47 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading VJ forever but didn't register, I thought I would register after my hubbys interview to post time line and procedure. My hubby had his visa interview today and I don't know what to think of it. They only asked him a few questions, my hubby has traveled to Iran and I knew that would come up as question and the CO did ask about travel anywhere else and my hubby honestly answered that he has visited Iran for a pilgrimage in 2007. The CO said to him that everything in our case looks good but he would be under administrative processing. They did keep his passport but he did not get any slip, he didn't get any slip at all which may hint that everything is good. I was not really not hoping an AP for my hubby because his case and name was simple, nothing that would ring an issue. I'm not sure, does it sound like a short process from the fact that they did not an issue any slip at all? CEAC reads AP right now but he literally finished his interview about an hour ago. I'm staying positive and thinking it shouldn't be long at all, but please let me know if anyone here has had a similar experience. I read in ISL reviews testimony from a lot of males that they were approved right at the end of interview, all from 2015 interviews at the Islamabad embassy.

I would really appreciate any input on this issue.

Thank you

Timeline

My hubby is a gigantic .... I don't know what to call him. The CO asked him if this was a fiance visa and he said "I think so", our visa is IR1 which would be a CR1 by now. I don't know what to do now, the CO may be thinking against our relationship.

My hubby is a gigantic .... I don't know what to call him. The CO asked him if this was a fiance visa and he said "I think so", our visa is IR1 which would be a CR1 by now. I don't know what to do now, the CO may be thinking against our relationship.

your husband might be confuse on the type of visa but he should know if you are his wife or fiancé

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Timeline

I don't even know how to tell him what he is right now because seriously .... it seems like he was sleep interviewing. Ughhhh .... The CO did refer to me as his wife the entire time and my hubby also replied saying that I'm his wife but when the CO asked .... is this a fiance visa, he said I think so. What do you think this could result in?

Timeline

Why would the CO even ask that question? He could've been easily confused only because the CO asked him this. I sent in only 500 pages of marital relationship and proof. I don't know what's wrong with him honestly, I did everything I could to prove a proper marriage which it was and I feel he completely blew it.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

In my opinion they just check the confidence and proper documents so if your documents are seen accurate and complete than he will be got the visa and no need to worry for admin processing. Good Luck

FB-3 Visa
I-130 NOA1 : 2003-10-04
I-130 Approved : 2011-03-22
NVC Received : 2014-01-29
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-01-29
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-05-13
Submit DS-261 : 2014-05-19
Receive IV Bill : 2014-01-29
Pay IV Bill : 2014-05-11
Send IV Package : 2014-10-09
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2015-01-02
Case Completed at NVC : 2014-12-09
Packet 4 Received : 2015-01-02
Interview Date : 2015-02-25

VISA ISSUED : 2015-02-26

Green Card Fee (USCIS ElIS) : 2015-03-08

Entry US 2015-06-06

Social Security Card 2015-06-09

Green Card 2015-07-06

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well i would say this seems non mature reply i can understand your hubby can get confuse about K1 and K3 visa difference but the word Fiance and Husband has a huge difference at my point of view its seems your husband was not ready for his interview or he was not sure what type of visa your applied for him or he was not sure your are his wife or fiance. lol

Apart of AP that will be clear but this can be a RED FLAG in CO mind. sorry ......

But still GOD is GREAT we hope he will get the visa soon :) good Luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

He should be able to get his passport back.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

It doesn't matter if he gets his passport back, I just want to know what could happen. I just do not understand why he would be asked that questions and wht the heck my hubby was thinking. My hubby knew this was a spouse visa, the letter and every paper says it and he was calling me his wife throughout the interview. I am hoping that he gets it because I do not think it is hard for any CO to give a denial, 221g or aby other slip. Keeping my fingers crossed, I know he was nervous so I am not gonna give him a hard time over this but I am FREAKING OUT

Timeline

I worked so so hard and he took a well organized binder with over 200 pages of different documents and evidence. The CO did not ask for much at all, the marriage certificate was collected at a separate counter and the CO asked abt a location in our honeymoon pic and gave back all pics sent to NVC. The CO did not ask for ANY evidence or documents or even pics.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like you have moved into AP now, which is normal.

Sounds like you have moved into AP now, which is normal.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Now you cannot do anything........ thing is done getting nervous is human nature so just relax and chill think positive and wait for the AP....

2 types of AP is there one is clerk process and second background checks ..... in a week or 10 you will be know so wait and see

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I worked so so hard and he took a well organized binder with over 200 pages of different documents and evidence. The CO did not ask for much at all, the marriage certificate was collected at a separate counter and the CO asked abt a location in our honeymoon pic and gave back all pics sent to NVC. The CO did not ask for ANY evidence or documents or even pics.

For some even with a perfect petition package the end result is can the immigrant convince the CO they have a bonafide relationship. Sometimes US petitioners put such a pretty package together and the person who is standing before them doesn;t fit what they perceive . So they ask questions not trick ones but to see if the immigrant even has a clue what is happening. Because they should and speak with confidence.

AP is a normal happening for Islamabad. They kept his passport that is good and asked f=you for nohting. Now the hard part is the wait and see. I am sure the supervisor is reviewing CO's notes. Hopefully you will get a short AP.

Don't call husband names. Now is not the time to lose hope and faith in each other. I would say most of us would be shaken also with this kind of pressure we are all behind the scences.

Just be confident that it will work in your favor.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.