AR&CB

Interview Outcome At Abu Dhabi US Embassy 2/17/2015

12 posts in this topic

Today was my fiancee's interview at the US Embassy in Abu Dhabi at 8:00 AM this morning UAE time. As far as how long until her actual interview took place and when she submitted her DS-160 confirmation page and finger prints I'm not sure but she was home by 12:00 PM and called me with the results.

According to my fiancee her interview went very well. She was asked to submit copies of her birth certificate, police report, NBI, my I-134 w/supporting financial documents, my dads I-134 (joint sponsors) w/supporting documents, and a notarized copy of my divorce decree (they kept all). They didn't ask her for her to show any proof or evidence of our relationship, or evidence of our on-going relationship (no pictures, chat logs, receipts, etc). All they did was question her about our relationship; how and when we met, when did we meet in person, was I ever married, do I have any children, what was my previous job, etc.

She said overall the female consulate was very nice and the actual interview took place in a booth through a window which lasted about 10-15 minutes. She was never called into a back room to be interviewed like some other people were.

After the interview was over she was handed back her passport and told that everything looks good BUT she needed to go back to the embassy at 2:00 to submit her translation paper for her police report and her passport so they can process her visa. She forgot to get a translation for her police report so they wouldn't approve her visa.

She was handed a blue slip that said visa denied because she was missing documentation but checked on the paperwork was to return and bring both the translation for her police report and her passport, so after she got home and called me with the news she went and got the translation paper and returned back to the embassy around 2PM and submitted her passport and her translation paper. She was then handed a white paper saying "Thank you for submitting documents as requested during your previous interview. Your case will be reviewed by a consulate officer who will make the final determination on your case. Your passport may be picked up at 2:00 PM next Monday as indicated above. Please bring this form at the time of pickup."

When I go on the CEAC web page and do a Visa Status Check it says "Administrative Processing". Will she eventually be approved?

Again, according to my fiancee everything went very well all for her forgetting to bring the translation for her Abu Dhabi police report. The consulate told her the she needed it so when they look at in in the USA they can understand what it says....lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

They told her to return next Monday for her passport. It's likely they are going to approve it. The status will change soon. Congrats!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Status is shown as being in AP as they process her case. It should change when they approve it, and if her submitted documents were good, it seems her passport will contain a K-1 visa when she picks it up next week.

~ Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Reports -topic is case status ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Most Likely approved. What's NBI, if you don't mind me asking. Thanks.

NBI is National Bureau of Investigation in the Philippines. The NBI clearance is required paperwork from the Philippines if your are Filipino, as it's a full background check...

My status on the CEAC web site went from Administrative Process to READY today so hopefully come tomorrow it will say ISSUED... My fiancee was told to pick up her passport from the embassy on Monday at 2:00 PM....

Edited by AR&CB

NBI is National Bureau of Investigation in the Philippines. The NBI clearance is required paperwork from the Philippines if your are Filipino, as it's a full background check...

My status on the CEAC web site went from Administrative Process to READY today so hopefully come tomorrow it will say ISSUED... My fiancee was told to pick up her passport from the embassy on Monday at 2:00 PM....

Most likely she is approved,coz 2 pm sched is their releasing of visa for all the approved cases..

Most likely she is approved,coz 2 pm sched is their releasing of visa for all the approved cases..

Yes I agree that my fiancee will be approved because the consulate told her that everything looked good and her interview went well, and that she only needed to submit the translation for her police clearance so that when she arrives in the USA they can understand it. As mentioned earlier the only items checked on the blue slip handed to her after her interview was for the translation paper and her passport to submit when she returned back to the embassy so hopefully she's receives her visa next Monday when she picks up her passport...

Edited by AR&CB

My case status just changed from Administrative Processing to Issued on the CEAC status page therefore my fiancee and I have been approved!!!

Thank you all in here for your help, answers, and advice. GOD BLESS!!

Congratulations to you both... :)

Sept 2011- Met Online

May 16, 2014 - Wedding Date

USCIS

July 13, 2014 - I-130 NOA1 receipt (Nebraska Service Center)

July 30, 2014 - I-130 approved-NOA2 (17 days from NOA1)

NVC

Sep 03, 2014- Case # & IIN received

Nov 13, 2014- Case Complete (9/14/14 & 10/14/14 ; AOS & IV scan date )

EMBASSY

Dec 03, 2014 - Received P4 letter ( interview on Jan 29, 2015 )

Feb 03, 2015 - Visa on hand ( Thank You Lord )

My case status just changed from Administrative Processing to Issued on the CEAC status page therefore my fiancee and I have been approved!!!

Thank you all in here for your help, answers, and advice. GOD BLESS!!

Congratulations! I've been wondering how things went for you and I'm so glad for you that it has all worked out.

Citizenship  :dancing:

19-FEB-2020 - Oath Ceremony, Passport Application, Voter Registration - ALL DONE!!!:dancing::dancing::dancing:

03-FEB-2020 - Received Oath Ceremony Notice (19-FEB-2020)

29-JAN-2020 - Interview complete - APPROVED!!!:dancing:😁

20-DEC-2019 - Received Interview Notice (29-JAN-2020)

18-JUL-2019 - Biometrics Appointment

29-JUN-2019 - NOA Date

24-JUN-2019 - N-400 Submitted Online

ROC

23-OCT-2017 - I-751 Filed. (USPS Priority Mail)

23-OCT-2017 - Packet Delivered and signed for

27-OCT-2017 - NOA Date - Received 02-NOV-2017

2018               - Biometrics and Interviewed Waived

11-Jan-2019 - I-751 Approved

14-Jan-2019 - 10 YearGreen Card Received :dancing:

AOS

20-May-2015 - I-485 Filed, Filed I-765, I-131 at same time. (USPS Express Mail)

21-MAY-2015 - Packet Delivered and signed for

26-May-2015 - NOA Date

16-Jun-2015 - Biometrics Appointment

19-Jan-2016 - I-485 AOS Approval I-797 by mail

27-Jan-2016 - 2 Year Green Card Received :dancing:

EAD, AP

20-May-2015 - Filed I-765, I-131 with AOS I-485 (USPS Express Mail)

21-MAY-2015 - Packet Delivered and signed for

26-May-2015 - NOA Date

16-Jun-2015 - Biometrics Appointment

03-Aug-2015 - EAD & AP Approved

16-Aug-2015 - Card Mailed (online update)

19-AUG-2015 - Card Received

:thumbs:(L)(F):thumbs:

K-1

05-SEP-2014 - I-129F Petition Package Sent

11-SEP-2014 - NOA1 Email Received - Assigned to CSC

20-OCT-2014 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received

03-FEB-2015 - Interview - APPROVED

25-APR-2015 - POE Minneapolis

16-May-2015 - Married, Brooklyn Park, MN (L):rolleyes::D:dancing:

05-DEC-2015 - Son enters on K-2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.