Kolewenoik31

Travel to the US

9 posts in this topic

Timeline

We are almost there....Monday is the big day!!!!! So claiming that God has already answered our prayer. Once our visa gets issued then I will start looking for a ticket. My questions are...what POE should we enter? I know it depends on where we live and the prices but I am looking at some now. We live in Washington State, our customs is in Seattle but instead of having hubby pass our house to go to Seattle I thought to route him to a POE on the east coast then on to Spokane. I looked at one that is going to Seattle and its $1,095 which is a really good price considering, but I guess its just my anxiousness. Should I seriously consider that one or go with my idea of finding a POE on the east coast?

Thank you!

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

Passport for USC 6/10 thru 28/2013 19 days

First face to face meeting Nov. 4th 2013 dancin5hr.gif

Married 19 November 2013 heart.gif

:energy: USCIS-TSC

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

24/7/2014 NOA-2 {135 days} :dancing:

12/8/2014 Case Shipped {NVC} :dancing:

:energy: NVC

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

31/8/2014 DS-261 submitted

3/9/2014 NVC billed AOS & paid

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

21/10/2014 IV package sent

21/11/2014 Case complete :dance:(L)

03/12/2014 Interview scheduled

08/12/2014 NVC shipped to Embassy "In Transit"

12/12/2014 Ceac shows "Ready"

:energy:Consulate

15/12/2014 Consulate received

07-08/01/2015 Medical {Passed!!!!}

26/01/2015 Interview results {APPROVED} :dance:(L)

26/01/2015 DHL Air Waybill created online

28/01/2015 Air Waybill shows "In Transit" :yes:

29/01/2015 Visa ready for pick up {DHL}

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

The warmth of true friendship and the love that binds the hearts of husband and wife are a foretaste of heaven. God has ordained that there should be perfect love and perfect harmony between those who enter into the marriage relation. Let bride and bridegroom in the presence of the heavenly universe pledge themselves to love one another as God has ordained they should. {LYL}

Thought to share our journey for those who need the encouragement!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The PoE should not matter. Choose the PoE based on convenience and fare. Why would you go through the East Coast if living in Seattle???

Edited by Bjorn&lyne

We are almost there....Monday is the big day!!!!! So claiming that God has already answered our prayer. Once our visa gets issued then I will start looking for a ticket. My questions are...what POE should we enter? I know it depends on where we live and the prices but I am looking at some now. We live in Washington State, our customs is in Seattle but instead of having hubby pass our house to go to Seattle I thought to route him to a POE on the east coast then on to Spokane. I looked at one that is going to Seattle and its $1,095 which is a really good price considering, but I guess its just my anxiousness. Should I seriously consider that one or go with my idea of finding a POE on the east coast?

Thank you!

POE is the first place he enters the US. No real difference. Seattle has the advantage of being small and fewer international arrivals. Also not having a connecting flight is beneficial should getting thru CBP take longer than usual. You need to weigh the cost verses time verses inconvenience of missing a connecting flight. I like direct flights as there are fewer plane changes which translates into less likelihood of lost luggage or delays because of weather or mechanical problems. Not having a connecting flight makes dealing with the CBP and Customs much more "enjoyable". Why do you want to have his POE on the East coast? More direct flights to Spokane? I would have him fly into Seattle and pick him up and drive back to Spokane so he can see his new state.

Good luck and congratulations on getting the visa,

Dave

Timeline

The PoE should not matter. Choose the PoE based on convenience and fare. Why would you go through the East Coast if living in Seattle??? I don't live in Seattle that's why I said i did not want to send him past my house just 2 POE. I live in the mountains on the East side of Washington. Spokane is the closest airport, but still a very looooooong drive, but the major airport. They don't accept international flights only domestic. So he has to POE somewhere other than there then fly into Spokane.

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

The warmth of true friendship and the love that binds the hearts of husband and wife are a foretaste of heaven. God has ordained that there should be perfect love and perfect harmony between those who enter into the marriage relation. Let bride and bridegroom in the presence of the heavenly universe pledge themselves to love one another as God has ordained they should. {LYL}

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

New York is a nightmare for POE. Be sure too schedule enough time between flights too get everything done. Lana had a cat so she needed almost 4 hours too get through it all. It also depends on what time of day you enter as the flights are jammed at certain peak times. If you can make Seattle as the POE that would be nice as you can process quicker. Really plan well so as not too have any problems. She flew to Seattle from NY and we drove back to Spokane. It is only 5 1/2 hour drive and it's a nice drive. Gas is cheap now but plan on staying in Seattle for the night as everyone will be tired. Good Luck....

Edited by Paul and Svetlana

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dont worry about the PoE. Get the most convenient/lowest fare ticket, regardless of PoE. If that means Spokane, which only might have very few connecting airports, then go through OHare och JFK if those get you to Spokane. Keep in mind that those are huge airports and do not schedule a connecting flight too close, but give it several hours layover to go go through the PoE and then security at other terminal for connecting flight.

Edited by Bjorn&lyne

Timeline

POE is the first place he enters the US. No real difference. Seattle has the advantage of being small and fewer international arrivals. Also not having a connecting flight is beneficial should getting thru CBP take longer than usual. You need to weigh the cost verses time verses inconvenience of missing a connecting flight. I like direct flights as there are fewer plane changes which translates into less likelihood of lost luggage or delays because of weather or mechanical problems. Not having a connecting flight makes dealing with the CBP and Customs much more "enjoyable". Why do you want to have his POE on the East coast? More direct flights to Spokane? I would have him fly into Seattle and pick him up and drive back to Spokane so he can see his new state.

Good luck and congratulations on getting the visa,

Dave

I would love to have a direct flight, but there are no direct flights from Kenya. He has to POE somewhere and Spokane is a small airport no POE. Seattle is the BIG one. As far as luggage he will probably only have a carry on he does not have very much. Now as for him POEing on the east coast all flights coming in from Africa come from the east to the west and if not all most of them. As I told the poster before you I live hours away from Spokane {3+}. Seattle is 9-10 hours. So sightseeing is nice, but not financially reasonable :no: Unless you are paying :dancing: then I can have him fly into Montana and drive back through the scenic route that is much more beautiful than going through Seattle. :lol:

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

I would love to have a direct flight, but there are no direct flights from Kenya. He has to POE somewhere and Spokane is a small airport no POE. Seattle is the BIG one. As far as luggage he will probably only have a carry on he does not have very much. Now as for him POEing on the east coast all flights coming in from Africa come from the east to the west and if not all most of them. As I told the poster before you I live hours away from Spokane {3+}. Seattle is 9-10 hours. So sightseeing is nice, but not financially reasonable :no: Unless you are paying :dancing: then I can have him fly into Montana and drive back through the scenic route that is much more beautiful than going through Seattle. :lol:

Denver is not a bad airport to POE at. My wife did it 4 years ago on her K-1. We also like to fly direct from Frankfurt to Denver. There are a lot of connecting flights from Denver to MT, SD, ND, ID, and even Spokane. I have done ORD, JFK, ERW, and MSP on international flights and all had their problems. I would leave at least three hours for a connecting flight or more. At MSP we had 3 hours and just barely made it due to the Customs clerk who insisted we go thru the bag inspection line and then back to him. We were not entering on a K-1 which does take some processing time.

Oh come on, with the price of gas as low as it is, you can fill the tank up 3 times for what it used to cost a year ago :devil: . Sorry, I cannot help pay as I am in the middle of getting my wife a new set of teeth :dancing:. At least you have this dilemma :thumbs: .

Good luck,

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Timeline

Denver is not a bad airport to POE at. My wife did it 4 years ago on her K-1. We also like to fly direct from Frankfurt to Denver. There are a lot of connecting flights from Denver to MT, SD, ND, ID, and even Spokane. I have done ORD, JFK, ERW, and MSP on international flights and all had their problems. I would leave at least three hours for a connecting flight or more. At MSP we had 3 hours and just barely made it due to the Customs clerk who insisted we go thru the bag inspection line and then back to him. We were not entering on a K-1 which does take some processing time.

Oh come on, with the price of gas as low as it is, you can fill the tank up 3 times for what it used to cost a year ago :devil: . Sorry, I cannot help pay as I am in the middle of getting my wife a new set of teeth :dancing:. At least you have this dilemma :thumbs: .

Good luck,

Dave

Lol lol You are so funny ROTFL Have your wife hold off on those teeth and send me that money for gas. :rofl: All joking aside Seattle is really way to far. I am a scarey driver and its winter. We are snowed in and i don't like to be sliding all around the mountains and into the ditches. So it has to be the Spokane airport.

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.