3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Well my wife was approved for her I-130 immigrant visa on May 21st. They said that we could expect her visa via DHL services within 5-10 business days. It is now July 23rd and despite various emails (which all go ignored) and phone-calls (with representatives whom refuse to answer case status questions) and even a trip to the embassy itself, we have heard nothing on when my wife's visa should be here. Her CEAC case status remains 'Ready' for the interview which she already completed. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem is or what we can be doing? Because this is ridiculous!

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

Filed: Timeline

I am having the same issue with my mother's case (same CEAC status as yours). Her appointment was on May 28th and I have called and emailed the embassy to no avail. The last person I spoke with at the US embassy in Peru did not understand English and refused to transfer the call to a representative proficient in English. So, I called back but this time the representative refused to give me any information (at least she spoke English though!).

It is almost impossible to get on the phone with anyone at the NVC (603) 334-0700. Their answering service is even more ridiculous (in summary: we are experiencing a high volume of callers please call back later). They have had this problem for at least 2 months now. If this were a corporation, someone would have already been fired and better processes would have been put into place.

Everything was going fine until the US embassy in Peru took over. After that appointment on May 28th, we have been in limbo. I am expecting my first born this August and I have lost all hope of having my mother around once the baby comes. Meanwhile, I have a friend whose wife was approved on April 26th in the Dominican Republic, was able to come as early as the beginning of June.

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

I am having the same issue with my mother's case (same CEAC status as yours). Her appointment was on May 28th and I have called and emailed the embassy to no avail. The last person I spoke with at the US embassy in Peru did not understand English and refused to transfer the call to a representative proficient in English. So, I called back but this time the representative refused to give me any information (at least she spoke English though!).

It is almost impossible to get on the phone with anyone at the NVC (603) 334-0700. Their answering service is even more ridiculous (in summary: we are experiencing a high volume of callers please call back later). They have had this problem for at least 2 months now. If this were a corporation, someone would have already been fired and better processes would have been put into place.

Everything was going fine until the US embassy in Peru took over. After that appointment on May 28th, we have been in limbo. I am expecting my first born this August and I have lost all hope of having my mother around once the baby comes. Meanwhile, I have a friend whose wife was approved on April 26th in the Dominican Republic, was able to come as early as the beginning of June.

It's ludicrous that we have been waiting since the latter part of May and haven't gotten any responses or really anything from the embassy. When other people are in and out with their visas within a week! Yesterday I called the embassy again and spoke with a representative who told me that all status questions must be submitted through email. We know how effective that is. But she mentioned, rather hesitantly, that there is a queue of people (literally over 1,000 people I was told) that are still awaiting their visas. Then she hung up abruptly. I'm not sure what the issue was.

That's incredibly difficult that this is like a race against time for you and your family to get your mother home before your child arrives. I have been living here in Peru for the past three years with my wife and son and neither of them have met my family from the United States but for conversations through Skype. I hope that there is some sort of change soon, because this is affecting so much more than just travel plans!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.