redstripe54

Shipping possessions to the USA

12 posts in this topic

can you ship your own personal possessions to the U.S., before you actually arrive yourself on a K1, anybody got any esperiences and tips, thanks

Yes it is perfectly fine to ship your personal effects to a country without you being there. I've shipped twice and never been in the country when it first arrived. The first time the shipping company held it in storage for me till I arrived, the second time it was delivered to my parents home for storage.

I have my personal effects booked in for shipping next month, on arrival it ill be delivered straight to mine and my fiancée's home in the USA. I don't plan on getting out there till late Dec/Jan.

Hope that helps

K1-K2 VISA
FEBRUARY 2015 APPLIED FOR I-129F K1-K2
RECIEVED NOA1
AUGUST 2015 RECIEVED NOA2
SEPTEMBER 2015 SENT TO THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE
RECIEVED SYDNEY CASE NUMBER
CASE SENT TO THE SYDNEY EMBASSY
SEPTEMBER 2015 COMPLETED DS-160 K1-K2
OCTOBER 2015 MEDICAL COMPLETED
INTERVIEW - APPROVED
VISA ISSUED

DECEMBER 2015 ARRIVED INTO THE USA POA DALLAS TX 26TH DECEMBER
JANUARY 2016 MARRIED 29TH JANUARY
FEBRUARY 2016 SSN CARD RECIEVED

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS
MARCH 2016 SENT AOS PACKAGE K1-K2 21ST MARCH                                                       JUNE 2016 RECIEVED GREEN CARD K1-K2 11TH JUNE
ARRIVED AT THE CHICAGO LOCKBAG FACILITY 23RD MARCH

APRIL 2016 RECIEVED NOA 1 FOR AOS/EAD/AP 5TH APRIL
RECIEVED BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENTS 30TH APRIL
MAY 2016 BIOMETRICS TAKEN 10TH MAY

AP/EAD APPROVED K1 13TH MAY

COMBO CARD ARRIVED 21ST MAY

JUNE 2016 APPROVED AOS (NO INTERVIEW) K1-K2 3RD JUNE

Thanks for that so far, but I think I'll have to ask it again more specifically as there seems 2 different answers on that, can I have it shipped to my fiancée to receive it before I arrive on my K1?

Thanks for that so far, but I think I'll have to ask it again more specifically as there seems 2 different answers on that, can I have it shipped to my fiancée to receive it before I arrive on my K1?

yes you can

K1-K2 VISA
FEBRUARY 2015 APPLIED FOR I-129F K1-K2
RECIEVED NOA1
AUGUST 2015 RECIEVED NOA2
SEPTEMBER 2015 SENT TO THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE
RECIEVED SYDNEY CASE NUMBER
CASE SENT TO THE SYDNEY EMBASSY
SEPTEMBER 2015 COMPLETED DS-160 K1-K2
OCTOBER 2015 MEDICAL COMPLETED
INTERVIEW - APPROVED
VISA ISSUED

DECEMBER 2015 ARRIVED INTO THE USA POA DALLAS TX 26TH DECEMBER
JANUARY 2016 MARRIED 29TH JANUARY
FEBRUARY 2016 SSN CARD RECIEVED

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS
MARCH 2016 SENT AOS PACKAGE K1-K2 21ST MARCH                                                       JUNE 2016 RECIEVED GREEN CARD K1-K2 11TH JUNE
ARRIVED AT THE CHICAGO LOCKBAG FACILITY 23RD MARCH

APRIL 2016 RECIEVED NOA 1 FOR AOS/EAD/AP 5TH APRIL
RECIEVED BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENTS 30TH APRIL
MAY 2016 BIOMETRICS TAKEN 10TH MAY

AP/EAD APPROVED K1 13TH MAY

COMBO CARD ARRIVED 21ST MAY

JUNE 2016 APPROVED AOS (NO INTERVIEW) K1-K2 3RD JUNE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Yes it is perfectly fine to ship your personal effects to a country without you being there. I've shipped twice and never been in the country when it first arrived. The first time the shipping company held it in storage for me till I arrived, the second time it was delivered to my parents home for storage.

I have my personal effects booked in for shipping next month, on arrival it ill be delivered straight to mine and my fiancée's home in the USA. I don't plan on getting out there till late Dec/Jan.

Hope that helps

I am puzzled how you would fill in the customs DECLARATION FOR FREE ENTRY OF UNACCOMPANIED ARTICLES, as it has a space where the importer needs to fill in the date of arrival in the US! http://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/documents/CBP%20Form%203299.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

can you ship your own personal possessions to the U.S., before you actually arrive yourself on a K1, anybody got any esperiences and tips, thanks

Thank you for asking this! My fiance and I have been trying to figure this out as well! :)

My then fiancé now hubby shipped everything when he received his interview date. That gave him about a month to send me all his personal belongings. So when he got her I already had it looking like home for him :)

Filed: Timeline

Personal belongings , tools related to ones job & some furnishing is free, the

shippers will need info & proof for customs re: immigrating shipper, never

ship until visa is in hand and shipping about 3 wks before arrival is good, so

one does not incur storage fees, unless other arrangements are made for

clearance by shippers if allowed and that would be more expensive

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have shipped both to and from Belgium and to and from Japan when gettting transferred

not really much of a problem

and my neighbors just shipped all house back to Germany

ship in the name of your financee / sometimes makes it easier

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.