8 posts in this topic

Hi VJ Members,

My father will be applying for a visit visa to US in a couple of months. Last year in May he applied for a visit visa and was denied because he could not show strong ties with the country of his residence.

This time around he should be able to show strong ties by showing the evidence of the property he owns and the bank balance. He did not have any bank account last year so we had to set up a new account and he has been maintaining the account for past few months.

My question is, does he have to show account balance for the past 3 months or 6 months?

Appreciate your help in advance.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is really no specified timeframe. Can he prove that he has legit source for the money (like he saved it from his income)? Coz the Us embassies are aware of show moneys.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

A bank account isn't a veyr good tie to home, because it would be easy to transfer the money to a US account, should he stay illegally.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi VJ Members,

My father will be applying for a visit visa to US in a couple of months. Last year in May he applied for a visit visa and was denied because he could not show strong ties with the country of his residence.

This time around he should be able to show strong ties by showing the evidence of the property he owns and the bank balance. He did not have any bank account last year so we had to set up a new account and he has been maintaining the account for past few months.

My question is, does he have to show account balance for the past 3 months or 6 months?

Appreciate your help in advance.

it doesn't matter. I gurantee you they won't even look at this accounts.

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014
I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014
I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014
I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014
I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014
I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014
I-129F: NOA 2 Text message/mail 4/6/2015

I-129F: NOA 2 Hardcopy 4/9/2015

I-129F: Sent to NVC 4/13/2015

There is really no specified timeframe. Can he prove that he has legit source for the money (like he saved it from his income)? Coz the Us embassies are aware of show moneys.

Thanks for your response. So what do you suggest then?

A bank account isn't a veyr good tie to home, because it would be easy to transfer the money to a US account, should he stay illegally.

Thanks for your response. He is going to show his property and bank account, he is semi-retired. Any advice is highly appreciated. :)

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for your response. So what do you suggest then?

There's no bit of paper anywhere that can guarantee he'll return home. He can take proofs of funds and property but it's quite likely they won't even be looked at.

All that can be suggested is the simplest thing, he goes to the interview and he answers the questions he is asked honestly and truthfully.

Then it's all up to if the interviewing officer believes him or not.

I would love to be able to say there's a sure way of guaranteeing a successful interview but there isn't.

If there was then it would make many members of this forum ecstatically happy to share it as the current system concerning tourist visas causes a lot of heartache to many people on here who miss their loved ones who're unable to visit.

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have had the same bank account for decades, I think they closed the Branch about 20? years ago, not that it matters as I do everything on line.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.