Amhara

Stuck in READY

34 posts in this topic

Hey friends. My K1 case is stuck on ready since 15 days. I am waiting to be issued soon. Did this happen with anyone else?

I am so worried about it.

Please share your ideas.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Where are you seeing that? With NVC?

No, on ceac.gov. The last email we got from the embassy told us my fiancé should have been contacted to pick up his passport. That was on August 26th...

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had my interview last Sept 21. And its approved. Already 4days my case is in READY status tho my other batch in interview some are AP and ISSUED. Do I need to worry about it? Is it normal?

Yes, some just take longer. Some others have posted that they were in Ready for two or three weeks after they have been approved.

It's frustrating, but it will come. This delay just happens. Nothing is wrong.

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

Yes, some just take longer. Some others have posted that they were in Ready for two or three weeks after they have been approved.

It's frustrating, but it will come. This delay just happens. Nothing is wrong.

Oh ok thank you. But there's no way to refused it after they said in the interview that they approved, right?

Oh ok thank you. But there's no way to refused it after they said in the interview that they approved, right?

Very doubtful. If they wanted to deny, they would have earlier. Instead, fiancée cases change to Ready because they match up with your AA number you got from your DS-160 and it changes from Immigrant to Nonimmigrant. Your case creation date has also changed, yes? It's being prepared for issuance! Yay! You will go in AP as it's being processed for printing, then issued after that.

The embassy emailed us confirming that our visa package is being prepared for final issuance. Other cases are in AP and being issued as of July 20th but ours just wasn't in that batch. They are on a long holiday this week now.

I expect you should have yours before next Wednesday!

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

Very doubtful. If they wanted to deny, they would have earlier. Instead, fiancée cases change to Ready because they match up with your AA number you got from your DS-160 and it changes from Immigrant to Nonimmigrant. Your case creation date has also changed, yes? It's being prepared for issuance! Yay! You will go in AP as it's being processed for printing, then issued after that.

The embassy emailed us confirming that our visa package is being prepared for final issuance. Other cases are in AP and being issued as of July 20th but ours just wasn't in that batch. They are on a long holiday this week now.

I expect you should have yours before next Wednesday!

I hope so Amhara. Its holiday here also, so claiming it on Monday status will change :) Also yours cause I know you waited for that so long.

Timeline

My fiancee had her interview September 10 in Manila. The consular said we are approved and she should have her passport and visa in 5 to 10 working days. We have been stuck in "ready" ever since. The CEAC site tooltip went from check back in 2 days then changed to ready for interview. Needless to say my fiancee and i are not feeling good about it. I called the embassy today and they said i should just wait for 2go to contact her. I hope to hear something this week.

Timeline

My fiancee had her interview September 10 in Manila. The consular said we are approved and she should have her passport and visa in 5 to 10 working days. We have been stuck in "ready" ever since. The CEAC site tooltip went from check back in 2 days then changed to ready for interview. Needless to say my fiancee and i are not feeling good about it. I called the embassy today and they said i should just wait for 2go to contact her. I hope to hear something this week.

I'm still waiting too in my visa status. And till now its READY: said " Your case is open. Please check your status after two business days via the CEAC launch page. I don't know if I have to be worry about this but others already in AP and ISSUED status but mine still in READY

Timeline

After my fiancees interview the CEAC site used to say case created september 11 and check back in 2 days. A week later it changed to created august 10 and now says ready for interview. The US travel docs used to be different also but nothing is indicating that the visa is issued. It also says no status update available for her passport but it used to say it was at the consulate. Even though people say not to worry its hard to feel ok that its happening like this.

Even though people say not to worry its hard to feel ok that its happening like this.

This wait sure is tough! It hurts our heart each day that goes by. It's been 19 days since our last update and 26 days since our case changed to NIV>Ready. In the meantime, so many cases were issued at our embassy this week. All we can do is comfort each other.

We did get an email response from the embassy, which said they can confirm they are working on preparing his final visa package. I guess other's visa package is just faster to process? Is there some sort of additional review? Why does it take this long? I don't want this to go on for another month!

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

Our process went so fast. I filed with USCIS in July and we were able to schedule an interview in August but waited till September.Its really tough to wait like this. We are going into day 19 now and my fiancee has seen many others get interviewed then go to visa in hand within a week while we sit and wait. I finally emailed the embassy yesturday. Calling just gets the same answer. They just say to wait for 2go to text her. I just want an update. So sad now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.