OmarandRico

EAD caution

2 posts in this topic

My other half was so excited to finally get his EAD that he immediately went back home to Mexico to visit his family. on his return everything appeared to be going well, his check in with the airline was smooth and all appeared great. The issues started upon arrival into Chicago. My husband was originally global entry, a program that you use when you travel a lot, this helps skip lines, etc. I was adamant and told him that he can no longer use those machines while he is going through a change in status therefore he went to the immigration officer. Immediately he handed her his advance parole and his passport. The immigration officer looked at him and said "where is your visa do you have it?" My husband answered yes I do but I was told not to use it as I am going through a change in status.. The immigration officer said no I want to see it and I am going to grant you a six month stay because your going through a change in status anyway it doesn't matter, by the time you get to your interview you will be fine. The immigration officer proceeded to stamp his passport with his B2 tourist visit and wave him on. (I wasn't there during this as I decided not to travel with him this time.) When he exited customs I was very concerned because it all happened way to fast. I asked him did he get secondary and he said no and told me the story. I immediately the next day emailed our attorney who asked us to return at once to ohare and have the customs agents correct his admission record to reflect that he was paroled into the United States. Basically what this immigration officer did can be viewed that he abandoned his application because he was not paroled back into the United States. This obviously would cause us to be rejected and to have to refile and pay all of the fees again.. Long story short we were able to fix the issue but please be adamant when your traveling in advance parole if asked by immigration you are not to use your original visa if you had one...

11-1-17 Filed Removal of Conditions

11-3-17 Check Cashed

11-6-17 NOA Received

11-17-17 Biometrics Appointment Received

11-27-17 Schedule of Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

There seems to be a fair amount of incorrect knowledge with CBP officers.

Like rejecting K1 entry when the visa is valid but the petition date is expired (what I'll be doing upon POE in a few weeks). I've sourced confirmation in writing from the Sydney Consulate that I am fine to enter and the NOA-2 date does not mean anything. Taking that email with me just in case!

I'm pleased to hear you have fixed it up AND that your attorney was able to give solid and accurate advice.

I may be travelling on parole so this is a good post. Thank you!

Filed I-129F: 3 November 2014 (CSC)

NOA 1: 20 November 2014

NOA 2: 2 February 2015

Consulate Notification: 8 April 2015

Consular Interview: 19 May 2015
Medical: 20 May 2015
Administrative Processing: 20 May - ???

GLOBAL VISA SHUTDOWN: 9 June 2015
Advised approved for issuance: 24 June 2015
Requested re-validated I-129F (expired during shutdown): 24 June 2015
Advised I-129F revalidation received: 30 June 2015
Administrative Processing: 30 June 2015

Visa Issued: 13 JULY 2015
USA POE: 24 OCT 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.