paro

do we need police certificate only from passport office in Indiaor Disctrict superintendent office as well

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi people.

NVC requested police certificate from passport office. I wanted to know if we need 2 police certificate 1 from local passport office in India and 2nd from District Superintendent. Please help. I am very stressed out. !!!!!!

Timeline

hi people.

NVC requested police certificate from passport office. I wanted to know if we need 2 police certificate 1 from local passport office in India and 2nd from District Superintendent. Please help. I am very stressed out. !!!!!!

Hello,

Yes you will require a PCC from Regional passport office( passport seva kendra) and from local police considering you reside in India.

Timeline

Hello,

Yes you will require a PCC from Regional passport office( passport seva kendra) and from local police considering you reside in India.

Thank you so much for prompt response. let me please clarify , so my husband just need to get PCC from passport office and clearance from local police station.? Thanks

hi people.

Not sure who told you about the Distt Supt. Try not to be confused by too many voices.

Scroll down to.. Police Records

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/IN.html

Edited by Kiran n Suds

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Timeline

Not sure who told you about the Distt Supt. Try not to listen to too many voices.

Scroll down to.. Police Records

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/IN.html

my attorney did...

thanks a lot for your kind help

Timeline

yes.

He( attorney) might have meant the commissioner of police office that's where you have to fill in a form and submit supporting documents to get your address verified by local police and get a local police certificate.

Timeline

He( attorney) might have meant the commissioner of police office that's where you have to fill in a form and submit supporting documents to get your address verified by local police and get a local police certificate.

I will confirm with him what he really meant. He said the following documents are required by NVC: "your spouse's original police certificate form both

1) District Superintendent

2) Local passport office in India

And his original birth certificate

2 photos 2 by 2 inch white background

Actually this is our first time doing this process. So I am very confused. It took almost 8 months to get approval from TSC and now NVC is taking forever.

Timeline

I will confirm with him what he really meant. He said the following documents are required by NVC: "your spouse's original police certificate form both

Actually this is our first time doing this process. So I am very confused. It took almost 8 months to get approval from TSC and now NVC is taking forever. NVU

You need not submit the originals to NVC, xerox copies would do( that would be faster and cheaper, ask your spouse to scan and email in the documents once he gets them ), your spouse can carry the original documents to the interview.

Timeline

You need not submit the originals to NVC, xerox copies would do( that would be faster and cheaper, ask your spouse to scan and email in the documents once he gets them ), your spouse can carry the original documents to the interview.

I spoke to NVC operator and he told me the same thing. He said we don't need to submit the originals. photocopies are fine. But I don't get it, why does the attorney want to send the originals. I confirmed with him, and said your spouse will get back his originals after the interview. I am planning to send the photocopies. Thanks you. I really appreciate your help. and best of luck with your journey.

Timeline

I spoke to NVC operator and he told me the same thing. He said we don't need to submit the originals. photocopies are fine. But I don't get it, why does the attorney want to send the originals. I confirmed with him, and said your spouse will get back his originals after the interview. I am planning to send the photocopies. Thanks you. I really appreciate your help. and best of luck with your journey.

Yes the originals will be returned after the interview but why risk losing them by post or at NVC . No problem, Good Luck with your journey too :)

Timeline

Yes the originals will be returned after the interview but why risk losing them by post or at NVC . No problem, Good Luck with your journey too :)

I am also from New Jersey. and my case was processed at TSC... I hope your case doesn't take that long at TSC.

Timeline

oh I see you are already done ...hehehe

Sorry I didn't see your timeline

Timeline

I am also from New Jersey. and my case was processed at TSC... I hope your case doesn't take that long at TSC.

Good to know :) I know how nerve wrecking the process can get . By god grace we stayed strong ,will have my interview this month, hope he see us through and wishing the same for you guys too

Actually this is our first time doing this process. So I am very confused. It took almost 8 months to get approval from TSC and now NVC is taking forever.

The attorney meant copies of the original documents. I wouldn't risk any original (PCC, birth cert, etc) at NVC; a simple xerox copy is sufficient.

Your spouse would of course carry all original documents to the interview.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.