iandunross

Siam legal

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Anybody used Siam legal for K1 visa? How was your experience? How long did it take to get the visa?

Siam legal claims that they sent my packet to Uscis 50 days ago. I still did not receive the first action of notice. Uscis says i m not even in the system. Siam legal barely responds to my emails and phone calls. No tracking number was provided. Should I just be patient and wait?

I already feel like I annoyed Siam legal with my constant emails and phone calls, I just don't want to completely ruin the relationship with them. But what should I do???

Others who used siam legal

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/429935-anyone-use-siam-legal-from-bangkok-merged/

Mixed reviews, some good some bad.

IMO, if you used their service but they are terrible at getting back to you, you should fire them and send the petition on your own. You can keep pushing them until they finally provide you proof that they did send it (like the tracking number), but if you choose to stick with them, you should expect plenty of stress for months to come. You hired them thinking it will be less stress, turns out you're paying for more headaches instead.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Thailand regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Thanks for the reply. I guess I will just keep pressing on them to do their job. Firing them seems very complicated and will potentially prolong the process even further. I just hope it does not take over a year to get a fiancé visa

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks for the reply. I guess I will just keep pressing on them to do their job. Firing them seems very complicated and will potentially prolong the process even further. I just hope it does not take over a year to get a fiancé visa

They cant do anything you could have done by yourself. They submit the exact same docs to the exact same offices ect. Once that is done they don't have any more info than you could get so you just have wait.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I used them for my wife's (then fiancé) K-1. Our experience was great. They met all our expectations and I never had issues with them getting back to me. I guess it depends on who your case worker is; ours was great. It sounds like you got the run of the litter. I would try to find out who his supervisor is and contact him/her. If you don't get a response from the supervisor, try to contact the lawyer that oversees your case. In our case, they were able to provide me with a tracking number when they sent the package, and I tracked it until it arrived USCIS.

See my below timeline for K-1 (we used Siam Legal)

K-1 TIMELINE11/03/2010 Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS VSC
11/15/2010 Received NOA1 in the mail
02/04/2011 Requested expediting of case for military deployment
02/11/2011 Expediting request approved
02/22/2011 Received expediting request approval letter in the mail
02/28/2011 NOA2 Document Received in the mail
02/28/2011 NVC received and case # assigned
03/01/2011 Case sent to Embassy
03/04/2011 Case received at the Embassy
03/09/2011 Embassy sent Packet 3 via mail (we did not wait for it, downloaded forms online)
03/15/2011 Sent Packet 3 to the Embassy
03/18/2011 Embassy received Packet 3 in the mail
03/28/2011 Received Packet 4 from Embassy
04/20/2011 Embassy Interview Date (APPROVED)
04/27/2011 POE JFK, NY
AOS/AE/AP TIMELINE
06/24/2011 Mailed the AOS/EA/AP
07/05/2011 Received NOA1's for the AP/AE/AOS dated 06/27/2011
07/08/2011 Received NOA for biometrics appointment
07/25/2011 Biometrics appointment
08/24/2011 Received AP/AE card in the mail
09/08/2011 AOS interview APPROVED
09/09/2011 Card in production
09/19/2011 Green card on hand!

I-130 TIMELINE - STEPDAUGHTER I-751 TIMELINE-WIFE

04/07/2013 Mailed I-130 petition 06/10/2013 Mailed I-751 petition

04/14/2013 Received NOA1 inthe mail 06/19/2013 Received NOA1 in mail

05/04/2013 Requested expediting due to military deployment %

Timeline

I used Siam Legal, unfortunately I found this site after I had started with them. Ours took around 5 months, I had the NOA1 in 5 days after they sent it in, I insisted they overnight it, which they did. and I got a tracking number.

If you have not gotten NOA1 in 50 days and USCIS has no record, then it was either lost in the mail, or they never sent it, and you are now delayed 2 months.

Overall the service was good, but the lawyer I had there was a lady from the US, which made it much easier to deal with than the Thai staff. I learned the process and was always calling asking questions, and as soon as I got anything I was on the phone with them demanding they move things along. But this is normal when dealing with any attorney, as they have lots of clients and you are rarely the priority.

I know a few other people who used them and the experience was mixed, of course that was in recent years, I did mine back in 2008 so I am sure things have changed.

One part of having hired them that was invaluable was that they could tell my wife exactly what they needed, where as I was trying to explain to her (at the time), and she was clueless on the documents.

Timeline

Thank you so much for answering! My lawyer get back to me and said that he sent my packet along with others so he does not know which tracking number my particular packet was. He said that the check cleared and they have transfered my file to some other department. So I should be getting my fist notice of action any day now . I really hope that's true!!!

Thank you so much for answering! My lawyer get back to me and said that he sent my packet along with others so he does not know which tracking number my particular packet was. He said that the check cleared and they have transfered my file to some other department. So I should be getting my fist notice of action any day now . I really hope that's true!!!

I hope its true too. Kinda odd that he doesn't keep track of packets he sent out though. ijs

Timeline

They made the payment for you? With mine they required I send the check. 50 days and no NOA1 he is lying to you. You should have had it within a week of arrival at USCIS. I would be surprised if they sent them in bulk, I think he is just trying to save face.

Timeline

Does anybody know how long it takes to receive NOA1 after they cleared the check? 30 days? If I call Uscis now, will I be in the system ? I just don't even believe anything my lawyer is saying. This is so frustrating

Timeline

Usually takes a couple of days. It should not take that long. Provided they used your address, you should have it by now if they sent it out two months ago.

On the back of the cleared check I got, it had my case number. Of course I used my own check.

Does anybody know how long it takes to receive NOA1 after they cleared the check? 30 days? If I call Uscis now, will I be in the system ? I just don't even believe anything my lawyer is saying. This is so frustrating

Yes 30 days and yes you should be on the system by now (IF the lawyer did send the papers to USCIS)

Can you explain the deal about the check? Did you use your own check?

Timeline

I paid Siam legal everything at once. One payment for the entire process. So they sent the check. I m hoping that they know the check number that is associated with my case. The check was from Siam legal.

I m caking USCIS today to see if I m in the system

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.