Wil5on

I-485 Pending, Major Delays, EAD running out. Help!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

We were originally due for an answer in December last year 2014, but that came and went and nothing happened. I have been calling on a numerous occasions throughout this year, first person that talk to asaid that my 485 was being processed in ST Paul, and that they are having delays, then I called back when those delays were up, then the next person said that my 485 was being processed at at Lee's Summit MO and the processing times were around July and August nothing happened so I called back again. I called back on the 19th of Aug (just to be safe) and they set up a request form for me and told me to wait, the following week i received a letter stating that the request was made and that due to factors not related to my case they anticipate delays.. and that was it, no estimated time, nothing.. on top of that my online case status has not been updated since December.

I am feeling concerned it almost feels like my I-485 has been lost in the system, my friends who lives in the same town who applied 3 months after I did got theirs back months ago, and now my EAD card is expiring in less than 2 months.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issues?
Do I have to pay the $400 do renew my EAD card even though they admitted it was not my fault?
I am due to call back in the next two days to chase up, Is there anything I can do or request to help my situation?

Thanks in advance!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We were originally due for an answer in December last year 2014, but that came and went and nothing happened. I have been calling on a numerous occasions throughout this year, first person that talk to asaid that my 485 was being processed in ST Paul, and that they are having delays, then I called back when those delays were up, then the next person said that my 485 was being processed at at Lee's Summit MO and the processing times were around July and August nothing happened so I called back again. I called back on the 19th of Aug (just to be safe) and they set up a request form for me and told me to wait, the following week i received a letter stating that the request was made and that due to factors not related to my case they anticipate delays.. and that was it, no estimated time, nothing.. on top of that my online case status has not been updated since December.

I am feeling concerned it almost feels like my I-485 has been lost in the system, my friends who lives in the same town who applied 3 months after I did got theirs back months ago, and now my EAD card is expiring in less than 2 months.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issues?

Do I have to pay the $400 do renew my EAD card even though they admitted it was not my fault?

I am due to call back in the next two days to chase up, Is there anything I can do or request to help my situation?

Thanks in advance!

Yesterday we received the same reply for our service request and it also came from Lee's Summit.

K-1 I-129F Sent : 2012-04-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-05-03

I-129F RFE(s) :NONE!!! Praise GOD!!

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-11-07

NVC Received : 2012-11-13

NVC Left : 2012-11-28

Consulate Received : 2012-12-03

Packet 3 Received : 2012-12-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-12-15

Packet 4 Received : 2012-12-20

Interview Date : 2013-01-18

Interview Result : Administrative Review

2013-11-20 Embassy requested new medical, pictures and DS160.2014-02-24 Fingerprints and Oath (But was told AP was still in place).Ceac Status:2014-03-06 Creation date changed and also changed from immigrant to non-immigrant.2014-04-08 and 2014-04-11

Status Updates 2014-04-15 "ISSUED" To God be the glory!!!

2014-04-19 Visa in hand.2014-04-21

POE 2014-06-01 Married!

AOS 2014-07-19 AOS/EAD/AP

Mailed 2014-07-21

NOA 12014-08-18

Biometrics 2014-09-23

EAD/AP Combo Card Received2015-01-03

Received Potencial Interview Waiver Notice2015-05-01

Submitted Service Request2015-05-08 Reponse to Service Request "File is in transit to Washington District office 2015-05-19"

Mailed Renewal of EAD/AP2015-05-26

USCIS Received EAD/AP Applications 2015-06-04

NOA 1 & Biometrics Appointment 2015-06-17

Biometrics 2015-06-09 2nd Service Request (No answer)

2015-07-10 Status of EAD/AP Changed to "Card in production"2015-07-10

3rd Service Request 2015-07-17

Received EAD 2015-07-21

2016-24-07 Still Waiting!!! 2 YEARS!!!!No interview, No Greencard

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Send in the EAD renewal if you wish to keep working. There is no fee.

Ask them to do an inquiry (if you have not already).

contact your congressperson for assistance (again, if you have not already).

Good luck.

K-1 Visa -  Date of arrival to US  Aug 30, 2014

Married September 26, 2014

AOS: SEPT 24th, 2015 GREEN CARD RECEIVED !! 

ROC:  Oct 10, 2018    Approval of ROC via online USCIS site.  

Naturalization: March 26th, 2021 Approved!!

As of 2022, we are working towards moving back to Australia likely in 2025. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

When adjusting from a K-1, those that get an interview waiver letter have to wait over a year sometimes. Lee's Summit, MO is where the NBC is located. All the family-based AOS cases are sent there. Those not having an interview will typically stay there to be processed. You can check the AOS progress forum for the timelines of others that are also being processed without interview.

When needing to renew the EAD/AP, you include a copy of your I-485 filing receipt notice and the fees will be waived because you have a pending I-485. See the instructions for the I-765 and I-131.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to Fam.-based AOS Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.