Sirwan

What forms and documents do i need to fill up and collect after my I-129F got approved?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

My I-129F application got approved on July 21st, 2015 and sent to NVC. Im not sure what to do next and what documents and forms i have to collect, i know i can contact them in a week or so, but if someone could help me exactly what needs to be done i would be appreciate. I also looked up the Flowchart but it doesn't say anything about the forms needed and stuff. thanks again.

Follow the flowchart. The reason why it doesn't have any forms is just that reason. You don't need any at this stage.

If you want more info about your embassy check out your country specific forum. They should be able to provide you more direct information.

Also, please correct your timeline.

Edited by CharlieTanger

At the NVC stage, you don't require any forms. Once your case reaches the embassy in question, they may send you a letter detailing what you need to do next. Every embassy is different. Typically you'll need to complete a medical and fill out the electronic form DS160. By this time the American fiancé will need to send the I-134 financial support form, and any supporting evidence to the foreign beneficiary to take with them during their interview.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Typically, you (USC) will need to provide two major things: 1) Financial support documents and 2) Proof of ongoing relationship.

The beneficiary will need to get the medical exam done and make sure their passport is ready. They will probably also need to get police certificates in each country they lived in for over 6 months since they were 16 years old.

The financial support is the Form I-134 and supporting documents, such as USC tax transcripts and Form W-2 and/or paystubs (for the current period). Ongoing relationship is whatever you want to give. Remember, they may only have a few minutes to review, so make whatever you give them easy and quick to look at. Medical exam and police certificates are country specific and you will either need to look up the information on the embassy site or email them.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Check the US consulate website of the one you will be having your K-1 visa interview at. They may have their instructions online. If not, you can contact them to ask how the process will work for you.

http://iran.usembassy.gov/visas/iv-iranians.html

The following U.S. embassies or consulates process Iranian immigrant applications and are able to conduct interviews in Farsi:

U.S. Embassy Ankara, Turkey
U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
U.S. Embassy Yerevan, Armenia

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.