TiestoSoulmates

Why was my husband called in for a second interview?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

my husband went to his interview on Monday. She was there for four and a half hours. I am here in Texas because I could not be there for the interview because of work. All of the government officials from the USCIS to the NVC to the embassy in Casablanca have all agreed to expedite my case because of the need for me to have two major surgeries. In addition to that I am also bipolar with panic disorder severe depression and PSTD. Based on my medical reasons all departments have agreed that my case should be expedited. During his interview on Monday he had the older nice white American man and my husband did his interview in English. He came on a k1 visa and when he got here did not get along with his fiance and his fiance's mother drove him to Oklahoma where he had a cousin. He helped out at his cousin's car wash to make money enough to come down here to Houston where we met. As I am sure we are not the only one to have made the mistake of not knowing what I 94 is we make sure he returned with a hundred and eighty days of his visa. However that is incorrect since immigration only gave him 90 days and therefore he is banned for 3 years. The consular ask to see pictures of us and to see if there were any pictures and he had from when I have been there 4 times now since we have been married on February 23rd of 2013. He asked my husband three different times the date that we met and of course he knew the date. He also asked why did he not marry his fiance if they were already ok and everything was well in Casablanca. My husband explained that he she only came during the holidays to visit and of course everything was good when she was only visiting for a short amount of time as she was the sister to one of his best friends. When he came here to America she was abusive and alcoholic and said that she could be that way even though she was Muslim because she lives here in America. None the less I had sent my husband in with a full ream of paper from our chat on messages over the last year. I also sent with him all the documents that they requested of course including the original birth certificate and marriage license in addition to the letters I had sent him and all of my medical doctors notes. I also sent him with a letter from my boss stating that I'm about to lose my job because my performance has dropped since the pain has increased and gotten worse because I have pre cancer in addition to official of that leads to my tailbone with other problems within my bladder and ####### canal as well. I find it so hard to believe that they did not give him the visa even though he overstayed but I understand that ignorance of the law does not excuse one from being held accountable to the law. My question now is why would they call him back for a second interview? I posted on a lawyer's website and every single one of them said it could be a good thing or a bad thing so I am so confuse and any help would be appreciated. Has anyone else had a situation similar to this. I have already filed my 601 waiver and has already arrived because I had it overnighted and I also sent in an expedite request with my 601 waiver.

so sorry for the typos I am using my text to voice on my phone

Waiver mailed January 17th

Waiver received January 18th

Waiver received from Phoenix to Nebraska Center January 27th

Waiver approved February 17th!!!!!!

this is for a 601 waiver no lawyer assistance and the reason for the expedite is because I need two surgeries one is pre cancer related in addition to I am also bipolar with PSTD and panic disorder and severe depression.

Timeline

2014 married sorry I don't know how to edit my post

this is for a 601 waiver no lawyer assistance and the reason for the expedite is because I need two surgeries one is pre cancer related in addition to I am also bipolar with PSTD and panic disorder and severe depression.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

How fast did you get married after you met your husband? If it was really quick (within the 6 months of entering on the K1), then it may seem like he married you for a greencard.

April 27, 2016: I-751 mailed

May 2: I-751 received

May ??? NOA1

May 12: Check cashed

May 31: Biometrics appointment scheduled

June 1: Biometrics appointment letter arrives!

June 2: Biometrics walk-in

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

we got married 11 months after he was here we were married five months after we met each other. I know it seems kind of fast but I've been ready for quite a while to find the love of my life. He is my soulmate that is for sure. When we first were discussing how to get him home sooner with my father my dad said why don't you just marry the other woman that way you can stay here. But my husband said no way I will never marry that woman I need to do this the right way and I need to be able to go home and see my elderly grandmother and my dad he was diabetic if need be.

Edited by TiestoSoulmates

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You mentioned lawyer so presumably the lawyer had mentioned the likely issues you would have.

To be honest it would be a big ask for a simple approval with a back story like that.

There is no way he would not have known about the 90 day requirement even if you did not.

Most unlikely they doubt your intentions.

The expedites got your case heard sooner, they have no impact on the result.

The waiver only comes into play if he is otherwise approvable.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

so, on interview day, he was eligible for a 3 year ban, based on the 180 day overstay? is that right?

and you filed the waiver when?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

so, on interview day, he was eligible for a 3 year ban, based on the 180 day overstay? is that right?

and you filed the waiver when?

She has a waiver prepared. But not an approved visa subject to a waiver.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

ok - so the waiver was filed after interview day? sorry, I'm getting dense.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Consulate are still reviewing his case, not approved.

Timeline

he already received the paper that said he is an eligible because he overstayed his k1 visa but he is eligible to apply for the waiver. I already had the waiver ready to go since I knew that they were not going to give him the visa because he overstayed and I have been working on it for the last 6 months I send it on Monday I had it overnighted with an expedite request because of my surgery and they received it on Tuesday.

Timeline

He just called me with the results from his second interview and he had it with the nice lady he said that she was very sweet. Basically he felt like they're trying to ask second Interviews because he is in Morocco and because of all the problems with the ISIS is recruiting Moroccans and they want to make sure that they are not coming over for terrorism especially since he overstayed but they asked him more questions about his ex fiance, why he couldn't come back because he didn't have the money, etc. They asked him what his plan was when he does come here and he told them of course it was to take care of me after the surgery and she asked him what were his plans after that and he told them that he wants me to stay at home while he works because the job that I have is too hard on me and it's half the reason for the need for these surgeries that I've had over the last few years anyway. They asked him why I don't move to Morocco and basically I have a daughter who right now is staying with my ex husband because I can't take care of her, because I am so sick plus I don't really speak Moroccan Arabic and my French isn't that good because I only took a few years of it in high school. So I don't know what I would do for income. Since my health is so bad there is no way I could survive over there because they do not have the technological advances nor the doctor that I need and then we're trying right now for my surgery I would lose my health benefits and my health insurance. The company I have been with for 10 years now I get four weeks of vacation as well as insurance and things like that. I also have 401k and I also have a house that I have a lien on until next until next month because I was given a grant from the government. he said the interview went really well and she asked do you have any questions and he asked about is there any way that he could get a b1 and b2 visa long enough just to come over and take care of me but she said she did not know we would have to ask a lawyer but to wait and go ahead and apply for the waiver. He told her that he I had already done it and that it cost around $500 and she said yes that is correct so both of the interviews he went to they told him to make sure that we go and apply for the waiver as soon as possible to get the surgery done. When he offered her to look at the papers for my doctors at least this woman was nice enough to look at them but the first interview the man did not want to.

Timeline

ok - so it's a new clock with the newly filed waiver.

let us know how that turns out, the expedite request on the waiver, aye?

Timeline

Yes thank you. I sent a request for the expedite with a letter and just my main evidence from MRI and doctor reports as well as my boss statement about extreme weight loss, drop in performance, and changing my position if I don't get fixed soon.

Ty for the help. ♡

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Best wishes for a speedy approval on the waiver and hoping you will be feeling better soon !

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.