Hammad82

case reviewed, oath and biomatric done but still in AP

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

embassy called for fresh DS260 plus passport, pic and fresh medical in order to review the case. All the documents submitted. they administered oath and did biomatric but the visa officer did not issue the immigrant visa after reviewing it and my case is pending in AP since 2010.

Can any one help and guide me.

Edited by Hammad82

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I-130 petition filed in 2008

NVC approved the case in 2010

Interview held in US Embassy Islamabad 2010 and AP initiated by visa officer.

Second medical and DS form submitted in 2012.

now they called and ask for fresh oath and fingerprits along with 3rd Medical.

after taking oath the visa officer said i cant issue visa as ur case is still in AP.

Anyone can guide or help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the Waivers/AP forum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

pls update ur timeline and give little bit background info about ur hubby 5 years AP is very unique i have friend who is in same condition from ISB embassy

Timeline

first interview year 2010

Visa Officer asked simple questions at the time of interview like marriage date and names of relatives, about my profession etc. and administered oath. All the questions were answered by me and my wife but at the end he said i am sorry at this stage i can not issue u visa but u ll get it after completion of AP.

Number of emails sent to President, Senator, Congressman, Governor and other official wherein i asked about the unusual delay. Everyone answered "Neither we can Expedite Nor AP can be waived". But no one is asking govt official to discharge their duties with prescribed time regarding the unusual delay.

As per law all the govt officials are duty bound to act fairly, justly and in accordance with law and they can not hold the case for indefinite period. All the public functionaries are under obligation to decide the matter with in reasonable time. But I dont know which kind of laws they have in their country.

Constitution of US provides fundamental rights to their citizens which can not be abridged at all but they are not ready to hear on this..

I received second call from embassy for DS260 oath and fingerprint and i appeared before visa officer on 15 july 2015 and asked number of legal questions from visa officer and he was like i apologize, i am sorry, sorry and sorry but he was unable to justify his position because US Constitution is Supreme and no law can over ride it nor they can infringe the fundamental rights of their citizens.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

first interview year 2010

Visa Officer asked simple questions at the time of interview like marriage date and names of relatives, about my profession etc. and administered oath. All the questions were answered by me and my wife but at the end he said i am sorry at this stage i can not issue u visa but u ll get it after completion of AP.

Number of emails sent to President, Senator, Congressman, Governor and other official wherein i asked about the unusual delay. Everyone answered "Neither we can Expedite Nor AP can be waived". But no one is asking govt official to discharge their duties with prescribed time regarding the unusual delay.

As per law all the govt officials are duty bound to act fairly, justly and in accordance with law and they can not hold the case for indefinite period. All the public functionaries are under obligation to decide the matter with in reasonable time. But I dont know which kind of laws they have in their country.

Constitution of US provides fundamental rights to their citizens which can not be abridged at all but they are not ready to hear on this..

I received second call from embassy for DS260 oath and fingerprint and i appeared before visa officer on 15 july 2015 and asked number of legal questions from visa officer and he was like i apologize, i am sorry, sorry and sorry but he was unable to justify his position because US Constitution is Supreme and no law can over ride it nor they can infringe the fundamental rights of their citizens.

When you have gone for your interviews does the visa officer keep asking about one thing all the time? This may give you a clue as to what the problem is. I do know a Pakistani that spent 4 years in AP and is now in America with his wife. Everyone who has a long AP feels the embassy is being unfair to them. We are just a pile of papers to them. They don't care about us as people.

It has only been a month sense your last visit to the embassy. Your visa could be coming at any time. Don't feel discouraged it is not unusual for Islamabad to keep cases for many years before making a decision to issue the visa. Remember as long as your medical has 1 month before it expires they can issue the visa so make sure you have the money and everything ready to travel.

Oh my God!!!!!!!!! Sorry for you .

5 years in ap that is realky heartless from their part, they dont care about people lives .

All officer are trainer for dont care about people.

Timeline

Does anyone have an idea about who conducts the Administrative Processing ? Whether the visa officer or other State Departments conduct AP ?

So that i can write an email to those govt officials in order to inquire about the long delay.

As the embassy is giving stereotype replies for the last five years...

Timeline

Does anyone have an idea about who conducts the Administrative Processing ? Whether the visa officer or other State Departments conduct AP ?

So that i can write an email to those govt officials in order to inquire about the long delay.

As the embassy is giving stereotype replies for the last five years...

It looks like you and your wife have already sent emails to the correct government officials. Is your wife working with a congressman or senator? Have that person send an email to the embassy.

Timeline

Carolynhotstuff

yes we are continuously writing to Senator but till to date status is same ...Administrative processing...Senator's office is not helping. I asked a number of legal questions but their replies are stereotype e.g. Neither can we expedite the case nor the AP can be waived ... they are not ready to ask the public functionaries regarding unusual delay by using their administrative authority... five years have passed in AP and they still want further time which is ridiculous ...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~Hijack post removed. If you have your own question, you need to start your own thread.~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Carolynhotstuff

yes we are continuously writing to Senator but till to date status is same ...Administrative processing...Senator's office is not helping. I asked a number of legal questions but their replies are stereotype e.g. Neither can we expedite the case nor the AP can be waived ... they are not ready to ask the public functionaries regarding unusual delay by using their administrative authority... five years have passed in AP and they still want further time which is ridiculous ...

The senator's office does help they can get an answer to a question when the embassy will not answer your email. They just can't make the embassy finish a case or issue a visa.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Finally US Immigrant Visa Issued/printed/passport received. :joy: Thank God.

Immigrant visa issued for 100 days.

I130 petition for spouse was filed in Aug 2008.

NVC approved the case in Feb 2010

Interview held in Aug 2010 and AP initiated by visa officer

My case remained in Administrative processing for more than five years.

visa issued in last week of Aug 2015.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.