MagarBoy

So my case was demoted

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I guess when it rains it pours. I think I have been dealt a raw deal with this migration thing. My story is thus. I have been married in August 2013 to my long time sweet heart. I happen to love her more than life itself. At the time of our marriage she was a P.R. In September 2013 we sent in our I-130 We got a priority date fior the 26th of September 2013. Our case was at the USCIS from that time until it was finally approved January 7, 2015. so that's 15.5 months. of waiting.

I happened to call the NVC in February of this year I was told my priority date is January 7, 2015. The same day the petition was approved. I was asked to send the I- 797C as evidence to show my priority date. I did almost 60 days later I got a response staing the email was improperly sent so I should redo it. Well I done what they requested. During that time my wife got naturalized & documents were sent by her & myself to the NVC with proof to request the category be changed from F2A to IR. we received correspondence in May that it is under review. We got a response last night that they accept the fact she was naturalized & they would proceed with the case. Only to notice we have now been placed iin the F1 category now. I kid you not. When I called last night after waiting over 2 hours I was told by the agent who can clearly see I am not my wife's son that there is nothing he can do because if someone made an error I have to correct it. So now I have to send another email with all the documents to they already have up the wazoo to prove I am not my wife son. BTW we are the same age. I honestly don't know what to do it's like talking to a brick wall when you talk to the agents there they just tell you the same gibberish. No one seem to use initaitive. So now all the persons who filed in and around the same time as I do are either receiving there visas or already migrated & I have to wait 7 years for my priority date to become current.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I guess when it rains it pours. I think I have been dealt a raw deal with this migration thing. My story is thus. I have been married in August 2013 to my long time sweet heart. I happen to love her more than life itself. At the time of our marriage she was a P.R. In September 2013 we sent in our I-130 We got a priority date fior the 26th of September 2013. Our case was at the USCIS from that time until it was finally approved January 7, 2015. so that's 15.5 months. of waiting.

I happened to call the NVC in February of this year I was told my priority date is January 7, 2015. The same day the petition was approved. I was asked to send the I- 797C as evidence to show my priority date. I did almost 60 days later I got a response staing the email was improperly sent so I should redo it. Well I done what they requested. During that time my wife got naturalized & documents were sent by her & myself to the NVC with proof to request the category be changed from F2A to IR. we received correspondence in May that it is under review. We got a response last night that they accept the fact she was naturalized & they would proceed with the case. Only to notice we have now been placed iin the F1 category now. I kid you not. When I called last night after waiting over 2 hours I was told by the agent who can clearly see I am not my wife's son that there is nothing he can do because if someone made an error I have to correct it. So now I have to send another email with all the documents to they already have up the wazoo to prove I am not my wife son. BTW we are the same age. I honestly don't know what to do it's like talking to a brick wall when you talk to the agents there they just tell you the same gibberish. No one seem to use initaitive. So now all the persons who filed in and around the same time as I do are either receiving there visas or already migrated & I have to wait 7 years for my priority date to become current.

I am sorry my friend, I know how frustrating this whole process is, if I was you I will just look at all the documents what you sent to the USCIS and to the NVC and make sure if everything is correct just contact the senator that represent your area and see he can help you.

Good luck buddy!!!

Timeline

You should hire an attorney. Your case has been messed up and without proper presentation, it will be stessful time ahead. That 2000 dollars will go long way if you ask me. I would not recommend attorney if straight forward cases but yours is unusal and rare. The only benifit is that nvc will take attorney more seriously than you and they have to give proper answer to them.

11/27/2013 - Priority Date

04/01/2015 - I-130 Approved

04/21/2015 - NVC received Case

04/29/2015 - DS261 filled

05/02/2015 - Case under CSPA review

06/04/2015 - Supervisor review Initiated-Wait 42 days

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have no advice to give you on how to go about fixing your problem, but I can fully understand your frustration. I encountered the exact same type of no help, roundabout, uselessness. Yet one email from our lawyer and the embassy gave her the full details and information I had been attempting to seek out for months. You should of heard their emails to me and then read the one email she got from them! Beyond frustrating!! If they would've told us what they told her, we would've been on our way alot sooner! :bonk: Oh well its only time right?! Not like that's precious or anything.

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: Timeline

No telling where the error began but they never accept any errors at any of these agencies

photo-copies of all the letters sent and received so far sent certified mail with signature

confirmation sent with an explanation cover letter to NVC and your wife contacting her

congress-person may help

Timeline

No telling where the error began but they never accept any errors at any of these agencies

photo-copies of all the letters sent and received so far sent certified mail with signature

confirmation sent with an explanation cover letter to NVC and your wife contacting her

congress-person may help

I agree with seeking help from congressman but I do not think congressman can do more than inquire about case status. When Case got tangle up in big mess, Expert attorney can enforce NVC to make correction or appeal the case to appropriate authority. Congressman is as good as you calling NVC and Rep will say they are working on case or some bull ####### story. I would recommend to do both and see whatever work to help with the case.

11/27/2013 - Priority Date

04/01/2015 - I-130 Approved

04/21/2015 - NVC received Case

04/29/2015 - DS261 filled

05/02/2015 - Case under CSPA review

06/04/2015 - Supervisor review Initiated-Wait 42 days

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

All government agencies have hired outsource staffing to handle phone calls / all they can answer is from a sheet of paper with basic information . They do not see your case on any screen in front of them and really can only say send the documents as requested. YOu are talking to a brick wall.

this is a sad story...beyond frustrating. Without a doubt I would hire an attorney if I were in your shoes. DIY is only good for straight forward cases....your case is not straight forward anymore

I am wishing you all the best.

Priority Date - December 2, 2013

USCIS -

12/02/13 : NOA1 (Priority Date)

03/24/15 : Case Transferred from VSC to CSC

03/28/15 : Hard copy of transfer received in mail

04/14/15 : NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) - finally! (informed via text on 4/16/2015)

NVC -

04/29/15 : NVC received the case (informed during phone call to NVC on 5/01/2015

05/08/15 : Case number assigned and IIN (received via phone call on 5/14/2015)

05/12/15 : NVC Welcome letter mailed

05/19/15 : NVC Welcome received in mail

05/29/15 : DS-261 Finally Available on CEAC and completed

05/29/15 : AOS bill Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

06/02/15 : AOS bill status: PAID

06/15/15 : IV invoice generated (notified by email) but unable to pay on CEAC...waiting...

07/05/15 : IV bill Finally Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

07/08/15 : IV bill status: PAID

07/08/15 : DS-260 Available

07/12/15 : DS-260 completed and submitted

07/13/15 : AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

07/14/15 : AOS and IV package received by NVC

07/16/15 : Scan Date

07/28/15 : CASE COMPLETE - NO checklist! :dancing::dancing::dancing:London...here we come...!!

08/04/15 : CC Email received...waiting for Interview Letter....

08/11/15 : Interview letter (IL/P4) received ...interview date 9/11/2015! :dancing: :dancing::dancing:

EMBASSY -

08/11/15 : Case Shipped to embassy

08/12/15 : Case Arrived in UK (tracked on DHL website)

08/12/15 : Medical completed

08/14/15 : CEAC showing IN TRANSIT

08/18/15 : CEAC showing READY

09/11/15 : Interview date (initial)

09/08/15 : Interview date (rescheduled on 8/18/2015) - APPROVED :)

xx/xx/15 : Visa in hand
xx/xx/15 : POE....Dulles airport!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Very sorry to hear of your experience. Very unfortunate item.

I think contacting the senator is a good idea. They normally make contact with NVC very quickly and can get a response in about 2 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.