8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm currently filing for AOS for my K-1 spouse. We will be bringing her daughter to the US within the 1 year time limit but have yet started on the daughters visa process. My question is, since I'm already filing for my wife's AOS, do I include her daughter in it, or do I have to do a separate AOS for her daughter once she's here? Also if I do include her daughter in the AOS, will the fee still be the $1070 or will it be double that?

Thanks in advance.

Just found out my NOA2 approved Oct 25, 2013 is still good. Was automatically extended by the embassy until one year of the last date of notification which is Dec 3, 2013. It's a race now.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Here is some info on the AOS fee schedule, it is age dependent: http://www.uscis.gov/i-485

The K2 AOS tips Guide has some useful info: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k2-visa-adjustment-of-status-tips

Check out the pinned thread at the top of this forum page: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/287035-calling-all-k-2-aosers-past-and-present/

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Thank you ^^

Just found out my NOA2 approved Oct 25, 2013 is still good. Was automatically extended by the embassy until one year of the last date of notification which is Dec 3, 2013. It's a race now.

No, you do not include her daughter. she will need to file one separately when she arrives in the U.S. The fee will only be for your wife. Then a separate fee for your step-daughter. Pitaya posted a link where you can see the fees based on the child's age.

Jan 25, 2014: I-129F Sent

Feb 13, 2014: NOA1

Apr 15,2014: NOA2 Notice Via USCIS Web Site

Apr 22, 2014: NOA2 Received In Postal Mail

Apr 28: 2014: NVC Received

Apr 30: 2014: NVC Left

May 09, 2014: Embassy Received

Jul 08, 2014: Interview - Approved - CEAC Status Ready

Jul 14 2014: CEAC updated but still READY Status

Jul 16 2014: CEAC Status changed to Administrative Processing

Jul 22 2014: CEAC Status changed to Issued

Jul 28 2014: VISA received

Aug 06 2014: U.S. Arrival (Ft. Lauderdale POE)

Children (3 kids)

Apr 28 2015: Filed I130 petition for each child

Aug 21 2015: Notice from USCIS that all 3 petitions transferred to California Service Center

Sep 17 2015: Approval for all 3 petitions

Nov 12 2015: Paid one AOS fee for all 3 children

Nov 13 2015: Paid separate IV fees for all 3 children

Dec 04 2015: Filed Affidavit of Support (I864) for each child

Jan 12 2016: Received RFE for missing birth certificate from one of the kids packet

Jan 13 2016: Sent in RFE evidence ( birth certificate copy .... again O_o )

Jan 19 2016: Received notice that they received the RFE evidence

Feb 22 2016: Called and found out another RFE was being sent out about birth certificate

Feb 24 2016: Sent in (inextensa versions, not de acta versions) of birth certificates for all children

Mar 02 2016: Received notice that they received the RFE evidence

Mar 11 2016: NVC Process finished, now awaiting interview time slot to be scheduled

Mar 29 2016: Called NVC and found out today they scheduled interview

Apr 01 2016: Received Packet 4 notice via e-mail with interview date

Apr 25 2016: Children received P4 letters in the mail

May 19 2016: Interview

Jun 03 2016: Received Visas

Jul 06 2016: Travel to US

Also, I do not know when your 1 year time period is up, but I hope you filed immediately after you married. The AOS process takes some time and it could easily go past the 1 year time period, whereas then you would need to file an I130 - petition to bring over a family member - alien relative. Just FYI.

Jan 25, 2014: I-129F Sent

Feb 13, 2014: NOA1

Apr 15,2014: NOA2 Notice Via USCIS Web Site

Apr 22, 2014: NOA2 Received In Postal Mail

Apr 28: 2014: NVC Received

Apr 30: 2014: NVC Left

May 09, 2014: Embassy Received

Jul 08, 2014: Interview - Approved - CEAC Status Ready

Jul 14 2014: CEAC updated but still READY Status

Jul 16 2014: CEAC Status changed to Administrative Processing

Jul 22 2014: CEAC Status changed to Issued

Jul 28 2014: VISA received

Aug 06 2014: U.S. Arrival (Ft. Lauderdale POE)

Children (3 kids)

Apr 28 2015: Filed I130 petition for each child

Aug 21 2015: Notice from USCIS that all 3 petitions transferred to California Service Center

Sep 17 2015: Approval for all 3 petitions

Nov 12 2015: Paid one AOS fee for all 3 children

Nov 13 2015: Paid separate IV fees for all 3 children

Dec 04 2015: Filed Affidavit of Support (I864) for each child

Jan 12 2016: Received RFE for missing birth certificate from one of the kids packet

Jan 13 2016: Sent in RFE evidence ( birth certificate copy .... again O_o )

Jan 19 2016: Received notice that they received the RFE evidence

Feb 22 2016: Called and found out another RFE was being sent out about birth certificate

Feb 24 2016: Sent in (inextensa versions, not de acta versions) of birth certificates for all children

Mar 02 2016: Received notice that they received the RFE evidence

Mar 11 2016: NVC Process finished, now awaiting interview time slot to be scheduled

Mar 29 2016: Called NVC and found out today they scheduled interview

Apr 01 2016: Received Packet 4 notice via e-mail with interview date

Apr 25 2016: Children received P4 letters in the mail

May 19 2016: Interview

Jun 03 2016: Received Visas

Jul 06 2016: Travel to US

Timeline

Quick question: She entered as K-1 Fiance and had her medical overseas with vaccinations and everything was ok. Do I have to submit her vaccination report, or is that already with uscis since she submitted the sealed envelop upon arrival in the US. It's still under 1 year of her arrival.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm currently filing for AOS for my K-1 spouse. We will be bringing her daughter to the US within the 1 year time limit but have yet started on the daughters visa process. My question is, since I'm already filing for my wife's AOS, do I include her daughter in it, or do I have to do a separate AOS for her daughter once she's here? Also if I do include her daughter in the AOS, will the fee still be the $1070 or will it be double that?

Thanks in advance.

Im currently in your position right now except for the fact that I been filed a AOS for my wife. The follow to join is what we are doing right now. Your 1 year is based on when your wife was issued her visa. Its not based on AOS or when she entered the usa. Look in her passport and on her visa it will tell you when her visa was "issued". That is the date you use for the 1 year follow to join.

As far as including your your step daughter on the AOS is only if your filing her within 6 months of filing your wife otherwise you have to do a separate form.

My wife was used her visa 6-13-14 so she has until that date of year 2015 to get her son a visa. When I filed the k-1 visa I put her son as a follow to join and you should have also. If you did it correctly when you go to this site https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx and put in your visa case number you should see two cases. One should say already "issued" and the other should say "ready". The one that says "ready" is your stepdaughter. Meaning a visa is ready and you can pay the visa fee and setup a interview date, then medical. You still need to do a ds-160 form to submit and a affidavit of support form and taxes from 2014. That's it and you get ready for interview. My wife is back in manila right now as I type this getting her son medical done. Kids get priority for the medical which is great. She has interview in 2 weeks. Not sure the age of your stepdaughter but she will need not to attend the cfo but she has to be registered and get her sticker after her visa is picked up.

If you have anymore questions pm me and ill be happy to answer them...Im just a little ahead of what your going to be doing soon so ill be happy to help cause we did the follow to join.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: I just wanted to let you know that my wife's son who is 6 yrs old got approved without a problem. Very easy process she tells me and the great thing is that the kids have priority and they want to get them in and out asap. All they ask for my wife was a update affidavit of support and 2014 taxes. I also sent her a certified copy of our marriage certificate and they took that as well. They ask her son about 5 basic questions just to make sure the child knows whats going on and if they are excited about the change. They do ask the child if they know the father/stepfather if you are not present there. Her interview time was 7:30am and she was done by 8:45am. Hope this helps..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.