GentleGrace

214 (b) Visa refused

11 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi! I just had an interview today at the US embassy in UAE. The interview lasted only for a minute. He only asked about the purpose of my visit in US, how long I've been staying here and what company am I working for. The CO was typing something on his end and handed me over the paper stating the refusal.

I couldn't figure out why they would deny me right there and then. I've told him I was only going to spend my annual leave for thirty days and visit my friend since I'm staying with her for the whole trip. I want to explain further about the situation if there's something wrong but the CO didn't give me a chance to.

I have all documents needed from my employer and my friend's too.

Please advise me if I should re-apply because I really want to go there and I sure will definitely come back here in UAE. Thanks!

Visit visa is normally rejected when you cannot provide enough proof of your finances and that you will return back to UAE.

I will suggest to have a strong bank statement and provide proof of ownership/job in the UAE.

31-03-2013 Got married
15-08-2014 I-130 sent
19-08-2014 NOA 1
19-11-2014 I-130 Approved
26-01-2015 Received DS-261/AOS Bill
02-02-2015 Paid AOS fee
15-03-2015 Paid IV fee
17-03-2015 Package sent to NVC
23-03-2015 Package received at NVC
24-03-2015 DS 260 submitted online
25-03-2015 Confirmation email received from NVC
21-04-2015 Received Checklist
27-04-2015 Checklist documents sent to NVC
06-06-2015 Received email for case approval

26-08-2015 Interview scheduled for 22nd Sep 2015

22-09-2015 Visa Approved

Wonder if they read your other posts where you actually want to visit your boyfriend? In any case, have boyfriend come visit you in UAE or a neighboring country because you won't be getting a US tourist visa any time soon.

Don't reapply if circumstances haven't changed, that's a waste of money.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi! I just had an interview today at the US embassy in UAE. The interview lasted only for a minute. He only asked about the purpose of my visit in US, how long I've been staying here and what company am I working for. The CO was typing something on his end and handed me over the paper stating the refusal.

I couldn't figure out why they would deny me right there and then. I've told him I was only going to spend my annual leave for thirty days and visit my friend since I'm staying with her for the whole trip. I want to explain further about the situation if there's something wrong but the CO didn't give me a chance to.

Please advise me if I should re-apply because I really want to go there and I sure will definitely come back here in UAE. Thanks!

I'm not here to judge you but in your other posts you have talked about trying to visit your boyfriend in the US now you are saying its your friend who is a girl. Unfortunately it doesn't really matter who you are going to visit you haven't proven to the CO that you won't immigrate. You can re-apply but unless something has changed with your situation it will likely be denied again.

Your first issue is that you are a 25 year old from the Philippines with no ties to your home country and you are already living and working in another country, that in and of itself shows loose ties to your home country. Money in the bank isn't a tie that shows you will return, I can access my money from most any bank in the world.

You may have every intention of returning to the UAE after your trip but only you know that for sure. My personal feeling is that you tried and it was denied and it will likely be denied again.

If your situation is that you still want to meet your boyfriend (Please forgive me if I'm wrong about that) have him come to Dubai, US citizens don't need a visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No strong ties will automatically put you on denial. Work status is not a strong ties for them even you're earning that well. What they meant for strong ties is that you own a big assets that will prove that you can't handle to leave it just like that. Because even owning a land is not a strong ties for them still. Single and just working is a BIG RED FLAG for them.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think its clear that you are picking countries & excuses to attempt to gain entry into the USA. You are already outside your own country trying to gain entry another.

You were & will be denied simply because you have no ties to your country. They also believe you are adjusting the facts to create a truth that seems acceptable. That's exactly why the CO didn't waste anymore time on the case. The docs you had for example are worthless when seen in the right context.

Have your fiancé or B F meet you somewhere in the world . Not many have 30 days to live like that so you are lucky because you have that job to return to.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hi everyone! I need your advice on this one please. I'm 25, Filipina. I'm visiting my boyfriend on June this year on a tourist visa. We'll only do some sight seeing and meet his family. It will be our first time meeting each other. I'm entitled for a month long vacation at that time as per company rules. I'm currently working as a sales representative in Abu Dhabi for three years now. I don't have enough funds by that time maybe around 3000USD only so we decided that my boyfriend will be sponsoring the whole trip. He can provided the necessary documents needed.

First question, will the embassy get in touch with him with the documents?

I will have my own documents ready by that time too proving my ties here in UAE. What are our chances so our visa will be granted? Please help me. Thank you

Yet your profile says you are male applying for a Student visa and from Thailand.

If you confused the Consulate as much we may have a reason. Seems at least 3 stories.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

This member is not trustworthy.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

No strong ties to go back equals a denial.,.,.,.every time!

No mater what the country!

My buddy has a house and owns a real business and has money in the bank. Has been granted Tourist Visas to Australia and traveled to Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore many trips. He is like 30 from Philippines he got shot down for a Tourist Visa to USA.

This member is not trustworthy.

Good To Know.......

Filed: Timeline

I'm not sure when did owning a real estate become a "tie to a country", I see a lot of people mentioning it but it really doesn't make sense. Real estate can be sold, and there goes your "tie to the country".

Owning a business is a double-edged sword, in that respect it's better not to be self-employed but to have a contract with your employer, payroll statements, and vacation days clearly listed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.