KennyG

Venezuela Anyone filing for K fiancé

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi Im venezuelan I went through the k1 process on 2012. is really simple! once you get your noa2 in hand your fiance needs to make an appt with one of the physicians (see panel of physicians in the embassy webpage). I was living in Caracas in so I picked Dr Rigoberto Marcano (he was also a good friend of my dad but I dont know if he still works for the embassy). I got my appointment within days. You need to bring a copy of the noa 2, a paperwork you need to fill before goin in there and a passport photo. It's kind of long so let your fiance know he needs at least a few hours free. Its also important to bring a copy of his vaccination record, otherwise the dr is going to apply every vaccine he thinks its important (back 2012 every vaccine was bsf 120 so probably is WAY more expensive now).

Meanwhile, the petitioner needs to contact the NVC (National visa center and request the CRS number)... compare to other embassies, you need to contact them and request an appointment! they wont contact you!. You need to send them an email with your crs number and other info (names, dates, noa2 info etc ect) saying that you are an USC petitioner and you need a an appoitment for a k1 visa interview. They usually answer within 1-2 weeks with a date and a list of forms and documents.

They usually give you 2-3 weeks to get ready for the interview. Things I remember they requested: Affidavit of support (only the usc petitioner needs to fill this up) last 3 taxes, forms (not quite sure the numbers), the medical results (within a week, your fiance must pick up the results on a seal envelope, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES he shouldnt open it, it must remain sealed). I also bring photos, emails, aiplanes tickets, hotel receipts etc etc etc.

Your fiance needs a certified copy of his birth certificate and police record (both documents needs to be "apostillados"). I strongly recommend you to wait until you get the NOA2 cause this documents has a valid life of 3 months only.

The day of your appointment I strongly recommend you to go together! (I went with my now husband and my interview was significantly shorter and easier compare to a girl who went for the same visa but she went alone). We arrived there around 7 am and got out around 1 pm. Once you are there dont do the lines (those are for tourist visa only). You are going to see a guard and you need to let them know you are there for a different kind of visa. They will take you inside to do a different and smaller line.

You will go through 2 interviews: the 1st one is to request all the documentation and they also make a few questions, then they send you to pay (They accept debit and cash only, thank God I had enough cash that day cause the terminal was damage and they only accept cash). Is kind of long wait but hey! you are just about to be over. They will call you to a second interview to ask more personal question. When the lady who performing the interview saw that my then fiance was there, she called him. No joke! she made 3-4 questions and that was it!!! she didn't even ask to see nor a single photo!!! Funny fact, cause the girl who went alone (she was also there for a k1 visa) she was interview for probably 45 mins and she had to pulled every single picture and receipt she had! at least she got approved.

After you get approved, they will keep the beneficiary's passport and they will send you to pay for shipping (they have a small DHL office inside the embassy). You pay and you need to tell them where do you want to get your package (home or you can pick it up at your closest dhl). I personally rather to picked it up myself cause I wasn't home all the time, and they only deliver to the owner of the passport.

My appointment was a day before easter so it took little over 10 days to get my package but it usually takes a week or so. You will get 2 yellow envelopes, both sealed...the small one contains your passport with the visa inside and the other package contains your whole k1 package. that second giant package it must remain sealed!!! under any circumstances must be opened! immigration officers are the only allow to open it once the beneficiary arrive to the States.

That big envelope must remain in carry on luggage all the time cause you need to give it to an officer at the POE.

When it comes to POE: once you arrive to the US, you need to go through inmigration just like everybody else, but after that they will send you to an immigration room where your case is going to be processed. They will keep your passport and the large package. I strongly recommend you to fly on week days and avoid holidays, saturdays, sundays and even mondays. This room gets really crowed! and they can take up to 2-5 hours to process you. I also recommend you the 1st flight in the morning or the late one. I traveled caracas-miami 2 weeks after easter so it was low season...I also took the last flight that day (5.30 pm) friday. So I was only there for 1 and half (arrived at 8.30 got out at 10 pm)

If you need to make connection flights, make sure to plan ahead and give at least 6 hours between flights or stay overnight. The officers won't speed your process just because you have a flight to catch. I live in south florida so Miami was my only flight.

Dont worry about your luggage, a lady from the aiport usually goes to this rooms and write down your luggage receipt numbers so once you got, they are all together with a sign with your name.

During this time inside you are not allow to make phone calls or text! you can barely speaks to others in there!. What we did? when my husband went to the interview he brought me a prepaid phone (those you buy at walgreens) so I could called or text him as soon as I land. We already knew about the POE ordeal so we were ready and not worry. If you are traveling with your fiance, be ready to wait along with him cause the fact he might be traveling with an USC wont speed things up inside the immigration room.

Officers will call his name and they will open the package in front of him. They will tell him that he only has 90 days to get married, seal his passport and he is free to go.

I strongly recommend to get marry as soon as you can so can apply for his greencard sooner. It takes a while so trust me, you wanna be working on that so he can get his dl, ssn and other documentations done quick. we kind of procrastinate and it took me 9 months to get my gc :( Once you get his gc, you will have 2 years free from any paperwork hahahaha

For the greencard your fiance will need a copy of his birth certificate so make sure he brings all his persoanl paperwok

well thats pretty much everything! i highly doubt things have a change in 2-3 years hahahahahah if you have ay question let me know! good luck to u 2 lovebirds

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline

i forgot: you can call the nvc to request the crs number within a week of getting the hardcopy of the noa2. The service center should send your package to them within the same of your approval. Then the nvc is the one that sends your package to the embassy, so once you have the crs number wait at least another week (to give time to the package to arrive to caracas) to email the embassy requesting your appointment

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Thank you so much for your detailed reply !!!! You provided very thorough information. It helps with keeping us on track. Our gratitude and God bless you for obtaining your visa happiness.

My fiance is from CORO ESTADO FALCÓN and has family

MARACAIBO. So he will probably use the doctor in Maracaiba. Also, he was able to go online and request his national police Clarence record. Once they complete it, they will email him back and he needs to pick it up in Caracas. We are assuming it will be given a seal at that time. It's just a little annoying because he will have to fly to Caracas to pick it up and fly back or if he went and picked it up a day before embassy interview? However, I don't want to take a gamble and have any delays and him being able to obtain that. He has his original sealed birth certificate but does he need a different type.

Unfortunately, I will be unable to be present for the embassy interview. We have so much additional information and photos emails chat logs face time and such to bring.

Timeline

Your welcome love!! Well, I would definitely not risk it! What you can do is go to caracas at least 2-3 days before the interview and pick up the certificate. I wouldn't go a day before the interview! Things in venezuela are just too messy to take that risk. Poor guy! Unfortunately, all the main powers are centered in caracas -.- so people who doesn't live there needs to go often!

Well for now, the most important thing is the medical examination and calling the nvc to request the CRS number. Once you have the number, email the embassy requesting the k1 visa interview. Once they reply back, they will send you a fool proof list with all the paperwork you need to bring. Remember: the embassy won't be contacting you, you are the one who request the appointment!!

About you not going to the interview, it won't be an issue, it was just a recomendation. Many people went alone and didn't have issues. Thank God Venezuela has one of the lowest denial rates in visajourney. After helping over 15 couples only 1 didn't get the visa. It was not a good case and the petitioner was in a very bad bad economic struggle. In 3 years I only heard about this type of case. Just make sure to meet all the requirements!

And your welcome!! It was truly a visa to happiness❤️❤️❤️ When my husband filed the petition on sep 2011 it was taking at least 6 months just to get the noa2 and we got ours 3 months later. We were very very blessed! We were the 1st k1 visa applicants on 2012!! We made a lot of friends here!! I still can't believe it's been 3 years already!! This entire process was a blessing to us cause it brought us closer and made our relationship stronger. We know how hard is being apart so we swear never take anything for granted! After 3 years together and a baby, our commitment to each other is as strong as the 1st day. I've seen a LOT here in visajourney, this process is not definitely for everyone. This visa can bring you closer or tear couples apart! It requires a lot of dedication, resources, patients, discipline and love to overcome. But once you are living under the same roof you just feel invensible. I totally hated spent months away from my now husband, but I feel our marriage is better and stronger just because of this k1 thing!! Enjoy every moment cause time fly!

Edited by Andrea&Henry

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline

Again thank you for your additional information.

We are currently working on the police clearance form and the birth certificate forms. Please confirm, both these forms must be certified stamped copies that are obtained in Caracas? The police clearance form was ordered online. When it's ready they will email us back for it to be picked up in Caracas.

As to the birth certificate, is it the same process it needs to be a certified and is it in the same government building where the police clearance form is obtained? Do you know if the birth certificate form can be ordered online as well.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi I got my NOA2 June 15,2015 but the NVC still hasn't received it. I just had a compile of questions regarding the police record. Like where would my fiancé be able to get that from? Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Timeline

Hi,

We received our NOA2 on June 24, 2015. We are waiting as well to receive our case number. From what I've learned by the time we get our case number, our case will be at the consulate. So things move rather quickly. It will take between a week and 30 days to get a case number. You can call the national Visa Center with your receipt number to see if your case number is available at 1 (603) 334-0700 7am -11pm.

You will have to get a national stamped certified police and birth certificate record. It's a pain in the ### but it is part of the process. We did not think we needed the birth certificate because we have an official one but it still needs that national seal on it.

In reply to your question. As to obtaining a national please record there is a website you must log onto. It is best to do this early in the morning, as at the website limits the number of requests. I will attach that website link below. It will take about a week for that record to be finished by the government office. After which, you will have to travel to Caracas to pick it up and get a national seal or stamp applied to it.

http://www.mpprij.gob.ve/

That website is for make the request for police record international...

If you need an official birth certificate as well with a national stamp you must go to the place of birth and get an official copy. The official copy will have to have an official stamp from that hospital or region, after which a national stamp will have to be applied to make it acceptable for the consulate .

http://www.mre.gov.ve/

This. is for the info and for the national stamp in both born certificate.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi,

Today, right now, we have a official birth certificate with the state seal and ordered a police record but the official National governments government Seal appointment is in Caracas for December 8. So this is a big issue. Since we have an advocate or counselor that may be able to get the official seals and stamps for us. We will know this next week. Nehemiah were waiting to have our case forward it to the national Visa Center and trying to get these documents and this delay with the government making appointments to get the official seal is a big issue.

Where are you at with your situation???

My fiancé was not born in Venezuela so he was able to get the "official" birth certificate from the birth country. Yes, the Venezuelan government is beyond ridiculous!!! Our case should arrive to the embassy by next week. Then we will send them an email requesting an interview date. Yay! Good luck to you :)

Timeline

Sounds great congratulations!!! We're just waiting for our case number to do the same.. Did you have to request a national police certified record. We had to make an online request and it has to be addressed to Citizenship and Immigration Services of the United States of America. We found a counselor who can get the Seal done without waiting to make an appointment on the certification. Hope this makes sense

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know how I can reach the U.S. Embassy in Caracas? I tried emailing them to the immigrantcaracas@state.gov email but received and undeliverable response. Do you think my fiancé should get his medical exam at this point or is it too soon? Please advise. Thank you!!

Timeline

Hi the email is ImmigrantCaracas2@state.gov

You the petitioner has to email the request for an interview. A medical will only be given once you have an interview date. The doctors need to see and know you have a date for an interview for your able to have a doctors Medical

It's crazy. No one ever contacted either of us and they scheduled the interview at a time they chose. Thankfully we've been up to date in regards to her paperwork. And he was able to get the medical appointment right on time for him to get the results tomorrow. His appointment is scheduled for Wednesday. Good luck to you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.