MikeNZ1984

Expediting EAD/AP Card due to Job Offer

2 posts in this topic

So the good news is, I had a job interview on Friday and was offered a great job, with full benefits, decent salary and commission structure, travel etc in the industry I used to work in my home country (except with WAY more opportunities). They've given me a job offer letter, that states that they want me to start tomorrow (obviously not going to happen and they know it). Have got an infopass meeting scheduled for Feb 11 (the earliest I could get).

Anyone had any experience with this, can fill me in on the process - what I can expect, what I need to provide etc. I have my suspicions that my EAD might get approved around the same date, but want to show my prospective employer that I'm doing everything in my power to be ready to work ASAP. Also is the EAD approved on the spot at the meeting, and can you work straight away if approved, or would you still have to wait.

AOS on VWP:

2014-11-14 (Day 00) Filed for AOS, EAD and AP
2014-11-17 (Day 03) Status Expired / AOS, EAD and AP Received
2014-11-19 (Day 05) Rejection Notice as two pages misplaced by DHS in I-130
2014-11-21 (Day 07) Resubmitted Application
2014-11-28 (Day 14) Resubmitted Application for AOS, EAD and AP Received
2014-12-03 (Day 19) NOA for AOS, EAD and AP (I-131 was sent to wrong address)
2014-12-12 (Day 28) NOA confirming biometrics appointment (I never received this, only attorney did - presume lost in mail)
2014-12-20 (Day 36) Request for Initial Evidence for I-485
2014-12-31 (Day 47) Biometrics Appointment
2015-01-04 (Day 53) Replied to Request for Initial Evidence for I-485
2015-01-30 (Day 77) Offered a Job, submitted request to expedite EAD and AP, infopass meeting scheduled Feb 11
2015-02-10 (Day 88) EAD Approved online.
2015-05-29 (Day 196) Green Card Interview - APPROVED!
2015-06-05 (Day 203) Green Card Arrived

Removal of Conditions:

2017-03-07 (Day 00)  I-751 Package Mailed (CSC)
2017-03-09 (Day 02) I-751 Package delivered (CSC)
2017-03-13 (Day 06)  Checks cashed
2017-03-13 (Day 06) NOA Received 
2017-XX-XX (Day XX) Biometrics Letter 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Call USCIS, and put in a service request for expedite for EAD/AP due to (financial hardship) job offer. They will e-mail you information to fax job acceptance letter, and then fax it. It will be approved quickly, and then you will receive card one week after approval.

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.