lileepad

J1 Social Security to put on K1 form?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all,

Does anyone know whether I need to put in my SSN that I obtained while I was on my J1 visa on the K1 petition form that my fiancé is filling out?

I probably should include it if I have one right even though it is expired so it shows on their system that I was in the USA on my J1 when my fiancé and I met?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

An SSN is for life. It never expires. When you go to the SSA later after you are in the US again on the K-1 visa to update your status/change to married name, you will still have the same number. So yes, list the SSN for you wherever it asks on forms. You have one.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

An SSN is for life. It never expires. When you go to the SSA later after you are in the US again on the K-1 visa to update your status/change to married name, you will still have the same number. So yes, list the SSN for you wherever it asks on forms. You have one.

Awesome, thanks so much for your help over the past few days! :)

Timeline

You are welcome :)

One more question! :)

This is regarding G-325A on where it asks for my last addresses. In New Zealand, we don't have states or provinces... is it ok to leave it blank?

I was going to put Auckland as City and then Auckland as the province or state again but Im not sure whether to leave it blank or write auckland again?

Timeline

If your address doesn't have a province or state, then leave that blank and just put your city and country.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

If your address doesn't have a province or state, then leave that blank and just put your city and country.

Thank you! One more, sorry to be a pain lol!

The part where it asks for address of employer. Do we put in where mine or his office is OR the actual head office of the employer? (like for example, his company has several offices around the country - is it the one he is stationed at OR the actual employers head office address?)

Timeline

Just put the one where you are actually employed. It doesn't even have to be the entire address. You can just put city and state, or city and country for those too. The G-325A is just to gather general, basic biographical data about you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.