5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey everyone! Well first I guess I should tell you a little bit about myself and my situation, and then ask a few questions.

My name is Nancy I am from California and met my boyfriend at a bar in Venice beach in October 2013. He was taking a quick trip through the states before he went up to Canada on a work holiday visa. He is a New Zealand citizen but a resident of Australia. I visited him in Banff in December, he visited California in February, I visited British Columbia in March, and then moved to Canada in April. We lived and worked in Canada together for 6 months (by the end of our 6 months he had been there a year) We then drove down to California and stayed there until he went back to Australia in December, and now we are both in Australia (I am here on a work holiday visa)

I hope I didnt bore you all too much!

I do have a few questions about the application process, if anyone has any answers I would be so grateful to hear them.

Firstly is it okay for me to send in the I 29F and the G-325 from Australia

Second would I put Sydney Australia in the consulate section in the I 29F even though he is a citizen of New Zealand?

Thirdly we have obviously lived in a quite a few places in the last couple of years so the G-325 has a ton of residences on it, including the apartment we are in now, my partners parents house where we lived for 3 months, my parents house where we were for 3 month, canada where we were for 6 months... I just wanted to make sure that I am filling it out correctly even though we didnt live at the residences for very long

Lastly for the support part, you need 125%, while I don't currently have proof of that my parents do, does she need to be interviewed or just send in the paperwork? Does the American party have to be interviewed too and can it be in another country

Sorry for the lengthy post but I just wanted to put everything out there.

Thank you for reading!

Nancy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Can't answer all but one thing you will need from all the places you have lived in the last 5 years is a criminal investigation report (both of you)

Start the process to find out how to get from the different countries but don't do them yet. some are only good for a 3 month period. Do your research and find out what each country requires for these and how long they are valid..One friend on here was no longer living in one country and figured they could get the report for past residency. They were surprised to see an expiration date on the report as it covered the time she lived there and was not going back.

Good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I can answer a few...see the red answers.

Hey everyone! Well first I guess I should tell you a little bit about myself and my situation, and then ask a few questions.

My name is Nancy I am from California and met my boyfriend at a bar in Venice beach in October 2013. He was taking a quick trip through the states before he went up to Canada on a work holiday visa. He is a New Zealand citizen but a resident of Australia. I visited him in Banff in December, he visited California in February, I visited British Columbia in March, and then moved to Canada in April. We lived and worked in Canada together for 6 months (by the end of our 6 months he had been there a year) We then drove down to California and stayed there until he went back to Australia in December, and now we are both in Australia (I am here on a work holiday visa)

I hope I didnt bore you all too much!

I do have a few questions about the application process, if anyone has any answers I would be so grateful to hear them.

Firstly is it okay for me to send in the I 29F and the G-325 from Australia Yes.

Second would I put Sydney Australia in the consulate section in the I 29F even though he is a citizen of New Zealand? Where you are from does not matter, you interview in the country of residence. For instance, if you are from Egypt, but working in UAE...your interview is in Abu Dhabi.

Thirdly we have obviously lived in a quite a few places in the last couple of years so the G-325 has a ton of residences on it, including the apartment we are in now, my partners parents house where we lived for 3 months, my parents house where we were for 3 month, canada where we were for 6 months... I just wanted to make sure that I am filling it out correctly even though we didnt live at the residences for very long

Lastly for the support part, you need 125%, while I don't currently have proof of that my parents do, does she need to be interviewed or just send in the paperwork? Does the American party have to be interviewed too and can it be in another country. Only the visa applicant is interviewed...often times they do not even let the fiance/spouse into the embassy. There are exception, but the interview took place in the USA.

Sorry for the lengthy post but I just wanted to put everything out there.

Thank you for reading!

Nancy

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca