dza

k1 pending and visitor visa (help)

95 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

hello vj
i am one of you here, unfortunately stuck in tsc and i neeeeeeed to be with my fiancee for a while to break the period of waiting
i am a February filler
i need you experiences and opinion about visitor visa
me and my fiancee willing to apply for visitor visa, i know it is not high for the approval, but we think it is worth to give it a try
i need truly to hear positive experiences about people took this visa while they are in progress for k1 visa
i need a light for that
i am working and i will have a hr letter that i am only in vacation and will return back home
do i truly have a chance to take it

i never been in us before, and i am Egyptian girl
waiting so much for your opinions and experiences if you have or heard about it
thanks so much for your time!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Egypt is considered one of the top on the end of fraud countries and you have a k1 in process so they will automatically see you are trying to immigrate . You can always give it a shot but most people on here will give you the hard truth and reality that there are just too many things against you for the chance of that happening . Good luck regardless .

Very slim chances with the tourist visa because you already show clear intent of immigrating with the fiance visa. A letter from your employer would be pointless since you obviously have plans to quit your job once you get your K1 visa. You are just giving yourself more headaches waiting for 2 visa decisions instead of one.

You just need to be with him right? Why not tell your fiance to come to you instead? Or meet in another country.

Edited by iammrsregie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No harm in trying but I agree a long shot.

Just wondered but is it OK for a single femal to travel? My guess is that this si something the Consulate will be wondering about.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Very slim chances with the tourist visa because you already show clear intent of immigrating with the fiance visa. A letter from your employer would be pointless since you obviously have plans to quit your job once you get your K1 visa. You are just giving yourself more headaches waiting for 2 visa decisions instead of one.

You just need to be with him right? Why not tell your fiancee to come to you instead? Or meet in another country.

i know and heard even from my attorney it is very slim chance, but i needed to hear someone succeeded with that

why he cant, cuz of his job , and i truly cant wait i feel so hurt and i want to be with him until i have my k1 visa

and with tsc it is a very long wait

No harm in trying but I agree a long shot.

Just wondered but is it OK for a single femal to travel? My guess is that this si something the Consulate will be wondering about.

i think the consulate can see if i am honest or not about me coming back, my fiancee payed for the attorney for my k1 visa more than 2000 dollars of course we will wait the legal thing , i needed truly to hear that there is a chance and some people had this visa

Timeline

Egypt is considered one of the top on the end of fraud countries and you have a k1 in process so they will automatically see you are trying to immigrate . You can always give it a shot but most people on here will give you the hard truth and reality that there are just too many things against you for the chance of that happening . Good luck regardless .

thank you, i am truly so hurt because i need to be with him

but of course legally if i want that from the beginning i would not start the k1 visa

and i hope to hear here some positive experiences about it

i know and heard even from my attorney it is very slim chance, but i needed to hear someone succeeded with that

why he cant, cuz of his job , and i truly cant wait i feel so hurt and i want to be with him until i have my k1 visa

and with tsc it is a very long wait

i think the consulate can see if i am honest or not about me coming back, my fiancee payed for the attorney for my k1 visa more than 2000 dollars of course we will wait the legal thing , i needed truly to hear that there is a chance and some people had this visa

I know that you just want to feel like you have a chance getting a tourist visa and I truly understand how hard it is to be away from your fiance. Remember though that you are applying for a tourist visa on your own merits. So the success of others really doesn't matter since its a case to case basis.

You need to stay strong and keep yourself busy. If we were able to do it, so can you. Spend time with your family and friends, focus on work, anything to keep you distracted. That said, there's no harm trying for a tourist visa. You've got nothing to lose. I really wish it works out for you.

Timeline

To directly answer the question I have seen people post who obtained a visitor visa after the start of the immigrant visa process.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Tourist Visas forum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

To directly answer the question I have seen people post who obtained a visitor visa after the start of the immigrant visa process.

my question please is, did they succeed

i need a hope with that

my question please is, did they succeed

i need a hope with that

Yes.

Boiler said they obtained a visa, which means they were approved for it. But there is no way to know how many others did not succeed.

If you two have the money, try for a visitor visa. Provided you are honest, submit documents that satisfy the visa officer you will visit your fiance and return to await the K-1 decision in Egypt, you have a chance.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Timeline

Yes.

Boiler said they obtained a visa, which means they were approved for it. But there is no way to know how many others did not succeed.

If you two have the money, try for a visitor visa. Provided you are honest, submit documents that satisfy the visa officer you will visit your fiance and return to await the K-1 decision in Egypt, you have a chance.

thank you so much kiran

yes the money is not our problem at all

and totally i will talk honestly, but i dont have money in bank

we were thinking for him to be my sponsor is that a problem ?

and about the document i have my noa1 and even pill for the attorney expenses, i can even show them emails anything they need

and another question how long can i stay there

can i stay for 2 month? or more?

Tourist visa applications ask for purpose of visit, intended duration of visit, and how you would pay for that visit.

No one can tell you, all that's between you and your fiance; just answer honestly and let the embassy decide.

Does Egyptian culture permit an unmarried female to travel alone?

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

thank you so much kiran

yes the money is not our problem at all

and totally i will talk honestly, but i dont have money in bank

we were thinking for him to be my sponsor is that a problem ?

and about the document i have my noa1 and even pill for the attorney expenses, i can even show them emails anything they need

and another question how long can i stay there

can i stay for 2 month? or more?

there is no sponsorship for a tourist visa. Once again, you must apply and be approved on YOUR OWN merits. No one is going to tell you it will be easy, because it isn't. Unless you have very strong ties to your country you have about zero chance. That's the truth, even if you don't want to hear it.

Timeline

What do you do, how much vacation do you get?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.