feeling_hopeful

Police Certification/Acta de Buena Conducta Problem in DR - Fiance can NOT get it because her Cedula is too new?

21 posts in this topic

I hate the Dominican Republic. Trying to get anything done there is a pain in the ###.

She went to one of the offices there and they told her that her Cedula is too new and they can't get any information at all on her. How is this even possible? This is the only time I've ever heard of this. They refuse to help her, or offer any more information.

My interview is in 3 weeks, and already time is running out. She has EVERYTHING else.

Can anyone help me clarify how she can get this document? Or should I just quit my job now and make plans to move there already? (I am being 100% serious.)

I am sick of this process already. The only reason I want to get married here is because I believe our quality of living will be much better in the USA than living there together.

One fricken piece of paper is holding us back from having everything ready.

Edited by feeling_hopeful

Listen there is something wrong, the problem isnt the new cedula, maybe she hasnt get the new cedula and that is the problem.

Many people here havent gotten the new cedula and when they try to get any documents they cant because they need the new cedula, maybe that is her problem abd you dont understand well.

It is very easy get the buena conducta paper, she goes to banreservas pay the taxes 530 pesos, then go to the fiscalia with that paper and get it in 15 minutes.

Maybe she hasnt get the new cedula and she xant pay the tax for the certification for that reason.

Bu sure that she has the new cedula, if she hasnt the new cedula she can get it very easy and free, then go to get the buena conducta paper.

She is doing something wrong, but get buena conducta is very easy.

I hate the Dominican Republic. Trying to get anything done there is a pain in the ###.

She went to one of the offices there and they told her that her Cedula is too new and they can't get any information at all on her. How is this even possible? This is the only time I've ever heard of this. They refuse to help her, or offer any more information.

My interview is in 3 weeks, and already time is running out. She has EVERYTHING else.

Can anyone help me clarify how she can get this document? Or should I just quit my job now and make plans to move there already? (I am being 100% serious.)

I am sick of this process already. The only reason I want to get married here is because I believe our quality of living will be much better in the USA than living there together.

Listen there is something wrong, the problem isnt the new cedula, maybe she hasnt get the new cedula and that is the problem.

Many people here havent gotten the new cedula and when they try to get any documents they cant because they need the new cedula, maybe that is her problem abd you dont understand well.

It is very easy get the buena conducta paper, she goes to banreservas pay the taxes 530 pesos, then go to the fiscalia with that paper and get it in 15 minutes.

Maybe she hasnt get the new cedula and she xant pay the tax for the certification for that reason.

Bu sure that she has the new cedula, if she hasnt the new cedula she can get it very easy and free, then go to get the buena conducta paper.

She is doing something wrong, but get buena conducta is very easy.

It doesnt matter if she get the cedula yesterday , she can get that paper.

Hust tell me how old is your fiancee?

Where does she lives? and i will tell you where go

sorry if you have stress by the process, but you dont know how get any paper here.

Belive get buena conducta paper is very easy.

Because you dont know how it does work you dont need say that hate my country.

Remember that all this process is complicated to go to usa because your country has a lot of rules to immigrant go there, just in case hate your country because think that tge peoole from others countey are terrorist, criminal and thieves, that is the way that usa think about immigrant.

Just look that you can come here without problem.

sorry if you have stress by the process, but you dont know how get any paper here.

Remember that all this process is complicated to go to usa because your country has a lot of rules to immigrant go there, just in case hate your country because think that tge peoole from others countey are terrorist, criminal and thieves, that is the way that usa think about immigrant.

She has the new cedula, for quite a bit some time now. I am not sure where she went, somewhere in La Vega. After asking her more about it, they told her that she needs to wait for her paperwork to be transferred from Santo Domingo. When she asked if she can go herself, they said no, and they had no one scheduled to go there anytime soon.

#######, and now she is arguing with me because I am telling her to go to another office.

One freaking paper is left...ONE. I can't believe this.

I am sure she is not being told the correct information. But she keeps listening to people over there and taking their word as law.

19, Lives in La Vega.

I don't hate the country, it was probably harsh to say that. (My brother has a house there even...) but the government agencies are hell to deal with sometimes.

I thought the paper would be easy to get as well, but it's turning out to be a nightmare. No one here has ever had the same issue.

My husband got his cedula in Miami Fl and he was running through the same issue that he wasn't in the system in La Romana so after already paying the impuestos they told him he would have to wait at least 5 business days but we couldn't wait that long due to his appointment was in 2 days.. So we decided to drive to Santo Domingo and they made him go to El Baco Reservas and pay the impuestos again but after a long wait that day they did give it to him! Wish you luck.

if she can go by herself to the procuradoria in santo domingo, she may be successful. If I were in your fiance's situation, I would give that a try and see what happens.

Good luck!

10/08/2014 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

10/16/2014 - NOAs:

11/18/2014 - Bio. Appointment

11/25/2014 - AOS Update (Ready for Interview)

12/30/2014 - EAD Approved (Card in production)

12/30/2014 - AP Approved

01/06/2015 - EAD/AP Card Mailed

01/07/2015 - EAD/AP Card Received

01/14/2015 - AOS Update (Interview scheduled)

02/18/2015 - AOS Interview (Approved!)

02/18/2015 - AOS Updated (Card is being produced)

02/19/2015 - Welcome Notice Mailed

02/24/2015 - Welcome Notice Received

02/24/2015 - Card mailed

02/27/2015 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

12/27/2016 - ROC filed (California Service Center)

12/28/2016 - NOA

01/08/2017 - Bio. Appointment Notice received

01/25/2017 - Bio. Appointment done.

12/12/2017 - I-551 Stamp on passport

06/12/2017 - "Approval Notice" DHS website (notice mailed)

06/12/2018 - Card in production

06/16/2018 - Approval Notice/Notice of Action received in the mail.

06/19/2018 GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

If she is 19 now i understabd her informations arent on the system, she needs go to santo Domingo and get it there, she needs go to the procuraduria and get it there.

The procuraduria is a Avenida Maximo Gomez at santo Domingo, she needs visit there the centro de atencion al ciudadano and take with her 2 fotos 2x2 size.

Young people arent on the system.

She can go hersef and get it

She has the new cedula, for quite a bit some time now. I am not sure where she went, somewhere in La Vega. After asking her more about it, they told her that she needs to wait for her paperwork to be transferred from Santo Domingo. When she asked if she can go herself, they said no, and they had no one scheduled to go there anytime soon.

#######, and now she is arguing with me because I am telling her to go to another office.

One freaking paper is left...ONE. I can't believe this.

I am sure she is not being told the correct information. But she keeps listening to people over there and taking their word as law.

And dont dry yourself crazy for that, if she cabt get it before intwrview, she can go to the interview without that paper, she will get a paper to submit the paper later and when she get it they process the visa.

Tell her that dont pay to nobody to go to santo Domingo to try to get the paper, she can go herself.

And dont dry yourself crazy for that, if she cabt get it before intwrview, she can go to the interview without that paper, she will get a paper to submit the paper later and when she get it they process the visa.

Tell her that dont pay to nobody to go to santo Domingo to try to get the paper, she can go herself.

I am hoping for no delay at all.

I don't know what she did, but she sent a lawyer friend of hers to retrieve the paper from Santo Domingo and I am beyond heated with her. He says he'll have her up and running in 2 days, which I am hoping works out because if it doesn't I am going to be pissed.

I told her to go to Santo Domingo on her own (her Aunt lives literally 10 minutes walking) and get the paperwork. Now she wants me to wait. She is familiar with traveling there.

I took a ton of time off of work to get everything done and bring her with me when I leave there. I can't believe she is being so stubborn unless she is being coerced by someone there trying to make money from her while they can. I'm seriously heated but am staying cool until Monday.

The lawyer is going to make money , i can tell.

Maybe she though she couldnt get it by herself.

Here many peoole pay to lawyers or people for do things very simple.

I am hoping for no delay at all.

I don't know what she did, but she sent a lawyer friend of hers to retrieve the paper from Santo Domingo and I am beyond heated with her. He says he'll have her up and running in 2 days, which I am hoping works out because if it doesn't I am going to be pissed.

I told her to go to Santo Domingo on her own (her Aunt lives literally 10 minutes walking) and get the paperwork. Now she wants me to wait. She is familiar with traveling there.

I took a ton of time off of work to get everything done and bring her with me when I leave there. I can't believe she is being so stubborn unless she is being coerced by someone there trying to make money from her while they can. I'm seriously heated but am staying cool until Monday.

Thanks for all your help guys. Her attorney came through and she has the paper she needs!

Cost me about $30 but I don't mind. :)

No more papers! Just the interview and fingerprints to go!

Can someone verify what vaccinations are required when you get your medical examination to allow entry into the U.S.? Are all required from the list below? This will increase the medical exam significantly.

Hepatitis A
•Hepatitis B
•Influenza
•Influenza type b (Hib)
•Measles
•Meningococcal
•Mumps
•Pneumococcal
•Pertussis
•Polio
•Rotavirus
•Rubella
•Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
•Varicella

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.