4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
Hello, I am trying to get my permanent residency and my father in law is my sponsor; he gave me his 1040 2014 form which he filled jointly with his wife and my lawyer is asking me to show proof of his income; on the 1040 it says aprox $48,000; I also have sources of income from Fidelity trust of $28,000 and social security benefits, form 1099 of aprox $21,000 that are only in his name.

How else can I prove his income is enough? The lawyer says he can't pinpoint of the 1040 my father in law's income.

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I think the lawyer needs to explain what he needs. From above, the proof is the 1099 from Fidelity, and you can include the Social Security receipts. Basically the documents used to create the 1040.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

What visa are you adjusting from?

He needs to provide a complete copy of his tax return with all forms, attachments, schedules, W-2s and/or 1099s. Proof of his income can be letter from employer, recent pay stubs, benefits letters, or 6-12 months of bank statements showing income deposits. If he receives non-taxable income, then include the last 12 months of bank statements and perhaps highlight those income deposits along with 1099s and/or benefits letters that list the total of his non=taxable income amounts. Provide whatever types of proof pertain to his income situation.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi, I'm sorry I didn't respond for so long, I was hoping my lawyer will get this done by now but now he doesn't answer.

I am filling from F-1 visa.

I have all that, but now, since my father in law filled jointly with his wife, I don't know what his individual income is and what his household income is since he filled jointly with his wife.

They don't separate incomes on that form 1040 they filled so I don't know what to put in those boxes where the individual and household income is required to be filled.

I will mention that my father's in law individual income is enough to sponsor me.

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.