lala64

i dotted..t crossed... just a little input needed

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello VJ family,

So I have 20 days before I go to Jamaica heres what I have as evidence to support the bonafide. I do realize that the decision will weigh heavy on how well we do during the STOKES but still wanted to run past you what I am taking as more evidence that I did not submit previously.

1. Entire K1 petition ( pretty light as the part reason for denial I think)

2. Pictures book/ 70 pictures of me him and son on trip,hotel my tattoo of his name pictures of him and son sleeping. more pics of us on the beach eating and pics of his best friend and us having dinner. pics of all the places we visited while there rick café etc etc..

3. 500 pages front and back of whatsapp chats ( not submitted previously)

4. t mobile phone bill from August 2014 to August 2015) showing calls escalated to 3 to 4 times a day in addition to chats Skype and tango. ( I spent a lot of time with this man:)

5. 80 pages front and back Tango Chats and Video call log

6 Skype screen shots

7. Facebook screenshots of us on each other page and the announcement of my engagement March 22

8.All of my financial documents again

9. All emails sent to the embassy from family friends minister travel agent Non profits in support of the son and the one that donated the wheelchair to him.

10. Emails between him and myself since last July

11. Profiles on the website we met plus another letter of circumstances of meeting.

Will also be taking more photos once I arrive and receipts from car and hotel with his name also on each of the reservations. Flight itinerary showing that I will stay almost 10 days after the interview date.

Can anyone think of anything else I may need to do in preparation. Besides download a copy of the I130 petition just in case LOL.

Thanks In advance,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Just my 2 cents and please don't think I am trying to discourage you, I am not sure what pictures of a tattoo will prove towards a bonafide relationship, but by all means bring them if you think it will help. What you need to remember is that they are looking for evidence of a true, ongoing relationship. Emails, texts, Skype, and anything you have that is joint like bank accounts, having each other as beneficiaries on insurance policies, joint credit cards ..things of that sort since the beginning and up to and including the present. I wish you the best, but try not to over think it, you will stress yourself out and that won't do you or your fiance any good. Feel free to inbox me again if you need anything at all!

Timeline

Just my 2 cents and please don't think I am trying to discourage you, I am not sure what pictures of a tattoo will prove towards a bonafide relationship, but by all means bring them if you think it will help. What you need to remember is that they are looking for evidence of a true, ongoing relationship. Emails, texts, Skype, and anything you have that is joint like bank accounts, having each other as beneficiaries on insurance policies, joint credit cards ..things of that sort since the beginning and up to and including the present. I wish you the best, but try not to over think it, you will stress yourself out and that won't do you or your fiance any good. Feel free to inbox me again if you need anything at all!

I certainly do value your input. No doubt about that but I was thinking who would put another persons name on them if they were not tied to them somehow but now that I think about it lol maybe some people do. We do not have any joint accounts as we are not married but I do have a letter from my employer stating that I discussed adding him and the child to my health and life insurance once we are married and what timeframe that would go into effect. I am overthinking it and feeling a little overwhelmed that I must go there without much planning on the trip let alone financing it. However God has made a way and all my arrangements are solidified. I am not discouraged and no one here could discourage me I am very hopeful that things will go in our favor and even if not now, one day they will because I truly love my fiancé and as long as he Is admissible I will keep trying and when those efforts are exhausted, I will move to Jamaica. Do I want to no, not exactly but if that is how it has to be.....

Timeline

Hey lala64,

I don't know if you mentioned this or not. But did you have a ring exchange during your engagement? those photos are probably the best to use. It would probably be good to have a large family photo at the engagement showing everyone's enthusiasm and support.

Good luck!

Absolutely we did but it was private between him and I. I took pictures of the rings and us wearing them. Silver bands. but certainly can get some family to take some pictures once I am there of me and his family and take those with me. Great idea. thanks

Timeline

Ring pictures -Great idea. Also, any credit card statements...did u buy stuff at airport, in JA using card.

I bought stuff in Jamaica, paid for the room, car dinner etc.. etc.. I didn't think of that. thanks this is great stuff.

Filed: Timeline

I am not saying its not something but I think a tat shown on him of your name would be saying more something,

get photos with his family members to take, and know how you both will answer the question " why does

your wife stays in a hotel & not you or your family home since you are a married couple" be sure both

response jive.....May god richest blessings be with you both. enjoy your trip, stay positive

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am not saying its not something but I think a tat shown on him of your name would be saying more something,

get photos with his family members to take, and know how you both will answer the question " why does

your wife stays in a hotel & not you or your family home since you are a married couple" be sure both

response jive.....May god richest blessings be with you both. enjoy your trip, stay positive

That's the first thing I thought. Let be honest- they aren't really questioning you being true to him- I'm sure they are looking more for his commitment to you. Does he have a tattoo of your name? If so, include both.

Also I see you mentioned your tango log. Why don't you download and bring the skype call log too? Bring everything!!!

Is there anyway to host a engagement party as soon as you go down? Also try to take some at home pics when you go. Just normal pictures of you at his house and around his family, etc.

For the stokes interview talk talk talk. Make sure there are no differences in what you remember. My friend failed a stokes because guy mention proposing as a joke first then doing it for real. She only mentioned the real engagement and they failed them.

I don't know your fiance's personality but explain to him don't run nuh joke, if they ask a question answer it but don't add unnecessary details, don't over explain anything. The more you say is the more they have to question. Short to the point answers. Look up some common questions and ask each other.

Good Luck!!

09/27/14 Married :content:

12/03/14 Became a US citizen :star:

. .

02/25/15 130 Petition sent

02/27/15 NOA1 date :clock:

07/23/15 NOA2 date

08/03/15 Mailed to NVC

08/07/15 NVC Received

08/19/15 Case number assigned, submitted DS-261

08/20/15 Paid AOS bill

08/25/15 Received welcome letter

08/25/15 Sent AOS & IV package

08/31/15 DS-261 reviewed

08/31/15 AOS & IV scan date confirmed by Sup.

09/02/15 Received IV bill by email

09/03/15 Paid IV bill

09/09/15 Submitted DS-260

09/17/15 Case Completed @ NVC

10/06/15 Expedite Request sent to NVC

11/12/15 Contacted Sen. Marco Rubio for assistance with expedite by email

11/19/15 Expedite Approved

12/9/15 Medical

12/11/15 Interview (Approved)

12/14/15 CEAC Status changed to AP

12/15/15 CEAC Status Changed to Issued

12/18/15 Picked up Passport & booked hubby's ticket.

12/31/15 Ring in the New Years together after 4 years!!!! :dancing:

event.png

Timeline

We are not married yet this is a k1 petition not Cr1. and you are correct about the tattoo. and I will get photos just as soon as I am there. thanks :)

Timeline

That's the first thing I thought. Let be honest- they aren't really questioning you being true to him- I'm sure they are looking more for his commitment to you. Does he have a tattoo of your name? If so, include both.

Also I see you mentioned your tango log. Why don't you download and bring the skype call log too? Bring everything!!!

Is there anyway to host a engagement party as soon as you go down? Also try to take some at home pics when you go. Just normal pictures of you at his house and around his family, etc.

For the stokes interview talk talk talk. Make sure there are no differences in what you remember. My friend failed a stokes because guy mention proposing as a joke first then doing it for real. She only mentioned the real engagement and they failed them.

I don't know your fiance's personality but explain to him don't run nuh joke, if they ask a question answer it but don't add unnecessary details, don't over explain anything. The more you say is the more they have to question. Short to the point answers. Look up some common questions and ask each other.

Good Luck!!

I tried but did not know how to down load the Skype log. so I just took screen shots and printed them out. We will have plenty of family pictures to share at the interview and even more in the 2 days before the interview. He does not have the Tattoo yet. But if they are questioning a bonafide relationship I am trying to disprove that I am only helping him to get a green card so I think the sincerity needs to be shown on both sides. At this point I have no idea who they think is being true so we both have things to show them. Good advice about the joking, my fiancé is a very serious person so I could not see him joking with the Consular about Anything, especially since his first experience was not too good. We are going there to show our evidence, answer their questions honestly and pray for a victory, In any case we will be together whether it will be sooner or later is up to God.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Good Luck!!

in a stokes interview it is best to just answer what is asked. Talking too much and offering too much information will look like she is over compensating and can set them up for failure if the CO goes back to the fiance and cross examines him. Keep answers short and sweet, if they ask you something and you don't know the answer be honest and tell them you don;t know. Only go into detail if they ask for detail.

Filed: Timeline

We are not married yet this is a k1 petition not Cr1. and you are correct about the tattoo. and I will get photos just as soon as I am there. thanks :)

LOL...my bad OP the marriage has not happened yet...lighten up breathe, prepare...but you will be ok

if it goes south marry B4 returning...you can have a big family wedding later...That's only if the decision

is not favorable..... When K1 is approved you can only marry in the US....best wishes

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I tried but did not know how to down load the Skype log. so I just took screen shots and printed them out. We will have plenty of family pictures to share at the interview and even more in the 2 days before the interview. He does not have the Tattoo yet. But if they are questioning a bonafide relationship I am trying to disprove that I am only helping him to get a green card so I think the sincerity needs to be shown on both sides. At this point I have no idea who they think is being true so we both have things to show them. Good advice about the joking, my fiancé is a very serious person so I could not see him joking with the Consular about Anything, especially since his first experience was not too good. We are going there to show our evidence, answer their questions honestly and pray for a victory, In any case we will be together whether it will be sooner or later is up to God.

when you log on from a computer look in the tool bars for show history. I believe you can download at least 6 months worth from there and if you're computer archives the convo you can get more. Google it and you will find info online. I know hubby and I actually stay on skype overnight so i included it. My thinking is if you're not genuine who's going to stay on skype for that many hrs. I think as long as you guys get everything correct during the stokes you'll be fine. The huge show of support that got you the interview probably will do alot of good.

09/27/14 Married :content:

12/03/14 Became a US citizen :star:

. .

02/25/15 130 Petition sent

02/27/15 NOA1 date :clock:

07/23/15 NOA2 date

08/03/15 Mailed to NVC

08/07/15 NVC Received

08/19/15 Case number assigned, submitted DS-261

08/20/15 Paid AOS bill

08/25/15 Received welcome letter

08/25/15 Sent AOS & IV package

08/31/15 DS-261 reviewed

08/31/15 AOS & IV scan date confirmed by Sup.

09/02/15 Received IV bill by email

09/03/15 Paid IV bill

09/09/15 Submitted DS-260

09/17/15 Case Completed @ NVC

10/06/15 Expedite Request sent to NVC

11/12/15 Contacted Sen. Marco Rubio for assistance with expedite by email

11/19/15 Expedite Approved

12/9/15 Medical

12/11/15 Interview (Approved)

12/14/15 CEAC Status changed to AP

12/15/15 CEAC Status Changed to Issued

12/18/15 Picked up Passport & booked hubby's ticket.

12/31/15 Ring in the New Years together after 4 years!!!! :dancing:

event.png

Have you ever sent him a card in the mail? If not, maybe do it now?? I talked to my husband every single day, but once in awhile I would pop an "I miss you" card in the mail with some printed photos of some of the trips I took to Jamaica. Those are great for evidence. If you leave in 20 days, that's more than enough time to get a card in the mail ;)

USCIS

11/12/14 - I-130 Packet Sent! (Phoenix Lockbox)

11/14/14 - I-130 Delivered

11/18/14 - NOA1 (Sent to TSC)

3/2/15 - NOA2

3/10/15 - Sent to NVC

NVC

3/17/15 - Received by NVC

3/23/15 - Case number assigned

3/23/15 - DS 261 completed

3/24/15 - AOS Fee Invoiced

3/27/15 - AOS Fee Paid

4/28/15 - IV Fee Invoiced

4/29/15 - IV Fee Paid

5/3/15 - IV Application Complete

5/26/15 - AOS & IV Packet Sent

5/28/15 - AOS & IV Delivered

6/3/15 - Email received stating scan date of 5/28/15

6/23/15 - Case Complete

8/12/15 - Requested expedite at NVC

8/19/15 - Received email - Expedite Approved! (57 days after Case Complete)

8/21/15 - Case left NVC

Embassy

8/24/15 - Case Received

8/26/15 - Interview Scheduled

9/2/15 - Medical Exam

9/11/15 - Interview - Approved!!

9/15/15 - Visa Issued

9/21/15 - Visa In Hand

10/30/15 - POE!!

11/24/15 - Social Security Card received in the mail

Timeline

LOL...my bad OP the marriage has not happened yet...lighten up breathe, prepare...but you will be ok

if it goes south marry B4 returning...you can have a big family wedding later...That's only if the decision

is not favorable..... When K1 is approved you can only marry in the US....best wishes

Exactly my thoughts and plan thanks :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.