HafsaJawwad

Islamabad AP Group Support K1 Visa

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey guys. I know there is a group for Islamabad AP but I wanted to see how many people are waiting for K1 visa. If you're waiting for a k1 from Islamabad, let's keep in touch and see how everyone is progressing.

I'm curious. Why did they put your case in AP? I mean what was their reason?

IR-1/CR-1

NOA-1 December 16, 2014

REF- June 24, 2015 ---------------190 days since NOA 1

RFE Respond- July 5, 2015 ----

NOA- 2 July 24, 2015 ------------- 220 days since NOA 1

NVC Sent- August 04, 2015 ----- 11 days since NOA 2

NVC Rcvd- August 18, 2015 ---- 14 days later
Case ID & IIN obtained- August 21, 2015 (over phone)

DS 261 completed- August 25, 2015

AOS Paid- August 25, 2015

Documents Sent- September 28

IV Paid- September 28, 2015

Document Scan- October 2, 2015

DS 260 Completed- October 5, 2015

Case Complete- October 29, 2015 --------- 27 days since Case Complete

Interview Scheduled- November 14, 2015 (Interview date- December 15, 2015)

Medical Done- November 23, 2015

Interview- December 15, 2015

Result- Need joint sponsor. Liquid assets not accepted.

... Looking for joint sponsor now.

Visa In Hand- .....

POE- .....

Timeline

I honestly have no clue now. They didn't ask my fiancé for any more documents and he said the interview guy told him everything looks okay but it needs to be reviewed more. So then he got the white paper.

I'm just trying to hear from other people who might be in same situation. I looked on the Islamabad AP tracker group but most of those are marriage cases.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I honestly have no clue now. They didn't ask my fiancé for any more documents and he said the interview guy told him everything looks okay but it needs to be reviewed more. So then he got the white paper.

I'm just trying to hear from other people who might be in same situation. I looked on the Islamabad AP tracker group but most of those are marriage cases.

Did your Fiance receive any white paper which is 221g? If he got it then which point they tick mark on it. There are four points. the first one is that No visa and ineligible for visa. The second one is for administrative processing and third one is Your priority date is not current and the last one is other.

Edited by Jialuqman

Timeline

Did your Fiance receive any white paper which is 221g? If he got it then which point they tick mark on it. There are four points. the first one is that No visa and ineligible for visa. The second one is for administrative processing and third one is Your priority date is not current and the last one is other.

Yeah he got the paper and the one for admin processing was marked

Timeline

HafsaJawwad Did you email the Embassy?

Several times. I also got my senator to email them but they only said that the case is in AP and that they have no idea when it will be completed.

The wait is killing me.

Timeline

I can understand. I am also going through the same situation. Hope for the best and pray. Inshaa Allah everything will be fine and the wait will be over soon.

Timeline

I can understand. I am also going through the same situation. Hope for the best and pray. Inshaa Allah everything will be fine and the wait will be over soon.

Well at least you only had to wait 20 days for NOA2 instead of 6 months..

Timeline

Yeah you are right, but now we are on the same boat :( Nobody knows how long our fiance's have to wait for getting a visa. May be it takes days, weeks or months.But still I have a good faith in Allah, Inshaa Allah they will receive it soon.

Edited by Jialuqman

Timeline

one quick question for you Hafsajawwad, The CO gave your fiance's other original documents (like birth certificate)back except passport or not?

I don't think he got the papers back. I didn't think to ask him about it. I know they kept his passport. I'm pretty sure they kept his birth certificate. I was thinking maybe they will send it back to him with the passport?

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi

I am new to all this. We got our I129F approved on 7th July.

I called NVC last week and they gave me my case number. I am tracking it and it says IN TRANSIT. I dont find any status update date on CEAC. Also I didnt got any Invoice number from NVC.

I want to know the following if any one can help.

-Do you need an Invoice number for K1 Visa?

-We havent recieved any email from NVC or CONSULAR Service in ISB yet. Do we need to keep calling NVC or wait to hear from them?

- Is it possible to change the interview location from ISB to KHI?

- When I track the case number it says "your interview date was provided to you by the NVC" but I hvent recieved any date. I've looked at different forums and they say you need to wait for Packet 3 before they give you interview date.

Can anyone please simply the whole process for me? The case is in transit, so whats next from here????

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.