Qlink

I NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE

6 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Niger
Timeline

I have a pending petition done by mother who's a LPR with priority date of Decemeber 10, 2008. The petition was done with the help of my brother who's a citizen because my mother is not literate enough to do that herself.

Unfortunately, my brother does not understand the system well, he seems to have forgotten the whole process ever since the petition got approved. i.e the difference between F1 and F2b category.

Now, I have decided to follow up on the case since I'm the beneficiary and I have the copy of the approved I-130 and I-797 Notice of Action.

My question/worries now are;

1. Should I call NVC to know the case status, because I called my brother and asked him if he called NVC when he got the approval notification in 2010 and he said he did what was asked to do then and had never done anything since then.

2. Since my brother is not much familiar with the process and his e-mail address was used during the application, can I e-mail NVC quoting my Names, petitioner's name (my mother) and my case number, and ask them to contact me subsequently using my own e-mail address for all correspondence.

3. When am I suppose to hear from NVC, considering the fact that the cut- off date for F2b is now July 08, 2008 and my priority date is December 10, 2008.

Lastly, I would appreciate if someone could tell me the step by step procedures to achieve this long awaited dream of traveling to America.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have a pending petition done by mother who's a LPR with priority date of Decemeber 10, 2008. The petition was done with the help of my brother who's a citizen because my mother is not literate enough to do that herself.

Unfortunately, my brother does not understand the system well, he seems to have forgotten the whole process ever since the petition got approved. i.e the difference between F1 and F2b category.

Now, I have decided to follow up on the case since I'm the beneficiary and I have the copy of the approved I-130 and I-797 Notice of Action.

1. Should I call NVC to know the case status, because I called my brother and asked him if he called NVC when he got the approval notification in 2010 and he said he did what was asked to do then and had never done anything since then.

2. Since my brother is not much familiar with the process and his e-mail address was used during the application, can I e-mail NVC quoting my Names, petitioner's name (my mother) and my case number, and ask them to contact me subsequently using my own e-mail address for all correspondence.

3. When am I suppose to hear from NVC, considering the fact that the cut- off date for F2b is now July 08, 2008 and my priority date is December 10, 2008.

Lastly, I would appreciate if someone could tell me the step by step procedures to achieve this long awaited dream of traveling to America.

When you date becomes current you would follow the NVC process. Here is the wiki.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey Qlink,

Write to the NVC with the details (read how to contact NVC). Here's the link: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/contact/ask-nvc.html

They will reply and also provide you with your Invoice ID which you should save, to be used by you and your petitioner when NVC processes your case. You will need Invoice ID and case number to fill out DS-261, DS-260 forms and to pay the Affidavit of support (AOS) and Immigrant Visa (IV) fees, when your PD becomes current.

Your email will also be registered with NVC, so they will send the emails to both you and your mother/brother (petitioner & beneficiary, you are also referred to as primary applicant)

Your case is most probably with NVC and they will do the needful just as your PD become current, which I think is a few months away. In my son's case, his PD is July 2008 and I heard from NVC end of Feb 2015. So you should check the visa bulletins to keep track when your PD is about to be current. Writing to the NVC around that time yet again helps as they reply promptly, if your PD is going to be current.

Qlink, you should be on this forum where you will be in the company of all F2B applicants:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/504817-all-f2b-updates-in-this-thread/page-11

Edited by chubbs

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Niger
Timeline

Hey Qlink,

Write to the NVC with the details (read how to contact NVC). Here's the link: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/contact/ask-nvc.html

They will reply and also provide you with your Invoice ID which you should save, to be used by you and your petitioner when NVC processes your case. You will need Invoice ID and case number to fill out DS-261, DS-260 forms and to pay the Affidavit of support (AOS) and Immigrant Visa (IV) fees, when your PD becomes current.

Your email will also be registered with NVC, so they will send the emails to both you and your mother/brother (petitioner & beneficiary, you are also referred to as primary applicant)

Your case is most probably with NVC and they will do the needful just as your PD become current, which I think is a few months away. In my son's case, his PD is July 2008 and I heard from NVC end of Feb 2015. So you should check the visa bulletins to keep track when your PD is about to be current. Writing to the NVC around that time yet again helps as they reply promptly, if your PD is going to be current.

Qlink, you should be on this forum where you will be in the company of all F2B applicants:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/504817-all-f2b-updates-in-this-thread/page-11

Hi Chubbs,

I really don't know how to thank you enough for the information you provided to me, it's awesome. I have written to NVC as you suggested and awaits their reply. I will also be on the forum you suggested for all F2B applicants.

Once again, I say a big thank you for your help. Please I will be counting on you for further directives as you process your son's case.

Thanks,

Qlink

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Chubbs,

I really don't know how to thank you enough for the information you provided to me, it's awesome. I have written to NVC as you suggested and awaits their reply. I will also be on the forum you suggested for all F2B applicants.

Once again, I say a big thank you for your help. Please I will be counting on you for further directives as you process your son's case.

Thanks,

Qlink

Hi Qlink,

You are most welcome and please feel free to ask anything related to F2B and I will do my best to provide you with whatever info I have. Loads of luck and hope you join your loved ones at the earliest.