GJen

Tax Transcripts

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hey y'all.

Do I need to bring Tax transcripts to the interview??? I tried to have them delivered through mail, but I haven't received them yet. So I went ahead and tried to download them from the website and turns out Tax payers data was stolen last week so the system's down and it will stay that way until the issue is resolved. :( Do I really need to bring this with me?

G(Venezuela)Venezuela%20flag-S-anim.gifanimated_earth.gifus-flag-small.gifJen(GA,U.S.)iATxm5.png369549mx7b73btk2.gif

Visajourney.png

Timeline

You can call the IRS and have them faxed to you. That's what I did and it was not a problem at all.

OH I didn't know, Thanks. I'm gonna have to try that. What number did you call? just customer service?

Edited by GJen

G(Venezuela)Venezuela%20flag-S-anim.gifanimated_earth.gifus-flag-small.gifJen(GA,U.S.)iATxm5.png369549mx7b73btk2.gif

Visajourney.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Yep, just customer service. Please note that they do need to confirm that you receive the fax while they are on the phone with you, so either be right with the fax machine or use an online fax service. Hope this helps!

Somewhat unrelated but I've been trying relentlessly to call the IRS to get answers but the one time I got through it said the customer service line isn't available after tax season. It's only pre-recordings. If you have been able to speak to a real person recently, PLEASE tell me exactly how you did that in detail. I really need the tax transcripts for my case too. Thank you!

And yes, I do have an online account with the IRS but the 2014 transcript is not showing up there yet + I haven't received my return which is why I need to speak with a live person.

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Do you have a copy of your 2014 return? If you can't get your transcript by the time of the interview, take a copy of your return as well as proof of payment (bank statement) of any owed taxes. Better to have that with you than nothing.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

Somewhat unrelated but I've been trying relentlessly to call the IRS to get answers but the one time I got through it said the customer service line isn't available after tax season. It's only pre-recordings. If you have been able to speak to a real person recently, PLEASE tell me exactly how you did that in detail. I really need the tax transcripts for my case too. Thank you!

And yes, I do have an online account with the IRS but the 2014 transcript is not showing up there yet + I haven't received my return which is why I need to speak with a live person.

I was not able to talk to someone! it kept saying "due to call volume we can't take your call at this moment" :( I don't know what to do!! do you all think if I take my paperwork from turbo tax from when I filed for taxes this year, they will be okay with that?

Visajourney.png

Timeline

I was not able to talk to someone! it kept saying "due to call volume we can't take your call at this moment" :( I don't know what to do!! do you all think if I take my paperwork from turbo tax from when I filed for taxes this year, they will be okay with that?

Trust me, it's always better to have the IRS transcripts because those are true proof. Anyone can do turbotax. You need the official documents. I've been considering physically going to the nearest IRS to me to figure this out but I'm not sure if they could actually help me.

I'm not trying to be rude, but can you please explain exactly what you did? Who did you talk to, was it over the phone? What was your problem and how did they fix it? Thank you.

Baby what we have"

Timeline

My local IRS local office said they don't offer tax transcripts when I called, that I had to request them online! My interview is on Monday so the forms from turbo tax is the best I can do! :( we'll see what happens.

Visajourney.png

Timeline

My local IRS local office said they don't offer tax transcripts when I called, that I had to request them online! My interview is on Monday so the forms from turbo tax is the best I can do! :( we'll see what happens.

Yes, you don't have a choice. You've tried making an online account? If you've already received your refund it should definitely be online already. It's super easy to make an account with the IRS.

If you absolutely can't get the transcripts maybe you can get proof from your local IRS? Maybe they can fax or email you a letter stating they're unable to give you the transcripts.

Baby what we have"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I have an online account, and just went on to try to get my transcripts and I can't log in. It says: "Alert: The online Get Transcript service is currently unavailable. Transcripts may still be ordered using the Get Transcript by Mail service. We apologize for any inconvenience."

To request them by fax: "To request a 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ tax return transcript by mail or fax, complete Form 4506T-EZ, Short Form Request for Individual Tax Return Transcript. Businesses and individuals who need a tax account transcript should use Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return." When you print that form from their website, it tells you where to fax it to.

Hope this helps

Matt & Mish

:) 12/25/13 "Met" online (Instagram)

(L) 5/29/14 Became a couple

:wub: 2/4/15 First meeting in person (I spent almost 3 weeks in Brazil!)

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

6/27/15 Case received & case number assigned

6/30/15 Case shipped to Embassy in Rio

EMBASSY:

7/6/15 Case received by Embassy

7/20/15 Received "packet 3" email

9/18/15 Medical exam

9/29/15 Interview-APPROVED!!!

(F)"Every love story is beautiful; but ours is my favorite" (F)

Timeline

I have an online account, and just went on to try to get my transcripts and I can't log in. It says: "Alert: The online Get Transcript service is currently unavailable. Transcripts may still be ordered using the Get Transcript by Mail service. We apologize for any inconvenience."

To request them by fax: "To request a 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ tax return transcript by mail or fax, complete Form 4506T-EZ, Short Form Request for Individual Tax Return Transcript. Businesses and individuals who need a tax account transcript should use Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return." When you print that form from their website, it tells you where to fax it to.

Hope this helps

I just did the same thing and you're right. This is f*cked. I would take a screenshot of that exact page and use it for your interview as proof as well.

Baby what we have"

Timeline

Someone who had their interview in Atlanta told me it's not a big deal if I have the transcripts with me because since I already sent them with my package they don't really need them, they may ask for it but they don't really require them. The U.S. Citizen birth certificate, passports, green cards is the thing I am required to take with me.

Visajourney.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.