paulacarpente

Please help with RFE for i864

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me with this. I can't find the answer anywhere.

I filed I-130 and I-485 package in January. I received an RFE, request for initial evidence for I-485. It asks for the petitioner/sponsor's federal income tax return for the most recent year (which was already sent within all the other papers when I first filed them in January) and for the joint sponsor's too, among with more evidence of her income.

I put together all the papers and sent them. My surprise when I came back home that night and realised that I had left the tax return for my husband (petitioner) . I only sent the papers for the co-sponsor: a copy of the 3 most recent tax returns for the joint sponsor, 6 most recent paystubs and a letter from her employer. I tried to intercept the package via USPS so that they would return it to me but it didnt work and it has already been delivered.

What should I do now? Should I send the remaining papers?

I'm a little worried that this will really slow down the process, or even get it denied for imcomplete resonse.

Thanks you

Did you make copy of RFE letter? If yes, make another copy and include it with the tax your forgot to send in, you can make a cover letter telling them you forgot. Good luck.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I really doubt you'll get denied because of that. (But I know it's scary!) I had the same situation with the NVC. I couldn't intercept the package so I wrote them a letter apologizing for any inconvenience. I was very careful to make everything perfectly clear: what I was sending, where part it belonged to...etc...by including it in my cover letter and a table of contents. Here's the letter:

Nature of the Submission: Supporting Documents for Visa Application

Dear.......

Enclosed please find Supporting Documents (Step 5) that were supposed to be sent in with my husband’s, ********************, Form I-864 and financial evidence packet. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the misunderstanding and any confusion that this might have caused.

You will find all Original Documents that were required. Translations of Official Documents are signed and stamped by an Official Spanish-English translator whose name was provided by the American Consulate.

Any other information is available to the Department of Immigration if required for further interviews.

(Table of Contents)......

For now it has been accepted and the process has gone on. I do have to say that I sent it in as soon as possible, certified and as Urgent mail, so that they had everything more or less at the same time...

I hope this has helped! :) Suerte!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Thank you so much for the responses! It was really useful. I am getting everything ready and I will go to the post office today to send the package again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.