The Engineer

Help about DV 2016

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello good morning everyone,

Fistly i'm new here in this forum and i would like to thank admins for accepting me, secondly i would like to thank Susie for being kind and so quick to answer my pm and for all the help she gave throught the forum as i almost saw all the posts and comments here about DV LOTTERY in order to not ask questions asked before.

I just figured out yesterday that i was selected for the DV 2016 and like almost of you, i was chocked and couldn't beleive my eyes lol

BUT i still have some questions and hope to get some answers:

Q1 ) my case number is like 2016AF00009XXX and i'm from morocco localized in Africa, does my number figure with first people who will be scheduled for an interview ?

Q2 ) if i'm in the middle and not with the first ones who will be called, do i still have to fill quickly the DS260 ? it's already done i still have only one case to fill, the one about where would you like to receive your Green Card in USA, and i don't know anyone in USA so i'm confused about what to put there, and by the moment trying to find a friend or member of family that can help me about it.

Q3 ) if i don't find any member who could provide me with a valid adresse, what should i do ? it's the only step remain for me in order to finish the DS and send it,

Q4 ) i just graduate for an Engineer degree this june 15th, 2015, do i have to put in studies and work section that i'm unemployeed and fil in studies section that i studied for my degree between january 2010 and june 2015 ? and what are my chances with this degree ?

Q5 ) what it the total amount of money i will need to pay all fees related to this procedure from submitting the DS260 to having the visa issued and the fee of the Green card once i make it to the airport entry if all goes well ?

Q6 ) i used to see in many post the word ASO , what is it please ?

That's all for the moment, thank you in advance and i'm sorry for all that amount of questions, i hope to get some answers and feedback, my appologies about my english if i wrote some mistakes and i'm pretty sure i did lol,

Thank you very much

waiting for you guys,

Ayoub

9xxx is quite low, probably will get an interview November if your form is processed. Outside chance of October.

Don't worry too much about the address, you can change that at either the interview or even port of entry. Just put down a hotel address or something like that in the meanwhile.

Your degree doesn't affect your "chances" other than maybe helping show you should get a job quite easily and therefore reduce public charge concerns. Your high school diploma is what qualifies you.

Your main expenses will be the medical (varies by country but usually a couple of hundred/few hundred US$ equivalent), $330 interview fee and $165 immigrant fee (only paid if you get a visa). Smaller expenses for getting other documents. Possible cost of travelling to your interview location and obviously cost of airfare to US when you move.

Timeline

Thank you Susie you are the best, unfortunately i already submitted my DS260 a couple of hours before seeing your answer, i finally got a address of a friend of my family living in USA, and about studies, i putted unemployed but i said that my highest degree is university degree ( engineer ) and subscribed 2 institutions, one for university and the second one for high school diploma, did i did it right ?

and thank you about prices, it gave me a clear idea so i may be prepared,

Finally, after submitting the DS260 and getting the confirmation number that i saved and printed too, what is the next step please ? should i just wait from 4 to 8 weeks ?

Thank you very much in advance Susie for giving your time to read and answer.

Now you just wait....you won't hear anything else from kcc until your interview is scheduled, probably 6 weeks or so beforehand. You can start getting your civil documents together, although people generally wait till they get an interview date before getting police certificates as these have expiry dates.

Timeline

Thank you again Susie, really.

So i won't send anything and any documents to the KCC for the moment, and i only have to wait for couple of weeks until KCC send me an email saying that my interview is scheduled ? sorry for repetition , just trying to make sure i understand every thing.

Thank you again Susie, really.

So i won't send anything and any documents to the KCC for the moment, and i only have to wait for couple of weeks until KCC send me an email saying that my interview is scheduled ? sorry for repetition , just trying to make sure i understand every thing.

Ok, I'm thinking you haven't read all the instructions. In your selection letter is a link to the website DV selectees. You need to read through all the pages in there carefully, as well as any links in those (for example the "reciprocity by country" pages give country specific information). Part of what you will see in those pages is that you do not send anything to kcc at all, it all goes to the interview.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hiii Back Susie, I just noticed that my answer about your last comment never arrived, probably because of my weak network, for which i present my apologies,

I'm just thanking you again and telling you that i did what you said, rereaded every single document related to the DV Lottery, and i'm now just waiting for the KCC to schedule my Interview. Thank you again Susie for helping me and helping everyone in this Forum.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.