oscillate.wildly

Vaccination records

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to get ahead with getting my vaccination records, considering that we have a very uncooperative doctor's surgery. I am trying to figure out what exactly Knightsbridge will accept as a vaccination record.

I have managed to obtain a print out of my vaccination history from 2000 to 2011, but there are some records missing in terms of details of vaccinations received (e.g. in some cases it simply says: Infectious dis:prevent/control - I suspect these are things like Rabies jabs done at a different practice) and of course there is no record on there of childhood vaccines - likely they only computerised things from 2000. It is also just a list printed list - it has my NHS number, GP details and surgery address, and date printed, but nothing like a signature

I have asked for them to dig out the paper records. I also have my vaccination booklets which have records for 2011-2013.

I have a few questions:

- is the simple print out adequate? If not, what do I need to ask them to do

- are there any specific requirements for the document when they write up the paper records (if they do find them...) e.g. does it need to be signed?

- are the vaccination booklets a sufficient record - these are fold out booklets that have the date of each vaccination and a signature of the nurse, and in some cases the sticker from the bottle. Or do I need to get in touch with the practice that did those and get a different record?

Apprehensive to get this right as I probably have one or two chances to request things from them and then they will probably refuse to help further

Thanks everyone. I can upload a scan of the printout if this helps, just not sure if that is wise on a public forum

Edited by oscillate.wildly

Just about everything has been accepted. Printouts from NHS that are not signed, handwritten signed lists from the nurse, the little red book (sounds like your foldout thing is similar). It has to have the name of the vaccine and a date.

The only thing you need to find is proof of

Mumps, measles, rubella (two shots)

And

Diptheria, tetanus, pertussis (one booster since 2005)

The rest don't matter anyway so don't fret if you can't find every year listed.

So what do you have containing vaccination for those diseases?

Also, since you intend to delay your medical until December, get a flu jab.

Edit: Reminder to everybody else. Book your medical for Sept or plan on getting a flu shot.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Just about everything has been accepted. Printouts from NHS that are not signed, handwritten signed lists from the nurse, the little red book (sounds like your foldout thing is similar). It has to have the name of the vaccine and a date.

The only thing you need to find is proof of

Mumps, measles, rubella (two shots)

And

Diptheria, tetanus, pertussis (one booster since 2005)

The rest don't matter anyway so don't fret if you can't find every year listed.

So what do you have containing vaccination for those diseases?

Also, since you intend to delay your medical until December, get a flu jab.

Edit: Reminder to everybody else. Book your medical for Sept or plan on getting a flu shot.

Thanks for the help. On the printout from the doctors, I have: measles, mumps and rubella listed as a booster on 15th Sept 2005 - I am certain I would have had this as a kid but no records before 2000. I have diptheria and tetanus vaccination and a polio booster for Dec 2000.

In my vaccination booklet I have diptheria, tetanus and polio on 29th Jan 2007.

I have no record of pertussis, so I am unsure about that one. Looks like I am good for diptheria and tetanus (although only until 2017 so I will probably get a booster before I go anyway so I'm good for another 10 years). Looks like I will be good for MMR if I can get my childhood vaccine records, or I will have to get another shot?

Timeline

Just to clarify - when you say it needs to have the name of the vaccine, do you mean the specific brand (e.g. REVAXIS is a dip/tet/polio) or do you mean the name of the disease the vaccination is for?

Thanks for the help. On the printout from the doctors, I have: measles, mumps and rubella listed as a booster on 15th Sept 2005 - I am certain I would have had this as a kid but no records before 2000. I have diptheria and tetanus vaccination and a polio booster for Dec 2000.

In my vaccination booklet I have diptheria, tetanus and polio on 29th Jan 2007.

I have no record of pertussis, so I am unsure about that one. Looks like I am good for diptheria and tetanus (although only until 2017 so I will probably get a booster before I go anyway so I'm good for another 10 years). Looks like I will be good for MMR if I can get my childhood vaccine records, or I will have to get another shot?

Just to clarify - when you say it needs to have the name of the vaccine, do you mean the specific brand (e.g. REVAXIS is a dip/tet/polio) or do you mean the name of the disease the vaccination is for?

I meant it can't say "Infectious dis:prevent/control "

Revaxis is fine. They know what it is.

Not sure what they will do about lack of pertussis. They may let it slide. Seems like others have had that experience. I would just pay on the day if they say you are lacking. Easiest. I wouldn't try to guess or jump through impossible hoops to get records. I would just pay.

Polio is neither here nor there because not on the adult list.

You don't really need another Td. You have had one less than 10 years ago. And if they have a problem with pertussis, another Td doesn't do it.

Yes you need record of another MMR or get a shot.

And remember you are not required to have these cleared until AOS, but you will PAY for another doctor if it's not cleared by Knightsbridge and part of your medical record sent to the embassy.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.