AMproductions

Visa Approved! But still no word on it.

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

Good afternoon,

On May 21st, my wife and I attended her visa interview where she was approved. The gentleman told us that it could take 3-5 business days for my wife's visa to be available for pickup from the DHL Courier service. We are now on June 8th and we have yet to receive any emails regarding tracking numbers for the visa, nor has our status been updated on the CEAC website, nor will the Embassy respond to my emails despite me emailing them over three weeks ago. Needless to say this is incredibly frustrating and I would like to know if anyone else has ever experienced something like this and if anyone has any ideas on how to speed up this process.

Thank you in advance!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Libya
Timeline

Call the embassy.

19-Sept-14: I-129F Delivered

23-Sept-14: NOA1 (I-797C ~ Texas Lockbox accepted I-129F)

24-Sept-14: NOA1 (E-mail & Text)

Sent to California Service Center

3-Nov-14: Requested expedite by mailed letter with UN Human Rights Reports (Humanitarian Situation)

14-Nov-14: NOA2 (I-129F Petition Approved ~ E-mail & Text)

1-Dec-14: NVC Received Case

2-Dec-14: NVC Case Number Assigned

9-Dec-14: Embassy Received

3-Feb-15: "Package 3" Received/Turned In

25-Feb-15: "Package 4" - Received Interview Date

19-Mar-15: Interview ~ Approved

27-Mar-15: Visa Issued

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have the same issue. It has been a week now and I haven't received my visa yet. The call centre says they will not entertain visa case status but merely general enquiries. If it is a certain status enquiry they will direct you to their email ad feedback which basically would just tell you to wait for the ceac status to change. :(

Timeline

Call the embassy.

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately when I try calling the embassy they merely tell me that they will not answer specific case inquiries over the telephone and tell me I must instead submit my inquiry via email, of which they are completely unresponsive.

Timeline

Does the embassy have a contact phone number? Maybe you'll have better luck getting some information if you call them?

Thank you for your suggestion, however it doesn't seem to do any good to call the embassy. They tell me that they will not handle specific case matters over the telephone and that I must submit my inquiry via email. And like I said, it's been three weeks and they have yet to respond to my email.

Timeline

I have the same issue. It has been a week now and I haven't received my visa yet. The call centre says they will not entertain visa case status but merely general enquiries. If it is a certain status enquiry they will direct you to their email ad feedback which basically would just tell you to wait for the ceac status to change. :(

It seems we're in the same boat! I've tried emailing the embassy several times and only ever receive their automatic response as a reply. It shouldn't be taking so long when by their own estimate, it should only be three to five days!

Timeline

Sometimes it can take up to a month or a little more.

Wow! That would certainly be disappointing. We were in fact planning on traveling this morning, but needless to say those plans were cancelled. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's far sooner!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Good afternoon,

On May 21st, my wife and I attended her visa interview where she was approved. The gentleman told us that it could take 3-5 business days for my wife's visa to be available for pickup from the DHL Courier service. We are now on June 8th and we have yet to receive any emails regarding tracking numbers for the visa, nor has our status been updated on the CEAC website, nor will the Embassy respond to my emails despite me emailing them over three weeks ago. Needless to say this is incredibly frustrating and I would like to know if anyone else has ever experienced something like this and if anyone has any ideas on how to speed up this process.

Thank you in advance!

Can you pl update your timeline or tell us which embassy you are having issues with. Thanks in advance and good luck

Love is the shortest distance between two hearts.”

Timeline

Can you pl update your timeline or tell us which embassy you are having issues with. Thanks in advance and good luck

My apologies, I'm not very familiar with the timeline aspect of this site. We are having issues with the Embassy in Peru. We were approved for my wife's visa on May 21st, but since then we have received no further contact. Our case status remains, "Ready" for the interview we've already completed. Although apparently our Status was updated on June 8th.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Wow! That would certainly be disappointing. We were in fact planning on traveling this morning, but needless to say those plans were cancelled. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's far sooner!

Unfortunately that is why they say to never make any travel plans/book flights until you have your visa in hand. You can never be sure when you'll get your visa, they can only give you an estimate.

Timeline

Unfortunately that is why they say to never make any travel plans/book flights until you have your visa in hand. You can never be sure when you'll get your visa, they can only give you an estimate.

You're absolutely right. We learned this lesson to our disappointment. But even so, given their estimate of 3-5 days, scheduling a flight for 19 days after our approval didn't seem to be too unreasonable at the time.

Filed: Timeline

You're absolutely right. We learned this lesson to our disappointment. But even so, given their estimate of 3-5 days, scheduling a flight for 19 days after our approval didn't seem to be too unreasonable at the time.

actually it is very unreasonable to schedule a flight without a visa at hand. So many things have gone wrong. Even if your visa had arrived on time you would not have been able to go if, for example, your name were mispelled. I would love to save money and schedule a flight for my son and fiance, yet until his passport arrives and her visa, AND after making sure there are no errors on either form, will I happily purchase the tickets. It sucks, but never trust the government on an estimate. I hope you get your visa soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.