djadja hichem

can someone help ? or can i sponsor my self ?

12 posts in this topic

hi guys, please is there anyone who can help? even by an idea or suggestion

i am guy from Algeria and i got married with american woman, we are interracial couple, we have been married for 1 year and half and we have a son he is 8 months old now, born in algeria and got his american passport from the american embassy and
he is with my wife (his mom) in USA now

i am at nvc phase now and we need co sponsor to complete the process and send AOS to nvc
we do not need real financial help , all we need is the I-864

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

i am guy from Algeria and i got married with american woman, we are interracial couple, we have been married for 1 year and half and we have a son he is 8 months old now, born in algeria and got his american passport from the american embassy and

i am at nvc phase now and we need co sponsor to complete the process and send AOS to nvc

what is the question?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

You have plenty of time to find a joint sponsor. That person must be a USC, family or close friend.

Since you are filing for a CR-1/IR-1, your wife is your sponsor. Does your wife not have a job? If she does not, has she asked a family member to joint sponsor your application?

Since you are filing for a CR-1/IR-1, your wife is your sponsor. Does your wife not have a job? If she does not, has she asked a family member to joint sponsor your application?

yes she does , but she does not make enough to be able to sponsor me that's why

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Then she needs to find someone to be a Joint Sponsor, USC or LPR domiciled in the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

No one on this site is foolish enough to take the responsibility to sign an I864 for a total stranger as it put you on the hook for years and most of us have family we need to bring over. Your wife should check parents , siblings, relatives, co workers. If you fail then you will have to wait until she can save the money needed to cover the shortage.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

No one on this site is foolish enough to take the responsibility to sign an I864 for a total stranger as it put you on the hook for years and most of us have family we need to bring over. Your wife should check parents , siblings, relatives, co workers. If you fail then you will have to wait until she can save the money needed to cover the shortage.

ur right man

Previous posters have covered joint sponsors. Two other options:

1) The petitioner's (or intending immigrant spouse's) assets can be used to supplement income. For a spousal petition, assets are counted at 1/3 the rate of income, e.g. if your wife makes $1000 below 125% of the poverty line for the household size, she would show at least $3000 in assets.

2) The intending immigrant spouse's income can be used if it will continue from the same source after obtaining LPR status. (This likely does not apply to you if you'll be moving, but FYI.)

The I-864 instructions contain more information on these options.

2012: Married
2014 2016 2017: I-130 packet direct to Frankfurt

Frankfurt's "steps" to DCF:

Step 1: I-130 Petition Checklist (PDF, from their USCIS page)

Step 2: Immigrant/Fiance(e) & K-Visa Applicant Checklist (PDF, from their Appointment & Interview page)

Previous posters have covered joint sponsors. Two other options:

1) The petitioner's (or intending immigrant spouse's) assets can be used to supplement income. For a spousal petition, assets are counted at 1/3 the rate of income, e.g. if your wife makes $1000 below 125% of the poverty line for the household size, she would show at least $3000 in assets.

2) The intending immigrant spouse's income can be used if it will continue from the same source after obtaining LPR status. (This likely does not apply to you if you'll be moving, but FYI.)

The I-864 instructions contain more information on these options.

thank you :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.