CharlieTanger

What are the chances? (TSC)

81 posts in this topic

Hello all!

Our K-1 Visa was officially documented by the TSC on January 12, 2015 and we recieved our hard-copy NOA1 on January 15, 2015.

I would like to be realistic with this whole process. If it helps to determine, my fiancé is from England (UK) no criminal records, etc. and everything is in good standing.

I would like to know my realistic chances of having our wedding this August? What about September? Or October at the latest?

I know the TSC tends to take the longest, but we agreed that any of those three months that I listed would be just fine for our wedding.

Does anyone have any input? I know we are all apart from our fiances for a while, but this forum will help me cope since we're all in this together! :)

TSC is slow. I would pick October or November if I were you. Actually, it could be longer. Its very hard to make plans when you are stuck with TSC.

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Our NOA1 was dated January 9th. My fiancé and I are also at TSC and I (the beneficiary) am from the U.K. also. I'm trying to stay hopeful that we may have our wedding this November but with this entire process anything can happen. Good luck to you, I am just trying to stay positive myself :)

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

August, I'd say no. September probably no. October maybe, with no rfes and no issues at nvc and embassy. I know ts hard, but please resist the urge to make any concrete plans, pay any down payments, etc.

It sucks.

Edited by April+Daniel

Our NOA1 was dated January 9th. My fiancé and I are also at TSC and I (the beneficiary) am from the U.K. also. I'm trying to stay hopeful that we may have our wedding this November but with this entire process anything can happen. Good luck to you, I am just trying to stay positive myself :)

According to your timeline it says the estimated time is between June through August 16th for you. That sounds fairly promising.

Who knows if the TSC will speed up in the coming months since its a new year?

Also, good luck to you as well! I don't understand why the estimated K-1 time is between 3-5 months if it'll take this long. It's insane to keep us apart from our partners for that long.

According to your timeline it says the estimated time is between June through August 16th for you. That sounds fairly promising.

Who knows if the TSC will speed up in the coming months since its a new year?

Also, good luck to you as well! I don't understand why the estimated K-1 time is between 3-5 months if it'll take this long. It's insane to keep us apart from our partners for that long.

My timeline says that but it's based on VJ member data, provided they input correctly which some don't plus not every K1 petitioner is on VJ. But yes I still look at it to make myself feel better. I do hope that we're approved sooner rather than later but like others have said it could be even later.

I try to keep myself occupied with our son and read as much as I can from this forum and others in order to be prepared for the next stages. It's a long process but it will be worth it in the end. Just remember that and try to prepare for the rest of the journey :)

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Do not make any fixed plans for your wedding until you have the visa in hands. You never know how long it might take.

K1 Visa
Feb. 29, 2012: I-129F sent
March 8, 2012: NOA1 (VSC)
August 30, 2012: NOA2
Oct. 1, 2012: Packet 3 received
Nov. 3, 2012: Packet 4 received
Nov. 15, 2012: Interview - approved!
Jan. 18, 2013: POE New York Seaport
Feb. 2, 2013: Wedding

AOS
March 6, 2013: AOS Package sent
March 12, 2013: I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA's
March 29, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

May 10, 2013: EAD/AP approved
Sept. 5, 2013: "Potential Interview Waiver Case" letter received
Nov. 2, 2013: AOS approved (no interview)

ROC
Aug. 4, 2015: I-751 sent
Aug. 6, 2015: NOA1 (CSC)
Sept. 4, 2015: Biometrics Appointment
Feb. 10, 2016: ROC approved

Dual Citizenship
Aug. 26, 2016: BBG application sent (permit to retain German citizenship)
Nov. 21, 2016: BBG approval notice received (p/u at German Honorary Consulate, OKC: Feb. 6, 2017)
Dec. 8, 2016: N-400 sent
Dec. 12, 2016: Priority Date (NBC)

Jan. 9, 2017: Biometrics Appointment

Aug. 31, 2017: In-Line for Interview

Sept. 6, 2017: Interview Scheduled

Oct. 16, 2017: Interview

Oct. 25, 2017: Oath Appointment Letter received

Nov. 1, 2017: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello all!

Our K-1 Visa was officially documented by the TSC on January 12, 2015 and we recieved our hard-copy NOA1 on January 15, 2015.

I would like to be realistic with this whole process. If it helps to determine, my fiancé is from England (UK) no criminal records, etc. and everything is in good standing.

I would like to know my realistic chances of having our wedding this August? What about September? Or October at the latest?

I know the TSC tends to take the longest, but we agreed that any of those three months that I listed would be just fine for our wedding.

Does anyone have any input? I know we are all apart from our fiances for a while, but this forum will help me cope since we're all in this together! :)

ZERO CHANCE.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello all!

Plan for 10 months for NOA2 (visa interview is usually 3 months following that) and be happy with 5 for NOA2.

I would like to know my realistic chances of having our wedding this August?

Not likely

What about September?

Possible

Or October at the latest?

A better bet.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We're not planning any specific dates yet. Ok, so then I'll stretch that. What are the chances of us getting married in 2015 then?

I don't understand why you can't just be flexible as opposed to stressing out about a specific date/time. Yes, it is possible that you can have your wedding in November, assuming the process will take 10 months. Unfortuantely, it could be longer because no one really knows how Obama's new amnesty initiative will slow down current applications. If you are deadset on marrying in 2015 go ahead and make plans, just don't be cross and complain about having to cancel or lose money if things at the TSC grind to a halt later this year.

Edited by msbau764

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Our NOA 2 was almost exactly 6.5 months from NOA1; but there are still many petitions from the same or nearly the same NOA1 as ours that haven't yet been decided. The three months estimate for post NOA2 is a good one, so it's not real likely that a wedding could happen in 8 or 9 months.

Baron555's advice to plan for 10 and be thrilled with 5 is sound.

Hope we're all pleasantly surprise right along with you!

I-751

NOA8/11/17

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I don't understand why you can't just be flexible as opposed to stressing out about a specific date/time. Yes, it is possible that you can have your wedding in November, assuming the process will take 10 months. Unfortuantely, it could be longer because no one really knows how Obama's new amnesty initiative will slow down current applications. If you are deadset on marrying in 2015 go ahead and make plans, just don't be cross and complain about having to cancel or lose money if things at the TSC grind to a halt later this year.

USCIS doesn't care about your plans - people have applied for expedites (financial hardship) because of potential loss of deposits and been denied.

I-751

NOA8/11/17

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Realistically, only people from the Philippines filing in January can likely schedule a wedding for August and expect to get the visa before that. Philippine cases are expedited, even at the TSC while other countries are much slower.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.