5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I think some of you might find this useful! :)

I just saw this Passport Index site that rank passports by the number of countries you can visit without Visa,

and I thought I should post the linke here.

U.S and U.K are the two most powerful passports in the world, according to this site.

You will be able to visit 147 countries without a Visa if you are a U.S. or U.K. citizen.

Here is the site where you can check any country in the world.

http://www.passportindex.org/byRank.php

Unfortunately though, the site does not yet give a list of the countries that do not require Visa, .

I hope that will be listed in the future, but for now, it is for you to find out.

Edited by sunnylife

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think some of you might find this useful! :)

I just saw this Passport Index site that rank passports by the number of countries you can visit without Visa,

and I thought I should post the linke here.

U.S and U.K are the two most powerful passports in the world, according to this site.

You will be able to visit 147 countries without a Visa if you are a U.S. or U.K. citizen.

Here is the site where you can check any country in the world.

http://www.passportindex.org/byRank.php

Unfortunately though, the site does not yet give a list of the countries that do not require Visa, .

I hope that will be listed in the future, but for now, it is for you to find out.

That's the first article I've seen that puts the US in the top spot. I usually see the US listed as number two or three. The UK and Sweden are usually at the top and Canada is usually right ahead or right behind the US.

I've found this articke to be interesting: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-countries-with-the-most-powerful-passports-2014-6

It's got the US tied for 2nd and the UK, Finland, and Sweden tied for first.

I think the main difference is in how many countries are listed in the survey. The link you provided lists 147 for a UK passport, but the link above lists 173.

I think as a Swede, you won't feel a big difference when you start traveling on an American passport, but as an Egyptian, it makes a big difference; last time I was in Stockholm, I needed a visa. :-)

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

My Polish passport lets me travel to 137 countries according to this vs 147 of the US. Not a huge difference, but according to different sources, things are different. For example, this source is different than any of the posted

https://www.henleyglobal.com/files/download/hvri/HP%20Visa%20Restrictions%20Index%20141101.pdf

According to this, US is 174 while Poland is at 157. I will probably not see a difference, although the biggest difference is in favor of Poland regarding Brazil. US citizens need a visa while Polish don't. Strange and I'm not sure where it came from!

Of course, the biggest difference is that Polish citizens needs a tourist visa to the US while US citizens live unrestricted ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

how many countries are there in the world?

It depends on what definition you use. Some countries aren't fully independent; either forcibly occupied by other countries or semi-autonomous or partially administered by other countries.

The UN for example has 193 member countries and 13 countries or state entities with some form of partial membership. There are also some that are not represented at the UN at all. So the answer is probable between 190 and 210 depending on how you define the word country.

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.