69 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

I just got word through USCIS Moscow that Consular sections will once again be accepting I-130s.

The official word yet may not have spread just yet to all consulates, and embassies but by early next week things should be about back to where they were before.

USCIS offices will still be doing the checks required by this Walsh law that caused this whole mess. But the delay created by this isn't expected to be very long.

USCIS will still perform checks on all the pending I-130 applications that consular sections had recieved and will be returning them to the appropriate countries for the completion of processing.

:dance:

Yes sorry I did post similar news in other threads, but I wanted everyone to know the good news. :innocent:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this apply to all Embassies/Consulates or just those with USCIS immigration offices abroad ?

There are many embassies/consulates that DO NOT have a USCIS immigration office nearby, which is the more appropriate place to file an I-130 petition. It would be very important to be very specific about this kind of information

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline
Does this apply to all Embassies/Consulates or just those with USCIS immigration offices abroad ?

There are many embassies/consulates that DO NOT have a USCIS immigration office nearby, which is the more appropriate place to file an I-130 petition. It would be very important to be very specific about this kind of information

This applies to all countries. Not just ones with a USCIS office.

posted here: http://www.usembassy.ru/consular/consular....ecord_id=ivisas

Immigrant Visas

Embassy Moscow's Immigrant Visa Unit issues visas to Russian nationals seeking permanent residence in the United States, based on certain categories of family relationship with U. S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents, or offers of employment. A significant part of that workload involves orphans adopted by American citizens. U.S. citizens interested in adopting a child are encouraged to contact their State Department of Health and Human Services to locate an agency that specializes in international adoptions and/or the U.S. Department of State's Office of Children's Issues for further information.

Please note, that the U.S. Department of State decentralized immigrant visa processing as follows:

* The U.S. Embassy in Almaty, Kazakhstan now handles all Immigrant Visa cases for residents of Kazakhstan (including adoptive children), the Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan

* The U.S. Embassy in Tbilisi, Georgia now handles all Immigrant Visa cases for residents of Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia

* The U.S. Embassy in Moscow continues to handle all Immigrant Visa cases for residents of Turkmenistan

timelineAUG20.jpg

posted here: http://www.usembassy.ru/consular/consular....cord_id=ivspous

Where to Apply for K3/K4 Visa

For those married outside the United States, K3/K4 visas must be issued by a consular officer in the foreign state where the marriage was concluded. An alien spouse wed to a U.S. citizen in the United States should apply in his/her country of residence.

timelineAUG20.jpg

Oh my goodness. I hope that this news is really true. My husband and I were supposed to have the initial I-130 interview next Monday, but of course got a cancellation call on the cell phone and have been in limbo ever since.

I really hope things pick up where they left off and they start calling people back again. We were prostrate and afraid to make any move since I don't and can't trust anything that the USCIS and DOS come out with at the moment as they keep changing the rules.

Thanks for this bit of good news. Fingers crossed DCF really opens up again.

Oh my goodness. I hope that this news is really true. My husband and I were supposed to have the initial I-130 interview next Monday, but of course got a cancellation call on the cell phone and have been in limbo ever since.

I really hope things pick up where they left off and they start calling people back again. We were prostrate and afraid to make any move since I don't and can't trust anything that the USCIS and DOS come out with at the moment as they keep changing the rules.

Thanks for this bit of good news. Fingers crossed DCF really opens up again.

I'm with you on this one, my friend.

emblem_top2.gifusaflag.gif

Timeline:

01/31/07 - I-130 fedexed to California

02/01/07 - I-130 received by USCIS California

02/13/07 - received NOA1

04/10/07 - Petition approved (64 days)

04/17/07 - Received NOA2, petition on it's way to NVC

05/07/07 - Still nothing from NVC (those bums!)

----------

04/05/07 - Re-filed I-130 at Tokyo embassy with no problems! (didn't need to canx first petition)

04/12/07 - Petition at embassy is approved (7 days!)

04/16/07 - Received notice of approval from embassy, submitted interview request

04/17/07 - Received notice of interview, which will be May 7

05/07/07 - Had interview at embassy, visa approved!

05/08/07 - Passport with visa delivered!!!!

Dang, the Tokyo embassy is fast!

found on the website of the uscis in rome:

http://italy.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/default.asp

The Rome District Office has direct jurisdiction for USCIS immigration matters in the following locations:

Italy, Algeria, Andorra, France, Gibraltar, Holy See, Libya, Malta, Mauritania, Monaco, Morocco, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Tunisia, and Western Sahara.

http://italy.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/services/I-130.asp

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services at the U.S. Embassy in Rome accepts I-130 petitions by mail or in person from U.S. citizens who reside in our jurisdiction. U.S. citizens whose principal residence is not in our jurisdiction, and/or who have entered Italy temporarily as a visitor or on business, must file the petition with the appropriate U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service Center in the United States.

It all looks good...

of course London and Denmark haven't posted anything yet (I live in Denmark which is under the USCIS in London)

timelineAUG20.jpg

oooohhhhh

https://egov.immigration.gov/crisgwi/go?act...r.statecode=arm

The London Sub Office represents U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and has jurisdiction for immigration matters in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.

http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/i130filing.html

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services at the U.S. Embassy in London accepts I-130 or I-360 petitions from U.S. citizens who reside in our jurisdiction. U.S. citizens whose principal residence is not in our jurisdiction, and/or who have entered the United Kingdom as a temporary visitor/student/or with limited leave to enter and remain in the United Kingdom, must file the petition with the appropriate U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service Center in the United States.

it seems we file in London then

timelineAUG20.jpg

oooohhhhh

The London Sub Office represents U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and has jurisdiction for immigration matters in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services at the U.S. Embassy in London accepts I-130 or I-360 petitions from U.S. citizens who reside in our jurisdiction. U.S. citizens whose principal residence is not in our jurisdiction, and/or who have entered the United Kingdom as a temporary visitor/student/or with limited leave to enter and remain in the United Kingdom, must file the petition with the appropriate U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service Center in the United States.

So basically my understanding of this whole thing is that its not DCF as it used to be. Rather we must now apply at our main offices for instance Denmark=London Turkmenistan=Moscow etc.

Is that your understanding of that too?

there are however a lot of holes that I still see for instance It doesnt explicitly say that Moscow will take Ukrainian applicants or that Vienna will take Romanian for instance.

Yeah apparently it seems (theoretically speaking if I read that post right) that most anyone can send everything to Italy but somehow I just have my doubts that the gvmnt emloyees will be competent enough to process that many files from so many different countries.

oooohhhhh

So basically my understanding of this whole thing is that its not DCF as it used to be. Rather we must now apply at our main offices for instance Denmark=London Turkmenistan=Moscow etc.

there are however a lot of holes that I still see for instance It doesnt explicitly say that Moscow will take Ukrainian applicants or that Vienna will take Romanian for instance.

Yeah apparently it seems (theoretically speaking if I read that post right) that most anyone can send everything to Italy but somehow I just have my doubts that the gvmnt emloyees will be competent enough to process that many files from so many different countries.

Not sure were everyone is getting this info from. I have been told and I have read that DCF's are gone currently at all embassy's except those who already have USCIS posts and you have to qualify under their residence requirements. However, if you have filed a DCF and was approved prior to Jan 23rd, then they were foward to a USCIS post.

So if USC is living in Russia, then you can file DCF in Russia. I hope DCF are coming back, but have not read or heard anything about this including in the above threads?

11/10/06 - Married in Ukraine

11/14/06 - I-130 Petition filed and approved

12/08/06 - First interview - we cancelled - shot ourselves in the foot for this!!!!

01/23/07 - 2nd Interview was cancelled due to Adam Walsh Act

02/13/07 - Sonya recieved her 5 year B-2 Tourist Visa

02/21/07 - Sonya arrives in America

02/26/07 - We are told of new interview on 3/8, but she is in america

03/08/07 - Cancelled interview, Sonya is in America

04/16/07 - Fly back to Ukraine

04/25/07 - FINALLY!!!! LOL Interview and VISA approved!!!

04/27/07 - VISA delay due to Sonya's name misspelling - Embassy typo in database

05/02/07 - Called DOS Washington - name check cleared for Sonya - but

told us no VISA was approved for daughter

05/03/07 - Embassy says VISA printed 5/2, but we caught that they forgot VISA for daughter

and the courier entered wrong address to mail VISA - SO MANY TYPO's & MISTAKES :(

05/08/07 - VISA YEAH!!!! FINALLY!

05/23/07 - Back to America - Well almost - Airlines messed up and sent daughters ticket to Chicago

05/30/07 - They finally made it!!! :)

07/03/07 - Green cards recieved

07/06/07 - Applied for SS card at local office, DS-230 application lost

2/19/2010 - Everything is great!!! We now live in South Carolina - Sonya has applied for her citizenship!! She attends USC for her BSN. Her mother has made 3 trips to US.

oooohhhhh

Not sure were everyone is getting this info from. I have been told and I have read that DCF's are gone currently at all embassy's except those who already have USCIS posts and you have to qualify under their residence requirements. However, if you have filed a DCF and was approved prior to Jan 23rd, then they were foward to a USCIS post.

So if USC is living in Russia, then you can file DCF in Russia. I hope DCF are coming back, but have not read or heard anything about this including in the above threads?

I agree with John -- it doesn't sound like "DCF is back." It sounds like what we've already heard -- that paperwork is sent on to a USCIS office. For those of us "in the process," it sounds like things are still very much in the air.

:thumbs:

oooohhhhh

I agree with John -- it doesn't sound like "DCF is back." It sounds like what we've already heard -- that paperwork is sent on to a USCIS office. For those of us "in the process," it sounds like things are still very much in the air.

My understanding is that DCF, in its essence, IS coming back:

The "unofficial" official word I got when I spoke with someone at the USCIS office in Vienna yesterday is that DCF WILL be coming back, and soon, to ALL the consular posts that had it before, regardless of whether they have a local USCIS office. The only difference will be that the petitioner's name (not all the paperwork) will be sent from the consulate to USCIS to check for criminal records. So same-day I-130 approvals won't be back, but unless USCIS is very slow about the background checks the process should be reasonably rapid, depending on your consulate. She told me that there had been such a lot of complaints that the Department of State and USCIS had to reconsider. She stressed to me that this isn't 100% sure (she said 95% sure), but that that was what she'd been hearing and that they were just waiting for the official cable to go through. Your consulate should have new information within the week.

So, thank you! to everyone who wrote letters of complaint! (L)

9-12/2004 - met and fell in love in Bulgaria

2004 - 2006 - travel, travel, travel...

11/2006 - moved to Bulgaria

1/2007 - engaged

4/2007 - wedding

DCF for CR-1 Visa BEGINS:

5/16/2007 - I-130 filed at Sofia, Bulgaria embassy

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I hope thats true! I think the petitions in the Sydney office is meant to go to Bangkok...it would be soooo great if they provided thepetitioners name and not the whole paperwork to save time.

The Sydney Consulate is closed from 12th Feb - 23rd but I still hope they let us know by next week if that is the case!

The "unofficial" official word I got when I spoke with someone at the USCIS office in Vienna yesterday is that DCF WILL be coming back, and soon, to ALL the consular posts that had it before, regardless of whether they have a local USCIS office. The only difference will be that the petitioner's name (not all the paperwork) will be sent from the consulate to USCIS to check for criminal records. So same-day I-130 approvals won't be back, but unless USCIS is very slow about the background checks the process should be reasonably rapid, depending on your consulate. She told me that there had been such a lot of complaints that the Department of State and USCIS had to reconsider. She stressed to me that this isn't 100% sure (she said 95% sure), but that that was what she'd been hearing and that they were just waiting for the official cable to go through. Your consulate should have new information within the week.

Edited by Elle

I-130

09/06/06: Sent I-130 to VSC via MP - sig confirm, 09/08/06 Mail arrived @ VSC

09/11/06: NOA1

09/18/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

09/19/06: Touched

09/20/06: Touched

I-129F

09/23/06: Sent I-129F (new form) to Chi P.O Box via MP - certified mail w/ return receipt

09/25/06: Mail arrived @ Chi

09/27/06: NOA1

09/28/06: Touched (no status change) - check $

09/29/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

10/03/06: Touched

10/04/06: Touched

10/26/06: Touched - case transferred Chi to VSC

10/27/06: Touched

11/04/06: Touched - VSC received case on 11/3

11/07/06: Touched

11/08/06: Touched

11/09/06: Touched - case now pending 11/18

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm also at FBI

I hope thats true! I think the petitions in the Sydney office is meant to go to Bangkok...it would be soooo great if they provided thepetitioners name and not the whole paperwork to save time.

The Sydney Consulate is closed from 12th Feb - 23rd but I still hope they let us know by next week if that is the case!

I hope it's true too! BTW - Rep Zoe Lofgren is now the Chair of the House Sub-Committee on Immigration. She represents the San Jose, CA area. Her website says that she can only respond to mail from constituents (due to high volume) --- so if anyone out there has ties to San Jose, think about contacting Zoe!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.