Chuksteddylove

Lagos Medicals Advice & Police Character Certificate

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi there!

We finally got to this stage of the visajourney so I would like you guys to advice me on how the medical examination is done. First, which of the two hospitals is the best (cost friendly, fast, and then easily accessible). What vaccines did you take and how much did it cost you?

The same applies to the police report. Who do I meet when I get there? How is it done? And how much did it cost in total?

Thank you as you help me.

cMqwm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congrats Chuks and goodluck in the next stages ... I am a july filer too but still awaiting approval.

However, my fiancée is going for his police clearance certificate tomorrow at Alagbon Police Station, Ikoyi in lagos in readiness for ours since police certificate has 1 year expiry with the embassy. (Just go to the police station and you will get it done same day at most N7,500 cos someone did hers for N6,500 last week).

For the medicals I suggest you use that of Children Practice at Ikoyi ... contact them on 07065859845 they would direct you and give u their price.

Goodluck in the journey ...

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So for anyone who would like to know how the medicals went, this is it.

I went to The Children's Practice on Monday with my int'l passport, 6 passport photographs, photocopy of my passport biodata page and my interview appointment printout. The receptionist gave me a GTB teller to pay 14000 for blood test and chest x-ray. On my return, she wrote a receipt (please dont lose it) and then gave me a tally card to wait for my turn. I did the blood test and chest x-ray.

The nurse then directed me to another office in the main building for medical history/breast examination. Funny enough it was a male doctor, lol. On my request, he called in a female doctor who examined me. Haha

After that, he ticked the vaccines I would have to take and then sent me back to the room where they took my blood sample. The nurse there, directed me to the receptionist who gave me another teller to take to GTBank 9500 this time.

I made the payment and she gave me another receipt (don't lose this too)

I sat and waited for my turn to get the shots (OPV, MMR and Tetanus). It stung a lot ;) I have a natural dislike for needles so.

They asked me to return after 2 days for my test results.

PS: please dont forget to come with your receipts to get your results.

I arrived at few minutes past 9am and left the hospital some minutes before 1pm

cMqwm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.