vajaster

Help! RFE notification ... suspension??

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I sincerely appologize if I'm posting incorrectly, I'm new to this forum and this is also my first post so bear with me please ...

I applied for an I-130 with Priority Date 06/22/2015. I requested an expedite on 06/29/2015 which was denied.

I than requested an expedite again (with more verifications) however I had my senator submit it for me on 07/08/2015.

My USCIS case status website doesn't say anything about the expedite again, I JUST received an email/text, when I view my USCIS case website now it says

"RFE Was Mailed ... On July 14, 2015, we suspended processing of your Form I-130, Immigrant Petition for Relative, Fiance(E), or Orphan, Receipt Number, because we need more information from you:

My question: Suspended? Is this normal? This got me super worried, have I done something wrong? Has this got anything to do with the expedited request the senator office submitted? If so how come there is nothing under case history??

Thank You all so very much!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

all normal.

we have an RFE topic - check it out when able !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

What this means is that your petition was missing something important to prove that you qualify to ask for the visa. USCIS and DoS have different requirements, but the USCIS first makes sure that the US petitioner has met all the needed information. The request for evidence (RFE) will let you know what you missed in your documentation, and when they need to receive it back by - your deadline. Read over the request and the guides in this site so you get it right this time around.

Some service centers get to their pending RFE cases pretty quickly, so it means that once you provide what is missing, you are close to being sent to the NVC!

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

@darnell Thank you ... will defintely check it out. Been following some of your posts, kudos to you. Thanks for your immaculate work.

@amhara Your post put me to ease, thank you for that. So i guess that's maybe good news? If I understand correctly from your post than this means maybe ... just maybe ... they've picked up my case and are working on it. Does this have any ties to the expedited request my senator's office submitted for me despite not seeing any indication of the expedited request on the case history on USCIS?

And I guess my main question is, is this RFE for the expedited request packet OR is it for the actual I-130? I'm trying to figure out if they're wanting information to confirm expedited request or the actual eligibility of the I-130.

In regards to your post about processing centers processing RFE's quickly ... I'm at Nebraska ... good news? or bad? lol

And by the way ... I've been reading a few of your posts (before I opened up my VJ account) and you've given me lots of good news with your posts lol

Thanks everyone at VJ ... I promise all this actually helps a lot. If not with USCIS at the very least emotionatlly. Just knowing someones there. That's all.

@darnell Thank you ... will defintely check it out. Been following some of your posts, kudos to you. Thanks for your immaculate work.

@amhara Your post put me to ease, thank you for that. So i guess that's maybe good news? If I understand correctly from your post than this means maybe ... just maybe ... they've picked up my case and are working on it. Does this have any ties to the expedited request my senator's office submitted for me despite not seeing any indication of the expedited request on the case history on USCIS?

And I guess my main question is, is this RFE for the expedited request packet OR is it for the actual I-130? I'm trying to figure out if they're wanting information to confirm expedited request or the actual eligibility of the I-130.

In regards to your post about processing centers processing RFE's quickly ... I'm at Nebraska ... good news? or bad? lol

And by the way ... I've been reading a few of your posts (before I opened up my VJ account) and you've given me lots of good news with your posts lol

Thanks everyone at VJ ... I promise all this actually helps a lot. If not with USCIS at the very least emotionatlly. Just knowing someones there. That's all.

Why, thank you, vajaster! I appreciate knowing that I helped you in a small way!

I haven't read anywhere that an RFE is sent in response to an expedite request - only the petition itself. From what I've read, requests to expedite are only denied; not requested to provide additional documentation. However, you can look at the NSC Igor list to get an idea on how fast NSC approves RFE's. Look for the approved petitions list and look at the more recent months. That should give you an idea on how fast Nebraska responds to RFE responses.

That's just my guess, but hopefully I am right! Lol! Keep us posted!

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

Hey Amhara,

So I'm waiting on the letter from USCIS but basically I found out it's for my Nikkah Khat.

Despite the fact my paperwork was spotless and clean they still found something "wrong" with it.

I submitted my Nikkah Khat (Marriage Certificate) with translation as well but apparently they want a full translation and not a summary.

So I guess page by page word by word translation is what they want.

Sound right?

Hey Amhara,

So I'm waiting on the letter from USCIS but basically I found out it's for my Nikkah Khat.

Despite the fact my paperwork was spotless and clean they still found something "wrong" with it.

I submitted my Nikkah Khat (Marriage Certificate) with translation as well but apparently they want a full translation and not a summary.

So I guess page by page word by word translation is what they want.

Sound right?

Yeah, I think so. They probably want to make sure they can read everything on it and not just some stuff. See if you can find a Pakistani thread on the topic by searching this site; I'm sure someone has posted that question or faced the same situation before. The NSC probably wants to make sure that your Nikkah doesn't have another woman on there that they can't read about! Lol! I think they need to make sure they understand all the parts before they approve. So after you get a translated copy, they should approve you quickly.

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

I'm going to be translating and correcting it ASAP.

Can't wait for this, I'm looking real forward. In my thinking, if they asked for this through an RFE that mean's pretty much everything else was good to go

and they were ready to approve/deny.

So hopefully we can at least get the first part over with quickly.

Thanks for all your help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.