Melodicdreamer72

RFE - Circumstances of Meeting (met in 2008)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello All,

I just got an RFE asking for more detailed information about how I met my fiance. On the supplimentary page used to expand on question 34a in form I-129f I thought they were looking for information and proof of having met within the last two years, and we have been together since February of 2008. Apparently I understood that wrong and it seems they are concerned that we may have met through an International Marriage Broker....so, I guess I didn't give enough information about how we met initially. I really didn't think I would have to get into all of the details of meeting, some of which I am not completly sure about, considering it was online and eight years ago. I ran into Eden in a chat room - the name of which I don't remember, but it wasn't one that I would really care to share if I did - after I saw her angel smile in her avatar and had to say hello. We shared a couple words there and then she gave me her messenger contact information. It wasn't long after that I found I was developing feelings for her. And, after a couple of months I was pretty sure there was something real there and so I went to the Philippines the first time. After that I knew...

The questions I end up with is, how to explain the meeting and whether the name of the site is really important.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or insite you all have to offer!

If initially you didn't explain what you just explained to us here than that is what they want. It doesn't have to be detailed, make it simple.

When I sen the petition I didn't send a supplementary page attached to it, I used the little space provided in the form and that was it, I typed something like "knew each other as kids, met again in person in Dec '12 after reconecting online"

21 Aug 2013: I-129F Sent

11 Feb 2014: Visa APPROVED!

20 May 2014: Wedding!

--

31 Jul 2014: Mailed AOS Packet

12 Feb 2015: AOS Interview - Approved

--

22 Feb 2017: Mailed ROC Packet

08 Aug 2018: ROC Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

They just want to know how you first met and if it was with a IMB. If it was in a Yahoo chat room then you could say that.. Don't need the name of the chat room.

12/30/13 Met online
05/23/14 Met in person
03/13/15 Mailed I-129F
03/17/15 NOA1
04/15/15 NOA2
04/28/15 NVC received
04/30/15 Case numbers
05/01/15 NVC Shipped
05/06/15 NVC at Embassy
05/12/15 Packet 3

06/08/15 Packet 3 Sent

Almost a month between getting pac 3 and sending it because we didn't plan to get married until early next year. Now we might just get married sooner :)

07/23/15 Medical done

08/10/15 Interview

APPROVED !!!!

08/17/15 Visa

10/03/15 POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

They do need the name and ask you to prove ii

MY RFE said 'How did you first meet?

If in a dating site show the page of first meeting and who contacted who

and how you paid for dating site

this question on meeting has confused many/ it is not the trip to meet in person

They want to see the proof / what they look for actual proof so i hope you can show the original contact

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

They do need the name and ask you to prove ii

MY RFE said 'How did you first meet?

If in a dating site show the page of first meeting and who contacted who

and how you paid for dating site

this question on meeting has confused many/ it is not the trip to meet in person

They want to see the proof / what they look for actual proof so i hope you can show the original contact

The question IS about how you met in person.

#34 asks, 'Has your fiancé(e) met and seen you within the 2-year period immediately preceding the filing of this petition?, Yes or No'

#34a.(this question is linked to #34) then continues and asks, 'Describe the circumstances under which you met. If you have not personally met each other, explain how the relationship was established.'

Stating that you met 'online' and whether or not you met through an IMB is a separate issue. Lately they have been sending RFEs for people that just simply state that. They want to know what website you met on so they know whether or not the site was an IMB(International Marriage Broker). If you specify a site that is some type of dating site, you should provide the website's TOS showing that they are not an IMB. If you did meet via an IMB, then read through the I-129F instructions for what documentation you need to provide because of that.

OP> You will need to provide them with information on what site you initially came into contact on. You need to prove it was not through an IMB.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.