spectrrr

One final check before I head to DHL.....

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Ready to send in! Just looking for another pair of (fresh) eyes to look over the general list of packet contents and see if I'm missing anything obvious...

My cover letter, names/addresses removed:

Subject: I-130 petition for my spouse,.

Dear Sir/Madam:

My name is, I am a citizen of the United States. I am filing the included petition I-130 for my spouse,. I am petitioning for her to obtain a residency visa.

Enclosed are the following required and supporting documents for this petition:

1. Form G-1145, e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance.
  2. This Cover Letter
  3. Check in the amount of $420 for filing fee.
  4. Petition I-130 and 2 page continuation sheet.
  5. Copy of petitioner’s USA birth certificate
  6. Copy of beneficiary’s Venezuela birth certificate. Original in Spanish, followed by a certified English translation.
  7. Copy of our marriage certificate. Original in Spanish, followed by a certified English translation.
  8. Form G-325A for U.S. Citizen petitioner, and 1 page addendum.
  9. Passport-style color photo of the petitioner.
  10. Form G-325A for NON-U.S. Citizen spouse beneficiary, and 1 page addendum.
  11. Passport-style color photo of the beneficiary.
  12. Evidence of a bona fide relationship:
    1. A short summary of our story.
    2. Apartment rental contract in both our names. Original in Spanish, followed by a certified English translation.
    3. 24 Photographs from our wedding and the last 22 months together, labeled by date and occasion if relevant.

Please note carefully our address below, as we both live together in Venezuela. Please do not hesitate to contact me by phone, email, or at the address below. Phone is strongly preferred, due to the slow and intermittent nature of postal mail service here in Venezuela.

Thank you,

_____________________________ ______________

Date

POSTAL BOX MAILIING ADDRESS. Shortened address, formatted for a limited size 4x32 address block.

PHYSICAL ADDRESS. Does not receive mail.

I included a 2 page continuation sheet for the I-130, 1 page per question, each page signed, for the questions regarding current address.

My PO BOX address here is obscenely long, so i included a continuation sheet for the address question, listing physical address which cannot receive mail, PO BOX address, shortened 4x32 character PO BOX address, and a very short note explaining the purpose of the continuation and its contents.

I know i don't have to send in her birth certificate... but i have it... so I figured might as well.

The bona fide relationship part is a tad thin... but, I'll try to dig up more for the NVC stage if needed. Hoping this is enough to get through USCIS. We live together outside the U.S., but there's almost nothing to put a joint name on except the lease.

-=-=-=-=-=- OUR TIMELINE AND JOURNEY: -=-=-=-=-=-

03 / 2008 -- First visit to Venezuela, while visiting friends, I first met my future fiance
2008-2012 -
Six more visits to Venezuela and a proposal :)

04 / 2013 -- MARRIED IN VENEZUELA!! biggrin.png

05 / 2013 -- TR-FV visa issued to live in Venezuela for 1 year.

05 / 2014 -- TR-FV visa extension issued to continue living in Venezuela for 1 more year.

02 / 18 / 2015 -- I-130 paperwork handed to FedEx

02 / 25 / 2015 -- Received at Chicago LockBox

02 / 27 / 2015 -- NOA1 received. (California Service Center)

05 / 20 / 2015 -- NOA2 approval. (84 days).

-=-=-=-=-=- THE FUTURE: -=-=-=-=-=-

2017 - Wife goes back to school for 2 more years in the US so she can practice (Dentist)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The bona fide relationship part is a tad thin... but, I'll try to dig up more for the NVC stage if needed. Hoping this is enough to get through USCIS. We live together outside the U.S., but there's almost nothing to put a joint name on except the lease.

IMO, I wouldn't sweat "being a tad thin" on evidence; here's why, time together in-person is your strongest evidence. You can clearly show that you have been living together for an extended period of time, it doesn't take much to do.

My name is, I am a citizen of the United States. I am filing the included petition I-130 for my spouse,. I am petitioning for her to obtain a residency visa.

I would make a slight change to the verbiage above, instead of saying "residency visa," say "spousal visa" instead because spousal visa is the proper term.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Country: Venezuela
Timeline

IMO, I wouldn't sweat "being a tad thin" on evidence; here's why, time together in-person is your strongest evidence. You can clearly show that you have been living together for an extended period of time, it doesn't take much to do.

OK, that's good. I was planning on sending in a full color copy of my passport (+foreign visa) at the NVC stage to prove my whereabouts. should do the trick... I'll take a break this month, regain my sanity again, and then start working on putting together what I can of the DS-230 and NVC packet before it comes due.

I would make a slight change to the verbiage above, instead of saying "residency visa," say "spousal visa" instead because spousal visa is the proper term.

DONE, thanks for catching that Ryan! :thumbs:

Sorted out the copy/original problem from my other post, ready to send out tomorrow morning, provided no other errors are found before then. (been proofing it for a month now, shouldn't be too many left!) :dancing:

-=-=-=-=-=- OUR TIMELINE AND JOURNEY: -=-=-=-=-=-

03 / 2008 -- First visit to Venezuela, while visiting friends, I first met my future fiance
2008-2012 -
Six more visits to Venezuela and a proposal :)

04 / 2013 -- MARRIED IN VENEZUELA!! biggrin.png

05 / 2013 -- TR-FV visa issued to live in Venezuela for 1 year.

05 / 2014 -- TR-FV visa extension issued to continue living in Venezuela for 1 more year.

02 / 18 / 2015 -- I-130 paperwork handed to FedEx

02 / 25 / 2015 -- Received at Chicago LockBox

02 / 27 / 2015 -- NOA1 received. (California Service Center)

05 / 20 / 2015 -- NOA2 approval. (84 days).

-=-=-=-=-=- THE FUTURE: -=-=-=-=-=-

2017 - Wife goes back to school for 2 more years in the US so she can practice (Dentist)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

OK, that's good. I was planning on sending in a full color copy of my passport (+foreign visa) at the NVC stage to prove my whereabouts. should do the trick... I'll take a break this month, regain my sanity again, and then start working on putting together what I can of the DS-230 and NVC packet before it comes due.

When the time comes, it's the DS-260 (an online form) that is submitted, the DS-230 has been phased out for spousal visa cases. Documentation that accompanies the DS-260 still needs to be sent to the NVC. However, the NVC only needs photocopies now, original civil documents will be presented at the interview.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.