aorich

Early walk-in biometric attempt

5 posts in this topic

My scheduled biometric appointment is on May 29th. Yesterday on the 15th, I attempted to have my fingerprint taken. So I did a walk-in at the local support office. They rejected me without much hesitation, first by saying they can't do it after 3:30 pm. It was 3:50pm at the time. Then they asked me why I wanna do it so early. I said: "well I thought it's also okay and possible to do a walk-in" Then I was told to only come at time as specified on the notice. FAILED ATTEMPT... Unfortunately I now have to wait another 2 weeks.

Edited by bamorichardson

Was worth the try, right? If our local office wasn't 2 hours away, I would've done the same thing.

Was worth the try, right? If our local office wasn't 2 hours away, I would've done the same thing.

Given the distance I live from the support center, I say it's not too bad for not succeeding in terms of efforts put into. I agree at least I was able to give a shot and I did.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

It was worth the try. They only said "no".

When I went before my scheduled date I went a little later in the day about 1pm. I wore my business casual clothes and shaved. Initially I was met with resistance. I explained I was in the area and was wondering since I was in area if I couldn't do a walk in to avoid talking another day off work. I was ready to suggest that he call his supervisor. After some delay his supervisor came out looked at our letter and I explained politely that I was in the area and it would save me from taking another day off work. (My business casual clothes and professional demeanor indicating how important my job is as opposed to shorts and flip flops and bad attitude/lazy attitude.) I tried to be as polite and professional with the people there as possible. I work with the public at times and I am aware of the reactions I have at the way people approach seeking favors. Sometimes I am incredulous at the gall of people seeking a favor and treating me like #######. While others are so kind.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.