9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello everyone! I am a new member and this is my very first topic. Hopefully I’ll do fine J I got engaged to my fiancé in May 2014 and we applied for K1 visa right away in June 2014. It has been 10 months and the only answer we ever got back is that the case is on hold due to security checks. The normal time for that office is 5 months and my fiance and I are seriously beginning to get worried. But I do have an idea of why this might be happening and maybe I should have started with that. I was married once already. My former wife was also a foreigner from the same country as my current fiancé and she got a green card through me. Everything was pretty easy since she was already in the states when we met. Our marriage did not work out and officially we got divorced in March 2014, but have been separated since the summer of 2012. In the mean time I fell in love with a childhood friend (my fiancé) and I have been visiting her many times to be with her. After I realized she is the love of my life, I decided to propose to her and promised her that I will never leave her again until she is allowed to enter The United States with me. So I abandoned my home and since then (1 year), have been living with her in my native country. I know I should have divorced my ex-wife much earlier, but I had so many other problems and priorities at that time, that I guess I got carried away. I really regret that part of my past now, but whatever was done is over and my main concern now is how long it will take to bring my wife to the states, so we can get married. I know that security checks are standard, but this is taking much longer than anticipated and like I mentioned, we are seriously worried. Do you think that my previous marriage is the reason for this delay? How long do these security checks take? Is there anything thing that we can do or do we just wait? Please share your opinions, experience, knowledge, suggestions, even your judgments and criticism…I wont mind J Thank you in advance!

Need more information.

Filling in your time line would help with this.

Are you in administrative processing from the interview?

Or are you still waiting for your petition to be approved?

What service center are you at?

What's your finances local consulate?

Did you provide proof of domicile in the states?

You say you abandoned your home and are living with her in your native country...

This sounds fishy, what exactly is the situation here? Do you have a job in the states? A home for you both to go back to?

Do you earn enough?

Do you have a sponsor?

How long were you together before you filled?

Edited by Cody and Daisy

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Moved from Introducing Our Members forum to K1 Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 10 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hello everyone! I am a new member and this is my very first topic. Hopefully I’ll do fine J I got engaged to my fiancé in May 2014 and we applied for K1 visa right away in June 2014. It has been 10 months and the only answer we ever got back is that the case is on hold due to security checks. The normal time for that office is 5 months and my fiance and I are seriously beginning to get worried. But I do have an idea of why this might be happening and maybe I should have started with that. I was married once already. My former wife was also a foreigner from the same country as my current fiancé and she got a green card through me. Everything was pretty easy since she was already in the states when we met. Our marriage did not work out and officially we got divorced in March 2014, but have been separated since the summer of 2012. In the mean time I fell in love with a childhood friend (my fiancé) and I have been visiting her many times to be with her. After I realized she is the love of my life, I decided to propose to her and promised her that I will never leave her again until she is allowed to enter The United States with me. So I abandoned my home and since then (1 year), have been living with her in my native country. I know I should have divorced my ex-wife much earlier, but I had so many other problems and priorities at that time, that I guess I got carried away. I really regret that part of my past now, but whatever was done is over and my main concern now is how long it will take to bring my wife to the states, so we can get married. I know that security checks are standard, but this is taking much longer than anticipated and like I mentioned, we are seriously worried. Do you think that my previous marriage is the reason for this delay? How long do these security checks take? Is there anything thing that we can do or do we just wait? Please share your opinions, experience, knowledge, suggestions, even your judgments and criticism…I wont mind J Thank you in advance!

Me and you have the same story I am on hold since november I do not know how long is going to take.

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Me and you have the same story I am on hold since november I do not know how long is going to take.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your RFE for?

Timeline

MY RFE was for divorce degree and letter how we met. I sent them back since november now I am on security checks

Hmmm I guess I am on security checks the whole time. It seems like it should be fairly simple but I guess not though. Even if i am having a Nigerian field investigation, I wouldn't think that it would take this long to drive from Lagos to Benin City, camp out a few days, go to the court house, etc. I am just like wow.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hmmm I guess I am on security checks the whole time. It seems like it should be fairly simple but I guess not though. Even if i am having a Nigerian field investigation, I wouldn't think that it would take this long to drive from Lagos to Benin City, camp out a few days, go to the court house, etc. I am just like wow.

When did you send your application? I am clear I do not know why they have to do a security checks. I have an appointment on tuesday in the immigration I can have more details.

Timeline

Oct 26 Noa 1. Well this is my second time, same bene. for the most part my name checks should be fairly easy to clear. His name may pop up a couple people but the photos and fingerprints should be easy to reconcile. Facebook posts ranting sometimes, puppy videos sometimes, cats antagonizing puppys sometimes, Bible verses sometimes, me and fiance arguing on instant message sometimes. pretty routine stuff. Never had instagram. only had twitter to see what my nephew was posting about at college. pretty boring, benign job that no one cares about. Not much international travel history. pretty boring life for the most part. So I have no clue what is taking so long.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.