hero-song

Nervous (more like terrified) of getting the K-1 Visa wrong, please help

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello,

I've been going through the K-1 visa requirements on this site before sending in the application. Even with the great guide, I'm very nervous because I don't want to my fiancée to be rejected for the visa. Is there anyone, either professional or with enough experience that can help me go over everything this week before I mail the documents and pay the fee to the right place? I'd be happy to pay someone here through Paypal for help or talk with you on Skype and show you everything I have!

If anybody could answer a few questions for me now:

1) The dumbest question possible that I'm still unsure of the answer: Where to send everything? Is it just to the nearest UCIS office? Or is it a specific office? I live in Columbus, Ohio.

2) The I-129, I had my fiancée complete it with me via Skype. After completion, I emailed it to her, she signed it, scanned it, and emailed it back to me so I could print it. Is this acceptable if the signature is scanned? This goes same with the fiancée letter of intent. Or does she have to mail everything to me?

Again, I would love to talk with someone about my application package. I'd be happy to compensate you via Paypal for your time, as I am absolutely terrified of getting this all wrong if I don't have someone double-check my work!

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

This is a do-it-yourself site. Most people here are not lawyers and should not be taking money to answer questions. How would you even know you were getting correct advice? You can ask your questions here in the public form, and people will help you out of the kindness of their hearts.

Follow the instructions for the I-129F petition. The mailing address is listed clearly on the USCIS site where you download the form and the instructions > http://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

The foreign fiance(e) does not sign the I-129F petition. The I-129F petition is filed by the USC petitioner. The foreign fiance(e) must provide a letter of intent, G-325A and US sized passport photo. Read through the I-129F instructions and the guide here > http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Don't pay anyone for help, we're not professionals and there is a wealth of information here already! All free :)

1) As KayDeeCee posted, follow the instructions. K-1 I-129F petitions get sent to the Texas lockbox. From there, it will be registered and sent to the California Service Centre. All you do is send your completed package to the USCIS Texas Lockbox.

2) I'm the foreign beneficiary. My USC fiancée filed the I-129F. To help out, I sent:

- My boarding passes for my trips to the USA (proof of meeting in the last two years)

- Photos of us together (to supplement her photos and our time together here in Australia)

- Passport photos

- Letter of Intent.

I mailed these over via courier to her.

Filed I-129F: 3 November 2014 (CSC)

NOA 1: 20 November 2014

NOA 2: 2 February 2015

Consulate Notification: 8 April 2015

Consular Interview: 19 May 2015
Medical: 20 May 2015
Administrative Processing: 20 May - ???

GLOBAL VISA SHUTDOWN: 9 June 2015
Advised approved for issuance: 24 June 2015
Requested re-validated I-129F (expired during shutdown): 24 June 2015
Advised I-129F revalidation received: 30 June 2015
Administrative Processing: 30 June 2015

Visa Issued: 13 JULY 2015
USA POE: 24 OCT 2015

Filed: Timeline

Paying ppl here is not a good idea or revealing complete identity & private biz

if one follows the guidelines one should be ok, if a mistake is made they send

a rfe, so please if you are good at doing forms it can be done by you, for ink

on paper signature you and fiancé can sign stuff & send it priorty mail.You

will need both birth certs along with proofs of relationship

Edited by Jawaree

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The general consensus is that wet signatures are better, but I've heard of cases where the signature was a copy and everything went fine.

The safe bet though would definitely be the wet signature. Also remember that the G-325a requires a signature as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello,

I've been going through the K-1 visa requirements on this site before sending in the application. Even with the great guide, I'm very nervous because I don't want to my fiancée to be rejected for the visa. Is there anyone, either professional or with enough experience that can help me go over everything this week before I mail the documents and pay the fee to the right place? I'd be happy to pay someone here through Paypal for help or talk with you on Skype and show you everything I have!

1) The dumbest question possible that I'm still unsure of the answer: Where to send everything? Is it just to the nearest UCIS office? Or is it a specific office? I live in Columbus, Ohio.

2) The I-129, I had my fiancée complete it with me via Skype. After completion, I emailed it to her, she signed it, scanned it, and emailed it back to me so I could print it. Is this acceptable if the signature is scanned? This goes same with the fiancée letter of intent. Or does she have to mail everything to me?

Again, I would love to talk with someone about my application package. I'd be happy to compensate you via Paypal for your time, as I am absolutely terrified of getting this all wrong if I don't have someone double-check my work!

Thanks

Hi, one of the requirements for the I-129 are actual signatures. You need one for the Fiance Letter of Intent and also the G-325. There is a section where the address needs to filled out in the alien's native language as well. My fiance is from Ukraine, print out the forms, fill in the section that required her address in her native language sign them and then mail them to me. It's a bit of a hassle with mail, but I wanted to make sure our package was as correct as possible. Also we used a visa service to help with our packet. I know it can certainly be done by a person, but I didnt' wanna leave any mistakes to chance. If you do decide to do it yourself, just go over your documents at least 4 to 5 times to make sure there are no errors. There is a check list and sample forms here on the site you can use as a guide.

Don't ever hesitate to ask questions here, no matter how silly you think they may be. Everyone here wants to help!

Tag

Priority Mailed I-129 on 8/10/15

Tracked and Received by Texas Lockbox 8/12/15

N.O.A.1 email/text 08/17/15

N.O.A. 1 hard copy 8/21/15

R.F.E. 09/02/15 ?

N.O.A. 2 email/text 09/24/15

N.O.A. 2 hard copy 09/28/15

N.V.C. Received 10/15/15

N.V.C Case#10/19/15

N.V.C. In Transit 10/20/15

Case Received 10/22/15

Medical 11/17/

Appointment date 11/18/15

Approval 11/18/15!!!!!!!!!!

P.O.E. J.F.K.- 11/27/15 ?????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks for the responses so far everyone! I know some of my concerns are silly, but it means a lot.

Yes, I suppose I'm just willing to pay someone to look over my stuff because I'm scared that I'll f**k something up and if I don't have someone look over everything, we'll be rejected. But thank you all for the *free* advice!

She has to sign the G-25a, that was a typo in my post. We'll find a way for her to send me the G-25a and letter of intent through the postal service since it can't be a scanned copy with her signature.

I suppose one of my main concerns now is that some of the documents seem extremely complicated, convoluted, and precise, while others seem too ......easy. For example, our letter of intents are really just a few sentences long. I feel like they should be longer or have more info, but they essentially just say "I'm gonna get married". Is that normal?

Also, the way we met isn't interesting at all and can just be summed up in a few words: We met online. Do I need to make a long detailed story out of it? I messaged her, and we started talking. I'm afraid they'll look at that and start questioning it for some reason.

Thanks all

Hello,

Thanks

1. You will send your I-129F petition to the Dallas, TX lockbox. The address is:

File Form I-129F at the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility:

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, TX 75266

For USPS Express Mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

2. Your fiancée only needs to sign form G-325A and the letter of intent, as well as send you a passport photo. She needs to physically mail it to you as they need to be originals. You can email it to her, she can print and sign and then mail back to you.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have not seen any lawyers on this site so... and most people will help you for free. there are plenty of resources on VJ and years of experience from people on here that will help you even those who have paid for legal services and especially those that know how to avoid challenges along the way. There are no two K1 petitions that are the same, each of us are couples with their own unique circumstances and thus the petition will be treated according to those. The answers on here are general on how you should fill out forms and what is required but no one can predict what obstacles you may come across. My advice is to send ALL the evidence you have of a bonafide relationship, fill in every line of the petition, scanned signatures are not an issue until you get to the NVC stage and need an original signature of form I134. All petitons go to Texas lockbox and are routed accordingly to the service centers, as I understand it now, they are all going to CSC. Please use the resources here, they are accurate and very informative. Save your money for the expenses that come up after the K1. those are quite steep and you will need it.:) good luck!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Get Original signatures.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for the responses so far everyone! I know some of my concerns are silly, but it means a lot.

Yes, I suppose I'm just willing to pay someone to look over my stuff because I'm scared that I'll f**k something up and if I don't have someone look over everything, we'll be rejected. But thank you all for the *free* advice!

She has to sign the G-25a, that was a typo in my post. We'll find a way for her to send me the G-25a and letter of intent through the postal service since it can't be a scanned copy with her signature.

I suppose one of my main concerns now is that some of the documents seem extremely complicated, convoluted, and precise, while others seem too ......easy. For example, our letter of intents are really just a few sentences long. I feel like they should be longer or have more info, but they essentially just say "I'm gonna get married". Is that normal?

Also, the way we met isn't interesting at all and can just be summed up in a few words: We met online. Do I need to make a long detailed story out of it? I messaged her, and we started talking. I'm afraid they'll look at that and start questioning it for some reason.

Thanks all

http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

This may help with the forms part.

As far as to the meeting part keep it short and simple. Our expanation was only 4-5 sentences. If you met online state what site, how and when. If you can include any info about the site you met on that may be a good idea as I've read sometimes they want more info about that. Me and my fiance met online also. I stated just that and then listed the dates of my visits.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks all

The more information you give the better. But every case could be handled differently. I sent about 500 pages of chat from the internet, but I had no photos to send. Meeting online isn't a red flag by itself but with other things that might be I think it could increase the possibility. Tons of people that use this site met online though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.