KMR&MHAH

Vaccinations Required, which ones?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I keep hearing people ask about vaccinations and needing to have all the required vaccinations in order to adjust status and receive LPR. Can someone enlighten me as to where I can find a list of the required vaccinations? I have no idea if the ones on our vaccinations sheet are complete.

Thanks!

I keep hearing people ask about vaccinations and needing to have all the required vaccinations in order to adjust status and receive LPR. Can someone enlighten me as to where I can find a list of the required vaccinations? I have no idea if the ones on our vaccinations sheet are complete.

Thanks!

You would have done all this prior to the k1 medical.

You should have been given a form DS-260 (I think that's the correct name) and at the bottom it'll either be checked completed or completed with possible waiver or not complete.

Do you have that?

Edited by Cody and Daisy

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Timeline

We have a copy of the vaccination record from the panel physician done before the visa was approved. It is marked as "vaccination history incomplete" and under that the "may be eligible for blanket waiver because vaccinations not medically appropriate" box is checked. There are 3 vaccines that are on the sheet marked as 'not routinely available'. Is this all fine?

We have a copy of the vaccination record from the panel physician done before the visa was approved. It is marked as "vaccination history incomplete" and under that the "may be eligible for blanket waiver because vaccinations not medically appropriate" box is checked. There are 3 vaccines that are on the sheet marked as 'not routinely available'. Is this all fine?

Yes that's all correct and complete.

I'm guessing you were around the same time as me a few months after maybe. So the flu shot was not needed because when you had yours it wasn't in season and you had chicken pox as a child and the others aren't age appropriate etc etc.

Basically as long as it says waiver box is checked just send a copy of the form with your AOS.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Here is the list of required vaccinations for AOS > http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

See this post for details about the DS-3025 and how it needs to be filled out in order to skip the civil surgeon. Just having it marked as blanket waiver is not all that is needed > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428381-i-693-report-of-medical-examination-and-vaccination-report/?p=6206232

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think it really depends on the doctor. They will check your records and tell you what else you need before signing the form. We went to the doctor last friday and he required me to get another MMR and flu shot. He said that 2 MMR is required. I had TDAP and MMR prior to coming here in the US.

Timeline

I think it really depends on the doctor. They will check your records and tell you what else you need before signing the form. We went to the doctor last friday and he required me to get another MMR and flu shot. He said that 2 MMR is required. I had TDAP and MMR prior to coming here in the US.

Only the first in a series is required.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Notes%20from%20Previous%20Engagements/2012/May%202012/civil-surgeonQA-11-13-12.pdf

The required vaccines are based on the applicant’s age at the time of the medical evaluation. An applicant only needs to receive a single dose of the age appropriate vaccine(s) that are not medically contraindicated and that have no valid documentation of previous immunization.. If a single dose of a vaccine is required and given, and the vaccine is one in which a series of doses is required to complete the series and the single dose given does not complete the series, then the 'insufficient interval' box should also be checked by the civil surgeon on Form I-693.

Perhaps the civil surgeon wanted you to get the next dose in the series if the time interval had been long enough since your last one, so they could mark it off on the I-693. Or perhaps they just wanted the extra money for the second dose.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Only the first in a series is required.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Notes%20from%20Previous%20Engagements/2012/May%202012/civil-surgeonQA-11-13-12.pdf

The required vaccines are based on the applicants age at the time of the medical evaluation. An applicant only needs to receive a single dose of the age appropriate vaccine(s) that are not medically contraindicated and that have no valid documentation of previous immunization.. If a single dose of a vaccine is required and given, and the vaccine is one in which a series of doses is required to complete the series and the single dose given does not complete the series, then the 'insufficient interval' box should also be checked by the civil surgeon on Form I-693.

Perhaps the civil surgeon wanted you to get the next dose in the series if the time interval had been long enough since your last one, so they could mark it off on the I-693. Or perhaps they just wanted the extra money for the second dose.

I had mine last september 2014 only. That's why we didn't expect that he would still require me to get another shot. We'll still comply though just so he can sign the paper cause we already spent usd 115 just for the check up.

Timeline

Thank you all. I guess we will just use what we have unless they tell us differently. My husband did not get varicella vaccination and I'm not sure if he had it in childhood. I'd have to ask him. But the panel physician in his home country put "not routinely available" on that one. I hope we don't get delayed over a chicken pox shot.

Thank you all. I guess we will just use what we have unless they tell us differently. My husband did not get varicella vaccination and I'm not sure if he had it in childhood. I'd have to ask him. But the panel physician in his home country put "not routinely available" on that one. I hope we don't get delayed over a chicken pox shot.

Varicella is a required vaccination for AOS. You either need to provide proof of either receiving the shot or history of having it in childhood.

I would recommend getting the varicella shot and seeing a civil surgeon to have your DS-3025 and proof of your varicella transcribed onto an I-693 form. If you send in only the DS-3025 you are risking an RFE, which will delay the process.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Timeline

You can send it and wait for an RFE and then go see a civil surgeon, or go get it before sending your AOS paperwork if you wish to avoid an RFE delay.

The DS-3025 needed to have varicella marked as Varicella History for having had chickenpox, or the date in which the varicella shot was given. Varicella is required for AOS, and 'not routinely available' means the vaccination was not given. If your medical was done within a year of filing for AOS, then another medical is not required. However, the vaccinations are.

Page 5 of the I-693 instructions> http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-693instr.pdf

Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit the vaccination record and page 1 of Form I-693.

Timeline

You can send it and wait for an RFE and then go see a civil surgeon, or go get it before sending your AOS paperwork if you wish to avoid an RFE delay.

The DS-3025 needed to have varicella marked as Varicella History for having had chickenpox, or the date in which the varicella shot was given. Varicella is required for AOS, and 'not routinely available' means the vaccination was not given. If your medical was done within a year of filing for AOS, then another medical is not required. However, the vaccinations are.

Page 5 of the I-693 instructions> http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-693instr.pdf

Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit the vaccination record and page 1 of Form I-693.

Thank you. Yes we already sent our I-485 stuff back in September and have still not gotten an RFE, or any other information for that matter. I just realized now, 6 months later that my husband did not get varicella and he needs it. We are working on finding a civil surgeon that will assist with this. The silly thing is that I am the one explaining the dang instructions to them all. They keep telling me that he needs the whole exam again, and I'm like, yo read your instructions. I am not your babysitter. We also only found 1 that is willing to use our insurance, which I have confirmed with our insurance company that they cover this at 100%, but so many of these civil surgeons refuse to submit the claim. They are all driving me bananas. But yeah we are working on getting this done before USCIS notices and gives us an RFE. I'm surprised they didn't tell us by now though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.