TracyFan

How can I communicate with NVC through emails?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: China
Timeline

Hello!

I received the welcome letter in the mail. Nothing in my email. How can I let the NVC know that I prefer to communicate with them by using emails, not regular mail.

Also, since we have trouble to log in to their website. Can I choose agent and pay fees through phone?

Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

If you have a case number you can call them and give them your email, no you cannot do those things over the phone . You can pay the aos fee if you've been invoiced it that is by mail but sadly you are in the same boat as many people if you have not been invoiced the aos fee yet and just have to wait till they decide to fix it .

Edited by Morganalmonshid94

Timeline

If you have a case number you can call them and give them your email, no you cannot do those things over the phone . You can pay the aos fee if you've been invoiced it that is by mail but sadly you are in the same boat as many people if you have not been invoiced the aos fee yet and just have to wait till they decide to fix it .

Hi! In the welcome letter packet, it has "Affidavit of Support Fee Invoice" which shows the amount due is $120. And at the bottom of that page, it says "You only need to use this invoice if you cannot pay your Affidavit of Support Fee online." My understanding is you need to choose an agent first, then you will be able to pay the fees. Is that not correct? Does the NVC give you a certain time to choose an agent and pay fees after they assign you the case number and invoice ID number. Their website is down.....

Also, in the same packet, there is a Document Cover Sheet as well. This page gives you all the document you need to turn in to NVC. However, on the NVC website, it suggests that if your case number starts with GUZ, you need to turn in all the documents through emails. So, I am very confused.

Edited by TracyFan

Timeline

then you can go ahead and pay the aos fee by mail with that but be warned it can take up to 21 days to be processed and yes your embassy does everything ep - electronic processing like my husbands country does as well (jordan) so you cannot mail your documents in at all they will not except them you will have to scan everything and email it to them .

Edited by Morganalmonshid94

Timeline

Actually no I'm wrong gzo China's other embassy does only electronic, you can do electronic or mail . Go with mail as electronic is a little bit behind .

Timeline

then you can go ahead and pay the aos fee by mail with that but be warned it can take up to 21 days to be processed and yes your embassy does everything ep - electronic processing like my husbands country does as well (jordan) so you cannot mail your documents in at all they will not except them you will have to scan everything and email it to them .

Here is the thing. Their website might be fixed within that 21 days. I saw people are struggling with this too, mail it or wait for the website to be fixed...

Instead of calling that busy busy line. Can I email them and start the EP then? If so, do you know the email address I can contact?

Actually no I'm wrong gzo China's other embassy does only electronic, you can do electronic or mail . Go with mail as electronic is a little bit behind .

What's the difference between GUZ and GZO??

Timeline

Here is the thing. Their website might be fixed within that 21 days. I saw people are struggling with this too, mail it or wait for the website to be fixed...

Instead of calling that busy busy line. Can I email them and start the EP then? If so, do you know the email address I can contact?

What's the difference between GUZ and GZO??

it's two different embassy's in China that handle visas, and you have to request to do electronic processing you can't just go ahead and email them so I honestly would go with mail . Their ep system is slower I know I've waited lol . And yeah it could be fixed but it's already been three weeks so I sent mine in last week you'll end up waiting whichever way you take though . It will take them 30 days to reply to any email you send them as well . They aren't big on replying phone is usually the quicker way sadly . Edited by Morganalmonshid94

Timeline

it's two different embassy's in China that handle visas, and you have to request to do electronic processing you can't just go ahead and email them so I honestly would go with mail . Their ep system is slower I know I've waited lol . And yeah it could be fixed but it's already been three weeks so I sent mine in last week you'll end up waiting whichever way you take though . It will take them 30 days to reply to any email you send them as well . They aren't big on replying phone is usually the quicker way sadly .

I guess I will go with the mail too. So if I choose to do the regular mail, there is no point to call them then?

Do I have to choose an agent FIRST, then pay the fee? Can you just pay the fee without choosing an agent?

Timeline

mail is the smarter choice I wish I could've done it being ep has delayed my husbands case so much, and you can go ahead and pay the aos by mail (be aware it goes to a different address then your documents do) because you have that invoice sheet but I would not send your documents in quite yet because they are reviewing them rather quick a mere 30 days currently and you don't want to get a checklist for the online ds-261 and 260 and the other fee you can't pay yet and delay you even more by 30 days .

Timeline

mail is the smarter choice I wish I could've done it being ep has delayed my husbands case so much, and you can go ahead and pay the aos by mail (be aware it goes to a different address then your documents do) because you have that invoice sheet but I would not send your documents in quite yet because they are reviewing them rather quick a mere 30 days currently and you don't want to get a checklist for the online ds-261 and 260 and the other fee you can't pay yet and delay you even more by 30 days .

So you are saying I can pay the AOS fee now WITHOUT fill out DS-261 online. I remember seeing someone said you CANNOT pay AOS fee unless you did DS-261 online in the forum somewhere.

Timeline

I paid my aos fee before I filled out the choice of agent no issues with me . You can wait if you want though but it's not going to cause an issue .

I guess at this point, I will just go ahead pay the aos fee by mail.

What is the next step after I pay the fee? Since I cannot log in to NVC website, how do I check if the fee is invoiced or not. I meant when/how to go to next step?

Sorry for asking so many questions but Im really worried and helpless.... :(

Timeline

It's ok once they process the aos fee it will change to paid and you can then hopefully do the ds-261 by then, after you do that they will review your ds-261 (you can call them to do this to get it reviewed faster) then the iv fee will be invoiced to you and after you pay that you can do the ds-260 . They tell you not to send your documents till you have paid both fees and done both forms but most people send theirs after they do the first form and fee (ds-261 and aos) it should get straightened out soon so you can access these things .

Timeline

It's ok once they process the aos fee it will change to paid and you can then hopefully do the ds-261 by then, after you do that they will review your ds-261 (you can call them to do this to get it reviewed faster) then the iv fee will be invoiced to you and after you pay that you can do the ds-260 . They tell you not to send your documents till you have paid both fees and done both forms but most people send theirs after they do the first form and fee (ds-261 and aos) it should get straightened out soon so you can access these things .

Hopefully everything is working online by then. Thank you so very much!! You made my day!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.