Russ&Caro

Colombia - are you waiting for scheduling of interview in Bogota?

261 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello fellow Colombianos y esposas!

I have tried to be patient since my case completed date, 30 days ago, in waiting for the scheduling of my wife's visa appointment but I'm starting to wear down and I'm out of ideas. I am creating this thread as a catch all for information regarding our collective efforts to get scheduled interviews. From dwheels' online spreadsheet, this appears to be the list of those of us who are waiting along with our cc dates:

04/14/2015 Sanama

04/09/2015 lopezgallo

04/08/2015 lilygirl1129

04/03/2015 vane28

03/31/2015 Russ&Caro

03/26/2015 yc146

I have called twice, once about a week ago and then on this last Monday. I got the same spiel, both times, that they are waiting for spots to open up to slot those in the queue according to priority date. This last call I talked to "Waldo" who is reported to be one of the better and more useful customer reps. When I told him my case was approaching 30 days he seemed to think that wasn't all that long to wait. But dwheels sheet seems to differ with him on that. In 2014 and the first 3 months of 2015, the longest anyone from Colombia had to wait for the scheduling of their interview is 21 days, and most were processed between 7 and 10 days.

All scheduling of Bogota interviews seems to be at a standstill. Since 4/16, two rounds of scheduling have occured with India, UK and Philippines embassies. Many other countries have had at least one round of scheduling. Colombia does not stand alone in no interviews but considering their previous "good" track record, this long wait for Colombia applicants seems out of character.

Please, if you call or hear anything can you relate your experience here. I'm not able to make daily calls due to work but I would appreciate any info that any of you gather in our quest to complete our visa application processes.

Thanks,

Russ

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I called yesterday and was told the same that no interview was schedule. I wrote to the embassy in Bogota and have not heard from them. And i know that the embassy will be closed in friday.

Edited by yc146

Timeline

Hi guys,

Great to see this forum.

I just got my CC (today :dancing::dancing: ), and I will start the long wait for an interview, so I am happy I have people to wait with.

I was wondering if you guys went ahead and scheduled your medicals or are waiting for an interview date.

Thanks

Timeline

I called yesterday and was told the same that no interview was schedule. I wrote to the embassy in Bogota and have not heard from them. And i know that the embassy will be closed in friday.

My wife also emailed the embassy last week and has received no reply.

Hi guys,

Great to see this forum.

I just got my CC (today :dancing::dancing: ), and I will start the long wait for an interview, so I am happy I have people to wait with.

I was wondering if you guys went ahead and scheduled your medicals or are waiting for an interview date.

Thanks

Congratulations! I am hoping that once they start a first round of scheduling that we'll all get swept in, those waiting weeks and those waiting days.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque

Timeline

We might not hear from them on the email but if we do I will

Keep you posted. I'm going to Colombia on the 20th of May so if we dont hear by then i might just go and see if i can find out anything but hopefully we already have our interview dates.

Timeline

Hi All,

I called today and received the same answer - no interview yet. I e-mailed the embassy and received the answer that they haven't received the cases, so I wrote again telling them that NVC told me the embassy haven't programmed the interviews. No answer yet. I think that if we write all to the embassy requesting the scheduling, maybe we can achieve something. It has been a long wait...

Timeline

Hi All,

I called today and received the same answer - no interview yet. I e-mailed the embassy and received the answer that they haven't received the cases, so I wrote again telling them that NVC told me the embassy haven't programmed the interviews. No answer yet. I think that if we write all to the embassy requesting the scheduling, maybe we can achieve something. It has been a long wait...

I wrote to them 2 days ago asking them the same. That if they were not send the dates or if something was going on but I have not received an email from them and that was 2 days ago. How long did it take them to reply back?

Timeline

Our priority date is Feb 2013, but only on April 17th, 2015 did we get all docs good at NVC. Long state side waiver process what can I say.

I hope we can get a date this summer so we can fly down there and get back before school starts for the kiddo.

Timeline

I wrote to them 2 days ago asking them the same. That if they were not send the dates or if something was going on but I have not received an email from them and that was 2 days ago. How long did it take them to reply back?

First time I wrote, I received the answer the same day. For the second time, thas was yesterday, no answer yet.

Timeline

Just got my interview today today so that means we all should be getting more ...call everone they didn't send my letter yet but the rep gave me my Interview date for 06/05/2015 good luck everone we are in luck they are working

Timeline

Just got my interview today today so that means we all should be getting more ...call everone they didn't send my letter yet but the rep gave me my Interview date for 06/05/2015 good luck everone we are in luck they are working

Great news!!!! I'm calling right now NVC to see if we have ours.

Timeline

Thank you to those who have informed us that they're now scheduling. Was in a long meeting and then lunch. Just got back. Calling now. It will be so nice if I hear of an interview date today. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.