FluffYou

Unemployed! HELP!

51 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

My fiancé and I are currently staying together in the Philippines for the past two months, we have been friends for a long time and in a relationship for a while. I've been here for 2 months already. We are seeking advice on how we should proceed, originally we decided to do the fiancé visa process but I was wondering if you have any other ideas. I am 21 and my fiancé is 19, also I am not employed so I do not meet the financial requirements for the visa process, I was employed by an accounting firm last year but took a break from work to discover what I want to do, so I was wondering if a co-sponsor is the right way to proceed.

Thank you so much for your help on this matter and we both are looking forward to any advice you may have for us! We are hoping that our circumstances wont keep us apart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

USEM often do not accept co-sponsors for the K1 so if you need one, I would suggest getting married in Phils and going the spousal visa route. That way, she can also work and travel right away when she arrives in the USA.

How long do you plan on staying in the Philippines?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Would the spousal visa take longer? If so, do you have any idea how long? We want to leave as soon as possible, I plan to leave with her once she gets her visa. We already paid for the interview fee but we haven't filed anything yet, we got confused which step is first. Luckily it is valid for a year but non refundable so hopefully within 3 months we could have her interview scheduled.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Would the spousal visa take longer? If so, do you have any idea how long? We want to leave as soon as possible, I plan to leave with her once she gets her visa. We already paid for the interview fee but we haven't filed anything yet, we got confused which step is first. Luckily it is valid for a year but non refundable so hopefully within 3 months we could have her interview scheduled.

IF you stay in PHilippines at least 6 months you can get married there and file DCF. Do a walk in for the interview I believe, only takes a few weeks after that for approval

CoSPonsors are case by case basis in Philippines, but the last 7 months they are not requesting a I-134 for most K1's.

Timeline

Is that because at the end of the year they realize they have enough open spots for visa applicants to enter the US? I am wondering if that means that if we apply now, once it is time for the interview they most likely wont ask or care if we meet the financial requirements? I guess what I am wondering is if we are okay, what do you think?

Is that because at the end of the year they realize they have enough open spots for visa applicants to enter the US? I am wondering if that means that if we apply now, once it is time for the interview they most likely wont ask or care if we meet the financial requirements? I guess what I am wondering is if we are okay, what do you think?

Timeline

There is not a number or open spots for visa's for fiancé or spousal, it by application.

The Co's have told the some applicants that the I-134 wasn't really ever needed, but no one knows why they have not been asking for it as of late.

Nobody knows if they will be asking for financial requirements in the future.

IF you do get married and do a Spousal or DCF visa then they have to accept a co sponsor

Here is some info DCF http://www.visajourney.com/content/dcf

It been taking a few weeks to a couple months to get a K1 approved in PHilippines........

Timeline

So i worked only one year after high school, now i am no longer working, im only 21 and my fiance is 19. We are wondering which is the fastest for us to do and best for our situation. Also as a note, we've only met once but since our meetig we have lived together in the same household for 2 months and i am still here in the philippines, is that okay? Also she has lots of family in the states which could be co-sponsors. Please let us know what you think we should do.

Timeline

Usually you need a family member to be a co sponsor, your family since you are the Petitioner.

What visa are you using to stay in Philippines past your initial 30 day entry?

Timeline

Would it get denied if the co sponsor is her relative and not mine? We met online by the way, if ever you are wondering. And I came here without a visa but got an extension of stay from the bureau of immigration.

Would it get denied if the co sponsor is her relative and not mine? We met online by the way, if ever you are wondering. And I came here without a visa but got an extension of stay from the bureau of immigration.

I've heard Manilla is strict on Co-sponsors. Some consulates don't take them at all, others take them no problems, a few scrutinize pretty hard though.

Either way, as long as the co-sponsor is a US citizen and makes money IN the US. I'm not sure if LPR's are allowed to co-spsonor.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I've heard Manilla is strict on Co-sponsors. Some consulates don't take them at all, others take them no problems, a few scrutinize pretty hard though.

Either way, as long as the co-sponsor is a US citizen and makes money IN the US. I'm not sure if LPR's are allowed to co-spsonor.

LPR's can cosponsor Edited by Transborderwife

Timeline

Has your girl finished college yet?

Timeline

No, she dropped out of DLS-CSB. I am curious as to why that is important? :)

It takes money to live, and it fairly cheap to go to college in Philippines. I thinking about $600 per semester, So it might be wise to get her a degree while she is there and it is fairly cheap to live there. IF she had degree then she could have potential to earn better salary in USA versus only high school degree.

IF you stay there, after 6 months you can do the DCF visa and get it approved rather quick.

Timeline

I've been staying here for 2 months so if we decide to do the DCF visa, we only have to wait 4 more months to file for it correct? Is it faster than a K1 visa? If not, how much longer will it take? Also if we file for a K-1 and get rejected can we wait until I've been here for 6 months and then immediately file for a DCF?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.