Amhara

No response from Embassy

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

Is there another route to get visa case questions answered other than the embassy?

Everything I found about DoS FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) is that if your case is at a USEM, you need to make your request through them. The problem is, our emails go unanswered.

I sent them an email before my fiance's classes start because if we were in AP for longer, he might as well returned to the university, but dad has been in a coma, so it's better for him to be with family now. I asked about his passport since the call he got on August 6th said his AP was nearly done. On August 26th, the embassy responded to the email I mentioned earlier, and they said my fiance should have already been contacted to pick up his passport and if we had not, we should send another email. So we did. We were a little nervous, because we didn't want the passport back without the visa unless the AP was going to be longer.

So no response to that second email. A week later on September 3rd, our status changed to "Ready" and changed to NIV! Yay! We waited and waited. We got another update on September 10th, but no status change. Now, his family needs to move and he can't return with them because it's too dangerous for him there. He still needs his transcripts and we sent three emails asking about a possible time frame and they have all gone unanswered.

The Kabul embassy is normally good about answering in two business days, so I think they are intentionally not responding to our emails. I know it's positive, but with these major life events happening in our lives, we are nervous about where he should live from the time his family moves (probably before October) and when he gets the visa in hand!

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I'm really sorry about what's happening with your case :(

I've been trying to contact the embassy in Kabul about our case as well. I wanted to know when the interview might take place so I can plan my life, ya know? No answer still.

The only two times they have responded was when they wrote back a week later saying I need to include his DOB in the email. I sent them back an email with the case # and DOB. Then I got a response a few days later saying I need to include his full name. I sent that as well. Still waiting for an answer. It's been almost a month now.

Please keep us updated on your case!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.