Needhelp164

nightmare k1 marriage

104 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I completed the K1 process went to the foreign consulate with my k1 fiancée. She got the visa. I was very happy. Two weeks before she moved to the USA, she told me she had been raped two years ago and ended up having a kid. She suffers from a medical disorder where she loses concioussness, I have seen it. I was in a state of shock, but since I was in love and I guess not seeing straight from shock. I cried and decided to make it work. She moved to the USA and we got married in Vegas.

Keep in mind that while I did all the immigration paperwork for K1 I put down that she did not have a kid. Because I did not know. If would have know, and accepted it, of course I would have put down the kid and would make things easier in the future.

Well after being married for about a month she has the kid brought over illegally. She had a cousin/aunt use another kids birth certificate and that how he crossed. So I did not say anything, except accept it, trying to make the marriage work.

We did have some fights about her not telling earlier about the kid. But I tried to move forward.

Next thing, her brother is moving in with us. So he has been living with us for two months, and I always complained to her when is he going to get a job. Well she told me Saturday that he is applying for the Obama executive action, and is NOT going to get a job because he can't work with someone's social security. I was mad. So I told her I wanted him gone.

So when we got home, she was mad, he comes out. And tells me from now on I talk to him only about him. He actually threatened me and told me if I upset her again that I will get hurt, etc, etc, etc. At time it was only us three. So I was smart enough to not say much and try to be cool. I figured if the cops show and dumb ### who will be going to jail.

I am planning on getting a Domestic Violence Restraining order against him, which means she will either move, or make a false accusation against me. FYI: she is out of the 90 days and I have NOT petitioned for AOS.

I already started talking to a lawyer who deals with family law.

Any advice?

Timeline

I completed the K1 process went to the foreign consulate with my k1 fiancée. She got the visa. I was very happy. Two weeks before she moved to the USA, she told me she had been raped two years ago and ended up having a kid. She suffers from a medical disorder where she loses concioussness, I have seen it. I was in a state of shock, but since I was in love and I guess not seeing straight from shock. I cried and decided to make it work. She moved to the USA and we got married in Vegas.

Keep in mind that while I did all the immigration paperwork for K1 I put down that she did not have a kid. Because I did not know. If would have know, and accepted it, of course I would have put down the kid and would make things easier in the future.

Well after being married for about a month she has the kid brought over illegally. She had a cousin/aunt use another kids birth certificate and that how he crossed. So I did not say anything, except accept it, trying to make the marriage work.

We did have some fights about her not telling earlier about the kid. But I tried to move forward.

Next thing, her brother is moving in with us. So he has been living with us for two months, and I always complained to her when is he going to get a job. Well she told me Saturday that he is applying for the Obama executive action, and is NOT going to get a job because he can't work with someone's social security. I was mad. So I told her I wanted him gone.

So when we got home, she was mad, he comes out. And tells me from now on I talk to him only about him. He actually threatened me and told me if I upset her again that I will get hurt, etc, etc, etc. At time it was only us three. So I was smart enough to not say much and try to be cool. I figured if the cops show and dumb ### who will be going to jail.

I am planning on getting a Domestic Violence Restraining order against him, which means she will either move, or make a false accusation against me. FYI: she is out of the 90 days and I have NOT petitioned for AOS.

I already started talking to a lawyer who deals with family law.

Any advice?

she sounds pretty naco. Run!

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Only thing I can say is, thank your lucky star you found out before AOS. I guess you guys haven't been married all that long? Maybe you can get the marriage annulled rather than get a divorce. By getting it annulled, I guess that would also mean she didn't get married within 90 days and have to leave the country?

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Timeline

Sounds like she lied from the beginning and only told you the truth once she was sure she was moving to the US. Do consult with a lawyer and make sure to keep records of conversations etc. even if only written down.

You have no obligation to let someone live in your housr who treatens you, specially if he is not here legally. And if your wife believes otherwise than she might need to go as well. He is her family, but you are her husband and if she can't repect that than there is a problem. Do not file for AOS until you are sure that that is the way you want to go with the marriage, once you file lots of things can go wrong and she will be more protected.

Thanks Jose&Eli,

I HAVE NOT DONE AN AOS. If things don't go well for us she will probably self petition through WAVA.

Well if I get the courts involved against him, then she might leave. Which is something I have to accept. I tried to make it work, but one thing is being a nice guy and the other is being a fool.

I guess I am very confused now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

report them and run! I would type a letter get it notarized stating everything including your deceit from her in not revealing about the child. get the restraining order.

i would install nanny cameras or something in the house. sounds like you have some waco's in the house with you and you don't know what they are cabable of

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You can file for nullification of marriage based on fraud, as she falsified that she had a child. Also, you can report to ICE about brother and child. You can file motion to evict, and the police will come and remove wife, child, and brother.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits Forum~

~Similar topics are often discussed at this forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi, I am going to say this in the nicest way I can, at the end of the day all we on here can do is give you advice and it's up to you to choose to take it or not.

Not wanting to talk about something as horrific as rape is understandable but if you are trusting someone enough to marry them you should be able to open yourself to them and give yourself fully and know that they will be with you and hold your hand and support you through the tuff times.

This women (your wife) has lied to you from the very start she had hidden such serious things from you. A child! Her child! She has lied by not telling you she waited until the moment she had her visa in hand before she told you.

She then involved you in her fraudulent activities by now illegally bringing her son over (which I will tell you was the plan all along) she waited until you were fully committed before she exposed and involved you in to her illegal activities and now has her illegal brother living with you obviously this was planned also

Your wife now not only has you living in fear she has a role in making sure that you stay that way by discussing the argument she has with you with her brother probably so he could shut you up

You have NO obligation to the women she obviously has little respect for you and how you feel I am sorry but you need to get out of this situation you cannot live in a marriage built on lies fear and fraudulent activities

I wish you all the luck in the world sorry for your troubles and sorry if my words are hash it's only my opinion on your post

Again good luck!

Edited by SK2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Thanks Jose&Eli,

I HAVE NOT DONE AN AOS. If things don't go well for us she will probably self petition through WAVA.

Well if I get the courts involved against him, then she might leave. Which is something I have to accept. I tried to make it work, but one thing is being a nice guy and the other is being a fool.

I guess I am very confused now.

Good. Given the situation, don't file for AOS. She CAN NOT adjust status without your help, simply

because she needs "someone" to file the I-864 (Affadavit of Support) for her. Since you hopefully

won't, she's out of luck in the end.

So, the current situation is, that, yes, she is on K-1 status, and you have married. So, she can stay

as long as there is no decision on AoS - her "overstay" is paroled for now.

You have to start collecting evidence of the fraudulent actions so far... lying regarding her child (she

ALSO signed that paperwork, so, in effect, she lied to the U.S. Consular Officer during her interview),

bring her baby into your home illegally, and bringing in her brother illegally. Once you have proof of

this, I'd simply call it in. Right now, they LOVE getting a call regarding an illegal alien, so the brother

should be out before he knows what happened.

THEN, you might consider staying elsewhere for a while, to avoid VAWA claims. Try to get the

marriaga anulled based on fraud ("she has a child which she never mentioned, and which she has

now brought in illegally") and that should be enough.

ALSO, write a letter with all these facts, and send it to USCIS, including her A# and state clearly that

you wish yo abort the K-1 process, and will NOT be filing for AOS, or sign any kind of Affadavit for

her in the future. If possible, book an appointment with your local USCIS office and hand-deliver

them a copy of that letter.

This should pretty much take care of things.

Sorry this happened, but for now, focus on 'damage control' my friend!!

SEP-1994 First met! 12-16-14 POE PHILADELPHIA

05-25-14 Engaged (what took us so looooong!!!?) 12-19-14 MARRIAGE (SIMPLE)

06-19-14 I-129F packet sent to Lewisville Lockbox (USPS overnight) 01-05-15 I-485 (AOS/EAD/AP) package mailed out

06-20-14 USPS messed up, and had to re-route! 01-12-15 NOA text/email received for AOS/EAD/AP

06-23-14 I-129F packet received at Lockbox 02-03-15 Biometrics (Indianapolis)

06-23-14 NOA1 Notice Date (routed to CSC, yay!) 04-07-15 EAD and AP approved, card ordered

06-25-14 NOA1 text/email received 04-14-15 EAD/AP Combo Card received by certified mail.

06-26-14 Check Cashed 06-15-15 Received letter about interview waiver. 6mo to go!

06-27-14 Alien Registration Number changed 08-06-15 Welcome Notice mailed, permanent status registered.

06-30-14 NOA1 hardcopy received 08-14-15 Green Card mailed to me.

09-24-14 NOA2 text/email received *APPROVED* 08-18-15 Green Card (which is green!) in hand!!

09-28-14 NOA2 hardcopy received

10-15-14 NVC received 05-17-17 Time to start ROC !

10-16-14 NVC case number assigned

10-21-14 NVC left (to Amsterdam Consulate)

10-23-14 Consulate Received

10-25-14 PACKET-3 Received (regular mail)

10-25-14 Online DS-160 submitted **** I am the Beneficiary (Fred) ****

10-27-14 Sent reply to Consulate (arrives 10-28)

10-29-14 Touched *** If you have questions about the K-1 journey coming

11-01-14 PACKET-4 Received (regular mail) *** from The Netherlands, send me a message !

11-26-14 MEDICAL *PASSED*

12-04-14 INTERVIEW *APPROVED*

12-06-14 Touched (Administrative Processing)

12-08-14 Touched (Ready)

12-09-14 Touched (Issued)

12-10-14 Received email that package was sent off

12-11-14 VISA IN HAND

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Keeping a kid from your knowledge regardless of circumstances is a pretty big deal/lie, especially if bringing kid illegally. Since you put down on the K1 visa application she does not have a kid, I am sure the USCIS could consider that very concerning when you apply for AOS and all of a sudden she has a kid. If she is keeping a kid from your knowledge, what else is she hiding? Since you also know about the kid being brought over illegally, if the kid ends up living with you, then you are providing a home for an illegal child knowingly. All those things might add up to something the USCIS might not be too excited about, and not the Homeland Security either. You might want to consider rethinking the marriage and applying for AOS for her. However harsh it may sound, in the long rung your best scenario might be to divorce and not apply for AOS and also contact the USCIS and Homeland Security about this to ensure YOU do not run into any problems.

Tis a very sad situation OP. I already talked this over with my wife & we both say that a situation like this makes it acceptable to end the marriage, though annulment would be better. I say this because her character is questionable because of the way she's behaving. It is not OK to illegally bring people into America, especially when there are legal means to do so. Her son could've easily come over legally had she've just told you up front. Her brother also, granted much later in time. But she obviously neglected to tell you he was here illegally. I personally couldn't stay married to someone who is acting this way. You're supposed to trust your partner. She obviously doesn't trust you, since she's omitting all this stuff. Adversely, you must ask yourself if you can trust her? I think we both know the answer.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.