46 posts in this topic

So I'm with the December filers to remove conditions . Today I got a letter stating that they need more evidence ... What does that mean ? What else do they want ? This is what I sent in my firt package .

Pictures of us ...

Car insurances together

Bills

Bank statements

Joint accounts

Cars under both our names

Letter of where we live

By the way I'm pregnant now .. But I didn't send any of that back then ..

Tax return of 12 and 13 I stop working on 2014 ..

What else can I do if that's all I have .. ? Advice

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

What you have sent seems enough already which makes me worried since I filed mine April with almost the same evidences. Maybe you could add up affidavits from people who can attest that your union is bonafide, your pregnancy records, insurances, and 2014 ITR. Goodluck to your ROC and to your pregnancy.

Edited by aurpol

N-400 process

03/03/16 Submitted N-400 application and docs
03/09/16 USCIS ackn rcpt (txt, email, and NOA1) and chk cashed
03/29/16 Biometrics (walked in - orig date 04/05/16)
04/04/16 In Line for an Interview (txt, email, and checked case status)

05/16/16 Scheduled for an Interview (Case Status Online)

05/20/16 Received I/L
06/24/16 Interview date (PASSED)
07/20/16 Oath-taking at LACC ( I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!)

That's exactly what I said .. It didn't make sense .. I mean I have nothing to hide . Financially my husband and I are not in the best conditions so we don't travel or have anything like that :/ I guess my pregnancy is the last thing I can send

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

So I'm with the December filers to remove conditions . Today I got a letter stating that they need more evidence ... What does that mean ? What else do they want ? This is what I sent in my firt package .

Pictures of us ...

Car insurances together

Bills

Bank statements

Joint accounts

Letter of where we live

My I-751 is coming up soon also. Your evidence sounds exactly like what I am presenting, but I am including two affadavits of personal reference, but what I read from this forum affadavits and photos are a weak form of evidence. So your case now, also worries me. I too have joint life insurance, joint car payment, joint car loan, joint lease of our apartment, joint checking account, a power of attorney for my health care making my spouse the main person to make decisions on my health if I am unable to. Etc, etc, etc. They want more evidence I too will not know what more to present to them. I am worried. Good Luck Kimmi

Edited by rjgacek

Seems like you have more than me ! So you should be fine ! :) you'll see! My pregnancy is my last hope .. So Ima go ahead and do it ..

What eveidence are they asking for exactly?

For example if you sent in for bank statements the most recent ones, this is not enough. You need to send in ones back from when you were first married up to the current time period.

Kim I sent everything since I started using my social so I'll be back in 2013 ..till the end of 2014 .. When I send all the papers .. They are asking for the things i already sent ..

They probably lost what you sent in. I would make a copy of what they are asking for and resend it in with the RFE notice that was sent to you/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Pictures of us ...

Car insurances together

Bills

Bank statements

Joint accounts

Letter of where we live

We got the same. Make sure all the bills of house are in both names and send evidence of that. What about tax return on your spouse? Should have a joint tax return even if you aren't working. Should show evidence through all the years you have been together from beginning to present. If you have a deed on a house together or any credit card statements with your names. Re-send everything and make a good table of contents showing it all.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You should still have joint tax returns even if you didn't work.

We sent copies of drivers licenses showing same address, life insurance showing each other as the beneficiary, copies of health insurance cards, copies of dental insurance cards, mortgage and copy of deed to house(you can send joint lease if you rent), homeowners insurance(in both names), cable TV bills(in both names), cell phone bills(in both names), joint ownership of cars, joint credit cards, electric bills(in both names), joint bank statements, 2 affidavits(one from my son, one from an aunt), pictures, copies of passport stamps from when we traveled to Jordan(for both of us and my 2 children), joint tax returns, pictures. I sent a sampling of everything spanning the entire time he has been living in the US. I know we sent more, but I just can't remember it all. We didn't get an RFE and we were not called for an interview. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

We got the same. Make sure all the bills of house are in both names and send evidence of that. What about tax return on your spouse? Should have a joint tax return even if you aren't working. Should show evidence through all the years you have been together from beginning to present. If you have a deed on a house together or any credit card statements with your names. Re-send everything and make a good table of contents showing it all.

They don't need to send evidence from before the beneficiary was physically living in the US. Relationship evidence prior to living here was sent before his visa was issued.

Edited by mimolicious

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Consider crafting wills, medical powers of attorney, and similar documents. These make excellent evidence for ROC, and they're even more crucial to have in "life."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.